Windows 10: windows 10 keeps restarting my computer for updates but does nothing

Discus and support windows 10 keeps restarting my computer for updates but does nothing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I keep getting the Update massage saying my computer needs to be restarted for windows 10 update. Thing is every time it restarts nothing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Diewoe, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Diewoe Win User

windows 10 keeps restarting my computer for updates but does nothing

I keep getting the Update massage saying my computer needs to be restarted for windows 10 update.

Thing is every time it restarts nothing is downloaded and it just does it all over again like 15 minutes later.

The Update it says its going to install is this
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586

That's all it says and i am all ready in Windows 10, this has also caused the "schedule time for restart" to be grayed out. My PC has restarted like 5 times in the past 5 hours. What the heck is going on? I.E. it restarts at 9am then does it again at like 10am then 11am always putting the new time in the schedule for a restart.

PLEASE help me stop this endless pain in the arse cycle. I use my PC at home to do my JOB!

:)

Diewoe, Mar 17, 2016
  2. At719 Win User

windows 10

im trying to get my computer to update to windows 10 but it keeps saying i need to do other updates and restart my computer and when i restart it seems like nothing was updated how do i get my computer to update so i cant get windows 10?

At719, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Window keeps restarting for upgrade but does nothing.

Hello Taha,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue and glad to know that your issue is resolved.

For further assistance related to Windows feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 17, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Try this Tutorial and see if it helps you.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

OldMike65, Mar 17, 2016
  5. Diewoe Win User
    Thanks for trying to help. Nothing worked.

I just gave up and did a full reinstall of windows 10 a CLEAN install. I removed everything so only windows 10 was installed on my system. Still it will not install the November Update.

The Last attempted i got this Error message.

0xC1900101-0x40017
    The Installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation.

Diewoe, Mar 19, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Run System File Checker:
    From the start menu, type cmd, then right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
    In the command window, type sfc /SCANNOW, press enter and let that run. It could take 10-30 minutes.

If you get the error above when trying to run SFC, then in the same command window, try running:
    DISM /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    then
    DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    then
    DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Then let us now what any errors or msgs it reports to you.

OldMike65, Mar 19, 2016
  7. Diewoe Win User
    yeah i did all that *Sad

after doing that i tried a complete clean install for windows 10 and tried everything again with no luck.
    that's when i got this message

0xC1900101-0x40017
    The Installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation.

Diewoe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 keeps restarting my computer for updates but does nothing - Similar Threads - keeps restarting computer

2. Why does my computer keep restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep restarting?: A blue screen keeps coming up to restart and then as soon as it finishes it does it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-restarting/bfe4cf4e-6cca-428e-953d-156ec1115814
  3. Why does my computer keep restarting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer keep restarting?: A blue screen keeps coming up to restart and then as soon as it finishes it does it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-restarting/bfe4cf4e-6cca-428e-953d-156ec1115814
  4. My computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps restarting: It starts up like normal but before it gets to login screen it says restarting and continuously restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-restarting/c7805fec-ec1c-4914-8409-67b0545a76c7
  5. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?: My computer has been randomly restarting recently. I am using Windows 10 version 21H2. I have already talked to Microsoft Support twice about this and neither of their suggestions have worked to stop the issue. Ever since the issue started on Monday, I started deleting...
  6. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?: My computer has been randomly restarting recently. I am using Windows 10 version 21H2. I have already talked to Microsoft Support twice about this and neither of their suggestions have worked to stop the issue. Ever since the issue started on Monday, I started deleting...
  7. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows update keep restarting computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update keep restarting computer: Hello When I was trying to download windows updates I got an error which I fixed with some google searches. But now when all the updates are downloaded it says install pending and the computer just restarts. When the computer boots up again it just keeps restarting every 3-5...
  9. My Computer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Computer Keeps Restarting: I updated my computer after not being able to due to low disc space, now it just keeps restarting and its been doing this for a couple of weeks. I used a external hard drive to get enough space for the update and I tried turning on and off again, but nothing works....
  10. Windows Update does nothing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update does nothing: I used blackvipers handy services tweaking list for windows 10, and I seem to have unknowingly disabled a needed service for windows update, because when i try to load it nothing happens - as you can see in my screencapture. BITS and Windows Update services are running so...