Windows 10: Windows 10 installation not sticking

Discus and support Windows 10 installation not sticking in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I have an Acer aspire e1521 laptop and it used to run windows 7 home premium. I bought a self made installation disc for windows 10 and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by erza, Mar 22, 2016.

1. erza Win User

Windows 10 installation not sticking

Hello I have an Acer aspire e1521 laptop and it used to run windows 7 home premium. I bought a self made installation disc for windows 10 and after some minor issues it finally installed. It was windows 10 technical preview version and it worked fine at first. I opened a Microsoft account and downloaded some apps I needed and except for the store every thing else worked. Later I shut down my laptop and when I powered it again I had to install it again from the beginning but it didn't work at all. I couldn't open settings or any other application nor could I enter the web. I shut down again and did it all over again but it still doesn't work. Am I supposed to do something to finalize the installation so I don't have to do it every time I shut the PC down. Or is something wrong with my PC that doesn't accept windows 10.

:)

2. Facillity at Zero

Specialization in replies:

Step1

Step2

Step3etc

Installation Guide Windows 10, Mar 22, 2016
  3. WINDOWS 10 OPERATING SYSTEM GONE - PC BACK TO WINDOWS 7

Just be sure to stick with the steps, tools and methods in
    Clean Install Windows 10
    which is the best possible install of Windows 10 that will stay that way as long as you stick with the tools and methods given.

You will get and keep the best possible install to the exact extent you stick with the steps, tools and methods in the Wiki.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 22, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

OldMike65, Mar 22, 2016
  5. erza Win User
    I had tried installing it for free but it wouldn't work at all and my laptop was too slow so I needed to do a clean reinstall of windows. I bought the CD from a computer technician only for 5 Euros so it was no big deal but now tHe web won't let me open any website so i don't know how to enter the link you sent. But thanks anyway

6. You may run in to an issue if your previous Windows 10 install didn't activate. Or, if you have a valid 7/8/8.1 key, I believe you could wipe your drive clean and install Windows 10 from a disc that you can download right from the legit source (free).

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation not sticking - Similar Threads - installation sticking

2. My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work: So, my dad and I have tried basically everything to try and fix this Lenovo laptop. We are basically stuck in a loop. First, it tries to boot from USB stick dual 64 + 32 bit but basically ignores it.Then, it goes to the boot manager which says that windows 10 x64 bit and x 32...
  3. My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work: So, my dad and I have tried basically everything to try and fix this Lenovo laptop. We are basically stuck in a loop. First, it tries to boot from USB stick dual 64 + 32 bit but basically ignores it.Then, it goes to the boot manager which says that windows 10 x64 bit and x 32...
  4. My fresh install of windows 10 on usb stick does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can I recover my files that got deleted after installing MediaCreationTool on an USB stick?

How can I recover my files that got deleted after installing MediaCreationTool on an USB stick?: I had all my important files in the USB stick and I had to install the MediaCreationTool for something else but when I installed it, I noticed that all my saved files were completely ERASED, I've ran scan through a couple Data Recovery applications but they don't seem to...
  6. How can I recover my files that got deleted after installing MediaCreationTool on an USB stick?

How can I recover my files that got deleted after installing MediaCreationTool on an USB stick?: I had all my important files in the USB stick and I had to install the MediaCreationTool for something else but when I installed it, I noticed that all my saved files were completely ERASED, I've ran scan through a couple Data Recovery applications but they don't seem to...
  7. How can I recover my files that got deleted after installing MediaCreationTool on an USB stick?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick: The install gets to 96% of installation then I get an error message. The error says that windows cannot install the required files. Make sure all files that are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025DI’ve formatted the 1TB...
  9. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick: The install gets to 96% of installation then I get an error message. The error says that windows cannot install the required files. Make sure all files that are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025DI’ve formatted the 1TB...
  10. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick