Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation Media Fail To Finish Booting

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation Media Fail To Finish Booting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran into a problem after the last update to my Windows 10 1903 installation - computer failed to reach the login screen and got stuck with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Darron Knutson, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Installation Media Fail To Finish Booting

I ran into a problem after the last update to my Windows 10 1903 installation - computer failed to reach the login screen and got stuck with the background wallpaper halfway displayed - very blurred. Anyway, I tried repairing the startup files, but Windows reported that it failed to do so. I then tried rolling back the latest quality update, but that gave no relief. Then I tried rolling back the latest feature update, but that didn't help. I had put off resetting the computer as a last resort, but then the computer for the first time refused to let me access the repair options. So, I tried using Windows install media to access the repair options. Both a USB stick and a DVD disk with the Windows 10 May update install media failed in the following manner:

1) Windows boot start normally - the "Window Pane" gets displayed, followed bty the "chasing dots."

2) Instead of getting presented with the dialog asking for language and region preferences followed by the choice of installing Windows or repairing the computer, a empty rectangle briefly flashes on the screen, followed by a plain blue screen and the mouse pointer. The mouse pointer responds, but nothing else happens.

I'm getting kinda desperate here - I need to get this computer back up to run my business! Thanks for any help!

Darron

:)

Darron Knutson, Jul 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. chideock Win User

Windows 10 Installation Media Fail To Finish Booting

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Installation Media Fail To Finish Booting

1. Windows 10 Installation Media Fail To Finish Booting - Similar Threads - Installation Media Fail

2. Installation media failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation media failing: Hi, I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but the media I have created on both DVD and USB won't boot up. After briefly displaying the windows logo I get a blank screen. This is happening on both the machine I'm trying to fix and the one I created the media on, both running...
  3. Installation media failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation media failing: Hi, I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but the media I have created on both DVD and USB won't boot up. After briefly displaying the windows logo I get a blank screen. This is happening on both the machine I'm trying to fix and the one I created the media on, both running...
  4. Installation media failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows: So I wanted to install Kali Linux and dual boot it with Windows, but it wasn't installing and gave Grub error. Ubuntu and Parrot OS had no trouble installing. My laptop is old so I thought to change my Gpt partition back into MBR and see if that could resolve the problem. I...
  6. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows: So I wanted to install Kali Linux and dual boot it with Windows, but it wasn't installing and gave Grub error. Ubuntu and Parrot OS had no trouble installing. My laptop is old so I thought to change my Gpt partition back into MBR and see if that could resolve the problem. I...
  7. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. At Finishing up Last stage Windows 10 Installation failed and rebooted with Installing...

At Finishing up Last stage Windows 10 Installation failed and rebooted with Installing...: Since Windows 10 crashed in August 2019 after attempted update. Create media USB drive twice. Tried lot for re-installing Windows 10 through media USB drive but all time failed at different stages. Last I tried for clean Install having clean disk and removed all partitions....
  9. Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times

Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times: Hey, so I'm not sure if I am the only one experiencing this particular problem, but this update has popped up, about 5 months ago I think. I'm sure its a big update, because I can still shutdown my laptop, even without going through the whole update if I wanted to. So 5...
  10. Windows 10 media creation tool not finishing

Windows 10 media creation tool not finishing: I have a PC that I wiped all the drives clean and bought an ssd. This is by far, not my first time doing this, but when using the media creation flash drive I have, I run the install and everything seems to be going good. Then once it finishes the checklist of install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media creation tool 1903 downloaded and I get a screen with three drive partions what do I do next?