Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop shows only "Other User"

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop shows only "Other User" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So, I decided to reset my laptop entirely since I had plans to sell it but after I redownload Windows 10 the screen doesn't show up in HD, bootup takes... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kvfrte, Jan 16, 2017.

1. kvfrte Win User

Windows 10 laptop shows only "Other User"

So, I decided to reset my laptop entirely since I had plans to sell it but after I redownload Windows 10 the screen doesn't show up in HD, bootup takes 30 minutes and the only account that shows up is "Other User" with a blank username and password field. I tried getting to the troubleshooting menu by restarting and holding the shift key but no luck, my fingers hurt. Anybody help ??

:)

kvfrte, Jan 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 "guest " login during startup.

During startup when my desktop PC gets to the login page it displays a "guest" login box along with an error message " Guest user is not enabled, see system administrator'. This PC has Windows 10 , version 1703 installed. This problem just arose after
    the recent update ( 1703). I have 2 other laptops that run windows 10 version 1703 and they do not show this page, they show administrator login as always. When I check my user accounts on the desktop it only show the administrator account, and gives me the
    option to add accounts. My preference would be for only my administrator account to appear on the login page , just like my 2 laptops.

TimHoolihan, Jan 16, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jan 16, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello kvfrte, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you had set Windows to automatically sign in to a user account at startup and ever changed the computer name afterwards, then you will see a Other user at sign in that fails to sign in, and you must manually select your account and sign in instead. If this is the case, then you could do the steps below again in netplwiz to fix having Windows automatically sign in or not to the user account that you want at startup.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Jan 16, 2017
  5. kvfrte Win User
    I changed the computer name before I reset and the "Other User" is the only account. I also never enabled automatically sign into a account.

kvfrte, Jan 16, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 16, 2017
  7. kvfrte Win User
    How do I open the Local Security Policy ?

kvfrte, Jan 16, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Local Security Policy will only be available in the Pro or Enterprise editions of Windows 10, but you can use OPTION TWO.

Brink, Jan 17, 2017
  9. kvfrte Win User
    how am I supposed to download those things if I can't sign into the laptop at all

kvfrte, Jan 17, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Well, since you reset the laptop anyway, you might see if booting from Windows 10 installation media (USB), and doing a clean install can sort all of this for you.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 laptop shows only "Other User" - Similar Threads - laptop shows User

2. Not showing other users in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  3. Only My mobile phone's hotspot is not showing in my laptop but it is showing in other...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only My mobile phone's hotspot is not showing in my laptop but it is showing in other...: My mobile phone is vivo v5s and now my windows edition is windows 10 and laptop is hp 250g3 notebook .Although I have reinstalled window still this problem occurs....
  4. Problem with windows 10 1909 showing other user on startup.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with windows 10 1909 showing other user on startup.: Hello, I have the following problem with windows 10 1909 it was working fine and on startup it listed my name but now then my laptop starts up the log in screen says other user so click to sign in when the laptop has logged me in I check in accounts ans my name is the only...
  5. Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option

Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option: I'm currently building a Windows 10 LTSC computer to be used as an offline device. The device is set up with two local accounts on it - the super user and the normal user. I need to have fast user switching disabled and I want to set it up so that users must type in the...
  6. login defaults to other user only, no other users show

login defaults to other user only, no other users show: My W10 keeps defaulting to other user when there is none, and no way to get back to my login. Admin was set up by someone else, so don't have that. have always logged in w me as user. When I go to repair, i see my user name so i know it's out there somewhere....
  7. after windows update, the startup screen only shows other user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after windows update, the startup screen only shows other user: I was having issues with getting my computer to update, but I was able to update it after someone from Geek Squad was able to fix it. However, after my computer restarted after the update was installed, none of my user information will show and only “Other User” shows up. How...
  8. User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Accounts not showing, Showing only other users: i updated my lap with windows 10 update assistant after updated it restarted and it showing only other users while trying my user name and password it shows invalid user name and password [IMG][IMG][IMG]Please respond me with a possible solution as soon as possible...
  9. Other user only login option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Other user only login option: I recently reset my PC and when its done resetting it skips the whole entier setup page and shoots me straight to the home page with the only option to login as “other user.” No I cannot acess really anything while shift left clicking on restart besides completly wiping my...
  10. Other User is the only account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other User is the only account: Hi, its no great loss, I backed everything up. but my PC, I was using for basic testing and web stuff, is now not letting me in, I did the free upgrade, all good. decided, what the hell, lets reset the lot. (using the delete everything option) Windows 10 boots fine, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 login screen other users