Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app wont access my mail and wont let me delete account

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app wont access my mail and wont let me delete account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So I added my outlook account to the Windows 10 mail app. I can get mail on my iPhone and thru the outlook site in the Edge browser, BUT the mail app... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BRKING, Feb 9, 2016.

1. BRKING Win User

Windows 10 Mail app wont access my mail and wont let me delete account

So I added my outlook account to the Windows 10 mail app. I can get mail on my iPhone and thru the outlook site in the Edge browser, BUT the mail app wont let me log in, wont let me delete the account (it says "something went wrong" and wont sync with my account. So what in the world can I do to fix this?

:)

BRKING, Feb 9, 2016
  2. iparkin Win User

windows ten mail application Won't sync yahoo email

My yahoo email wont sync with the mail app it keeps saying account needs fixing because settings are out of date this is not true as I can access my account through the browser. The solution offered in a similar post did not work as I am not able to delete
    an account in the mail app.

iparkin, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Change address that email is sent from in mail and calendar app

Good thought, but I checked my outlook.com default address, and it is set as my @outlook.com address not my gmail so that's not it. As a side note, if I go into my mail app and try to add my @outlook.com address as an account it gives me an error 0x8000ffff.
    I was hoping to add that account and delete my gmail account, but it wont let me.

AndrewGallagher, Feb 9, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Mail app wont access my mail and wont let me delete account

hTconeM9user, Feb 9, 2016
  5. Mail app version you need to bring you up to date is
    To find if you have latest version go to Mail
    Click Settings
    Then Scroll down to
    About
    That is where you will find it

hTconeM9user, Feb 9, 2016
  6. BRKING Win User
    I am updating now.

So let me get this straight, inorder to know there is a update, I have to go to the windows store and click on the mail app just to see if there is a new version??

BRKING, Feb 10, 2016
  7. BRKING Win User
    Didn't work. Still unable to access mail because it says my account needs attention. Also cant delete the account. Nor I cant seem to find a option to uninstall it.

BRKING, Feb 10, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Mail app wont access my mail and wont let me delete account

No once you have installed it
    Then go to Mail App
    Click and open it up.
    Scroll to settings
    Click and when it opens
    Scroll down to About
    Click and open it,
    That is where you will find what version you are on.
    It should show version 17.6568.19901.0
    This is the latest update

hTconeM9user, Feb 10, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Start button > select Settings >select Accounts > right side, is there a word VERIFY in blue color ?
    If yes, click it.

davidhk, Feb 10, 2016
  10. BRKING Win User
    I updated but it doesn't show that number as the current version

BRKING, Feb 10, 2016
  11. BRKING Win User
    Nope

BRKING, Feb 10, 2016
  12. What number does it show
    As that is the latest version installed
    10/02/16

13. BRKING Win User

17.6568.16901.0. Updated and restarted my computer. Mailbox now says "Not synced" and cant see my gmail or outlook emails at all. Previously I could see old emails but wasn't receiving new ones and couldn't send.

BRKING, Feb 10, 2016
  14. Yes sorry that is the version you want.
    Click the arrows at the top that will sync it
    Also do a restart and that should bring you it all up to date
    If you want go see mail straight away go to your email
    Like Manage Accounts click on one and click sync mail
    There you can
    Find 3-4 settings
    I have mine set as access straight away then click
    save
    Then that should bring the mail up straight away

15. BRKING Win User
    I know the sync button. That doesn't work. I restarted. Still broken. My account has a Triangle with a exclamation mark inside it. I cant link my account because I am already signed up and theres no way to delete the account.

BRKING, Feb 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail app wont access my mail and wont let me delete account - Similar Threads - Mail app wont

2. windows mail password wont remember me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mail password wont remember me: when i log into windows live mail it wont remeber my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-password-wont-remember-me/5774be41-7e6f-45b5-880e-fa5e858c84c9
  3. windows mail password wont remember me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows mail password wont remember me: when i log into windows live mail it wont remeber my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-password-wont-remember-me/5774be41-7e6f-45b5-880e-fa5e858c84c9
  4. There is an account that wont let me remove it

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is an account that wont let me remove it: So, about a couple months ago, i had gotten hacked, and they ended up taking over pretty much anything that the email address had access to, and changed it from my original to their email. And I've spent the better part of the las couple months having to re-acquire everything...
  5. There is an account that wont let me remove it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is an account that wont let me remove it: So, about a couple months ago, i had gotten hacked, and they ended up taking over pretty much anything that the email address had access to, and changed it from my original to their email. And I've spent the better part of the las couple months having to re-acquire everything...
  6. Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts: Hi I recently bought a new Asus laptop with Ryzen 5000 series, everything is ok until I want to configure the Mail app, can't add any outlook email accounts, neither google accounts, it is really frustating because I love this app and Outlook doesn't fit to me. I used this...
  7. Mail app wont let me add google account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app wont let me add google account: Hi, I am trying to add my google account in the mail app however when I choose to add a google account a window stating creating account is shown before closing abruptly. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks....
  8. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  9. Mail App Wont Open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Wont Open: Has windows 10 mail app going for 4 weeks, but today I cannot even open it. I see a windows try to open then closes quickly. I've uninstalled using powershell then reinstalled from the windows 10 store, but same problem. any ideas? 46388
  10. windows 10 wont let me access mail

in Browsers and Email
    windows 10 wont let me access mail: with my current problem of not being able to access the tool bar icons i now discovered that i also cant access my mail. MS told me to take my PC to have repaired?? Geek Squad told me to bring it to them?? Why cant anyone fix what they created. I cant even access my settings....