Windows 10: Windows 10 installation USB fails

Discus and support Windows 10 installation USB fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum and I hope in advance that you might be able to help me. I have recently added a new SSD and HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Provin915, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Provin915 Win User

Windows 10 installation USB fails

Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum and I hope in advance that you might be able to help me.

I have recently added a new SSD and HDD to my old rig. I made a bootable USB with Windows 10 on it and when I try to install it, it all goes well. The problem occurs afterwards. Whenever I remove the USB and restart the computer, the screen stays stuck on the Asrock logo. Additionally, I am unable to get into the BIOS unless I put the USB back in. If I leave the USB in and restart then Windows 10 just boots up fine. Moreover, I tried installing Windows 10 on the SSD with the HDD both plugged and unplugged. Both decisions had no influence whatsoever.

I tried changing boot priorities in the BIOS but this did not help. Neither did changing the SSD to AHCI.

Now, I have an old rig so I saw that there is a BIOS update for my motherboard. But, I see all these warnings around it. I am not very experienced with computers, so should I just do it? It may not even solve my problem, but at this point I am ready to do everything.

Thank you for reading

:)

Provin915, Jun 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 first time installation fails USB 0xc0000225

Looks like the install media is corrupt or damaged. Try download and create another bootable copy and attempt the install again.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

also see...

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-windows-10...

Andre Da Costa, Jun 5, 2017
  3. Pulll Win User
    Windows 10 first time installation fails USB 0xc0000225

Trying to install Windows 10 on my new PC. Eventually leads to this message: Screenshot - d0f3aa9206dacb5d19c5a61865412c62 - Gyazo (status:
    0xc0000225). As it is my first boot I can't access the repair tool. Any ideas?

Pulll, Jun 5, 2017
  4. Windows 10 installation USB fails

Hi Provin915. Welcome to the TenForums @Provin915

Not exactly how you made your USB Bootable with Windows 10 but I would like to suggest you use the media creation tool outlined in this tutorial. Since you are going to put windows on the SSD please disconnect the HDD. Connect it after Windows is installed.

You said this is an old rig but not sure how old. Mine the tips about secure boot and Fast boot in the tutorial. Before installing Windows and after booting from the new USB key please delete the partitions on the SSD and let Windows create.

Not sure if your BIOS has the ability to boot UEFI. If it does you will want to use GPT partition structure. You can use these commands to wipe SSD and set to GPT.

When the first screen comes up press shift + F10. In the command window that opens run the following commands. This will erase the entire hard drive!

diskpart
    List disk
    select disk 0 (assumes SSD is identified as disk 0 and is where you want to install Windows)
    clean
    Convert gpt (if required for UEFI)
    exit
    exit

Clean Install Windows 10 (Edit: Posted wrong link.)

This process will install the Creators Update on your device. May be a few wrinkles to work out. For now I would leave BIOS alone.

Caledon Ken, Jun 6, 2017
  5. CmmTch Win User
    The SSD needs to be on the motherboards 1st SATA port, on mine it's port 0 (ASUS) try that and see if it will boot without having the USB inserted. I found this item some years ago when I put my first SSD in my home built computer.

For whatever reason the OS (boot) SSD needs to be on the first SATA port. Try this before doing a BIOS update.

Leave all drives disconnected until you can get the SSD to boot.

Good Luck *Smile

CmmTch, Jun 6, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jun 6, 2017
  7. Provin915 Win User
    My SSD is connected to the first SATA port already. I tried installing W10 on my SSD with both the HDD plugged and unplugged. This had no effect unfortunately.

Provin915, Jun 6, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Which windows version and build had you been running on the rig before you made changes? Was it windows 10 version 1607 or was it windows 7 or 8.1? How many new and old drives are there now? Did you remove all the drives that had windows on them?

zbook, Jun 6, 2017
  9. I posted the wrong link in post #2, sorry. Here is the correct link. (Also updated my posting.)

Clean Install Windows 10

Caledon Ken, Jun 9, 2017
  10. Provin915 Win User
    The old rig was running Windows 7. I removed all the old HDD's, except the new SSD.

Provin915, Jun 12, 2017
  11. Provin915 Win User
    Thank you, I'll try to follow this guide and hopefully it will work.

Provin915, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation USB fails - Similar Threads - installation USB fails

2. MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10: [IMG]MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is a communication protocol that is used to transfer the media and other files between two portable devices or between a computer and a smartphone. To use this communication protocol, you need to install an MTP device driver on your...
  3. Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.: Hi, I am trying to create Windows 10 Media on USB, "Scandisk 64GB", but it keeps failing. I googled many times, tried the ways showed on Youtube, but none of them worked. I can try to run exe.file on USB, but it shows error code, "0x80080005 - 0x90018". Please kindly...
  4. Windows 10 Installation "fails" from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Installation "fails" from USB: So I'm at my wits end with this. I've been trying to install Windows 10 on an old tower of mine that sat kinda dormant for a year. It's not too old, but I'm completely baffled as to why it just refuses Windows 10. Okay so, I've tried 4 different USB sticks: 2x 32GB sticks...
  5. Windows 10 installation from bootable usb failed

Windows 10 installation from bootable usb failed: Hi there! I have an old version of windows 10 installed on my desktop pc, and I've downloaded the new .iso update from microsoft website and successfully managed to install this new version of windows 10 on my laptop which was also running on an old version of windows 10,...
  6. Windows 10 USB is failing to install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 USB is failing to install: Hello I've just finished building a new pc but haven't been able to successfully install it via the USB i purchased on Amazon from Microsoft. When i get to the boot manager, i get the option for 32 or 64 bit. I use 64 bit so I choose that one. The "loading files" bar loads...
  7. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing: I am trying to install a fresh copy reformatted the hard disk of windows 10 using a USB Created an installation media on a USB flash drive Win 10 pro from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Changed the boot order on the other PC so that...
  8. Windows 10 install through USB media fails

Windows 10 install through USB media fails: Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an old machine, currently running on Vista. I turned a USB key into an install media with the official media creation tool. Once I've setup the BIOS to boot on USB, the computer does boot on it: I can see a black screen with a...
  9. Usb driver installation fail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb driver installation fail: Hello! I’m trying to install latest usb drivers for a Korg keyboard. After setup starts, I ger an error message saying that setup cant find drvtools.sys, a file which was suposedly unpacked from the installation package and is present in the system, just not where setup is...
  10. Win 10 USB Install Failing

Win 10 USB Install Failing: Before I start, I just want to say that I've looked everywhere that I could to find the answer, but I can't find anything. Hi! My name is Noah, and I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier this year. I haven't been using my computer basically at all over the summer, and when I...