Windows 10: Windows 10 interface has completely change - Please help

Discus and support Windows 10 interface has completely change - Please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Not sure if this is the right area to post this as this is my fist time using the forums. I have not used my laptop in a couple of days and believe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thunderlips, May 12, 2017.

1. Windows 10 interface has completely change - Please help

Hi
    Not sure if this is the right area to post this as this is my fist time using the forums. I have not used my laptop in a couple of days and believe that in that time, it has auto updated and now the interface that I was used to (and loved) has completely changed. Previously, my Windows 10 OS looked similar to that of Windows 7; since the update is has become almost unrecognisable and unusable.
    When I turn on and log in, instead of the usual desktop and subsequent icons; I get the following screen:

Windows 10 interface has completely change - Please help [​IMG]

As you can see, it is like a permanently pinned start bar is open and I am unable to remove Cortana from the task bar.

Should I want to use the previously known 'All Programs' on the start menu, this is what I am presented with:

If I open any program such as Firefox, Spotify, Netflix etc. there is now 'X' or '_' in the top right corner and these have to be accessed by right clicking on the chosen program via the task bar. Similar, I unable to get back within Settings or any other Windows screen and have to use the back button in the bottom left of the screen via the task bar. Has anyone else come across this issue/interface of Windows and do you know how to revert back to the much loved previous interface?

I have posted my version of Windows 10 below, if it helps?

:)

thunderlips, May 12, 2017
  2. fdb_660 Win User

windows defender

How to do complete disc scan, current defender interface has changed completely.

fdb_660, May 12, 2017
  3. OVI Maps update on N8

Looks like the interface has completely changed. Now has the ability to post on Facebook etc where you are.

bluegnu---01, May 12, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Windows 10 interface has completely change - Please help

Edwin, May 12, 2017
  5. jl2509 Win User
    Try Tablet Mode on/off

or

Your Windows version is slighty out of date for 1603 as the latest OS build is 14393.1198
    The ltest version is the creators update currently at ver 1703 Build 15063.296

To remedy your sart menu:

Goto settings, Personalization, Start and turn off "Use Start Full Screen"

I dont see an image for your X in the right corner of application?
    I can only assume that you mean a checkbox !
    To remedy this, goto explorer, View, and untick "Item Check Boxes"

HTH

jl2509, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 interface has completely change - Please help

1. Windows 10 interface has completely change - Please help - Similar Threads - interface has completely

2. Changing Windows 11 interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Windows 11 interface: After using Windows 11 for a couple of weeks I found I really don't like the interface at all. Many things that used to be point-and-click now requiretyping into some dialog box. I found several articles regarding how to configure Windows 11 to look more like Windows 10.They...
  3. Changing Windows 11 interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Windows 11 interface: After using Windows 11 for a couple of weeks I found I really don't like the interface at all. Many things that used to be point-and-click now requiretyping into some dialog box. I found several articles regarding how to configure Windows 11 to look more like Windows 10.They...
  4. why is my mic interface doing this PLEASE HELP URGENT

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is my mic interface doing this PLEASE HELP URGENT: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Videos/Desktop%202021-08-08%2020-41-47.mp4 the video is above please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-mic-interface-doing-this-please-help/2df4439c-7a81-424f-9e29-1fe4b9de5408
  5. My Windows Interface Just Completely Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    My Windows Interface Just Completely Changed: I'm not sure what/how I changed this, and I don't see any Windows Updates today other than Defender, so I am stumped. Picture below is what it is now. Any thoughts on changing it to default? [img] 159713
  6. Windows Update Store completely broke please help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Update Store completely broke please help: Ok so I just built a new system and everything up until this morning was working great. I've spent the last 3 days just doing updates, haven't installed anything else on it yet. Then this morning 1 update is just stuck KB2267602 at 0%. Also nothing in the MS store will...
  7. Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Carried out Windows update and everything completely changed - Please Help: TO SUBMIT THIS QUESTION ONE HAS TO SELECT FROM A LIMITED RANGE OF TOPICS IN WINDOWS - THE QUERY IS ABOUT WINDOWS/MICROSOFT BUT I've PUT OUTLOOK AS IT INSISTS UPON ONE OF THE OPTIONS I use Windows 365 I Clicked "update" in Windows and everything has changed on my laptop....
  8. After a update windows 10 has completly changed

in Windows 10 Support
    After a update windows 10 has completly changed: After a update on my moms pc everything on layout has changed she dont have desktop anymore it looks more like a phone. You can pin apps and folders to the right side of screen got a picture on how its looks like. I dont understand anything its like a new OS. Imgur: The...
  9. Windows 10: The installation interface has been updated

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: The installation interface has been updated: Microsoft has been slowly updating nearly every aspect of Windows 10 but one area that remained unchanged, for many years, is the UI used during installation. In newer builds of Windows 10, the UI has finally updated and while I do not have an actual picture to show you,...
  10. Completely broken interface and more!

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely broken interface and more!: I'm having a very odd problem that my Win10 GUI interface is completely broken! but fully functional. Let me explain, the majority of the elements from the new interface is missing. When I open a win10 app (not windows native program) the interface sometimes shows as a white...