Windows 10: Windows 10 locks up and have to close by holding down the power button

Discus and support Windows 10 locks up and have to close by holding down the power button in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 issue. The system locks up and the only way to get out is to hold the power button down and restart. After checking the event viewer this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SidYoung, Dec 12, 2019.

1. SidYoung Win User

Windows 10 locks up and have to close by holding down the power button

Windows 10 issue. The system locks up and the only way to get out is to hold the power button down and restart. After checking the event viewer this is what I found. It looks like a program tries to run and causes a critical error. I'm trying to find the program This started a couple of weeks ago and has gotten so it happens daily now. Any ideas?

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin

Source: Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime

Date: 12/12/2019 11:36:09 AM

Event ID: 5

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: (70368744177664),Process

User: DESKTOP-S87760E\sdive

Computer: DESKTOP-S87760E

Description:

0x3D0F: Cannot create the process for package ReaderNotificationClient_1.0.4.0_x86__e1rzdqpraam7r because an error was encountered while checking the user-level package status. The deployment operation failed because the specified application needs to be registered first.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime" Guid="{f1ef270a-0d32-4352-ba52-dbab41e1d859}" />

<EventID>5</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x2000400000000001</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-12-12T17:36:09.331492300Z" />

<EventRecordID>5078</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="660" ThreadID="1220" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-S87760E</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1691805489-2122755601-319471684-1001" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="PackageFullName">ReaderNotificationClient_1.0.4.0_x86__e1rzdqpraam7r</Data>

<Data Name="ErrorCode">15631</Data>

<Data Name="ErrorMessage">The deployment operation failed because the specified application needs to be registered first.

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

SidYoung, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

Holding the power button is not the proper way to power down. It's a hard power off on some but not all PCs (just like pulling the power cord)
    Pushing it one time should power it down. Just as the start/shut down does from the desktop (does it power off from the desktop?)

List the complete specs. If its the hard drive you can check the smart data
    Sometime a PC will hang on shutdown from programs that lock up

Jetster, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Lock Computer Option via Power button

Lock resides in your user icon...

*Arrow Lock Computer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Windows 10 locks up and have to close by holding down the power button [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 locks up and have to close by holding down the power button - Similar Threads - locks close holding

2. PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button: It started one day after i was done playing minecraft and my pc just froze and flashed colors at my face and i had to hold down the power button.Yes i've done SFC /scannow what ever it wasand dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but both said "theres no corrupted files...
  3. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button: Hello, I was getting ready to sleep for the night and I told my little brother to hold down the power button on my hp all in one computer to turn it off and I saw that it wasn’t turning off and got confused and we were brought with a bsod that had an error code of...
  4. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button: Hello, I was getting ready to sleep for the night and I told my little brother to hold down the power button on my hp all in one computer to turn it off and I saw that it wasn’t turning off and got confused and we were brought with a bsod that had an error code of...
  5. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Computer freezing randomly. No blue screen, no error. Have to hold down power button to...

Computer freezing randomly. No blue screen, no error. Have to hold down power button to...: Usually once a day my computer will crash without warning. The fans don't make a louder noise, CPU or GPU doesn't overheat i've checked using hardware monitor and task manager. My RAM is fine, i ran the memory diagnostics, I ran the diagnostics for my SSD too which has...
  7. Computer Restart Requires Holding Down Power Button

Computer Restart Requires Holding Down Power Button: Hello,We just got a refurbished PC with Windows 10. It has a weird issue that I can not figure out.When you select to do a restart, the screen comes up that says "Restarting...", and then the monitor goes black, all the lights turn off, and you can not hear any sounds coming...
  8. Screen goes black once locked, have to restart by holding power button

Screen goes black once locked, have to restart by holding power button: I'm facing this problem for the past 3 days. Whenever I leave my laptop idle or close the flap with my pc still running, I cannot unlock my PC again because it turns black/ grey. I can see my brightness being adjusted when I try to adjust with my keyboard. But I cannot see...
  9. My windows 10 is stuck after holding down the power button while it was updating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My windows 10 is stuck after holding down the power button while it was updating: Hello all. I am aware of my stupidity and know that this was a bad idea. I came home from dinner one night to find that windows was updating while the laptop a rog strix was in sleep mode. I decided in the moment to hard reboot the laptop and originally it looked as if it...
  10. Holding down keyboard buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Holding down keyboard buttons: Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with a brand new keyboard on my PC. I recently bought Gembird KB-UMGL-01 keyboard and I'm having an issue when holding down a button. For example, whenever I'm playing World of Warcraft if I hold down W to walk forward it acts as if I'm...