Windows 10: Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app How to Add or Delete Accounts in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ChrisBedford, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app

How to Add or Delete Accounts in Mail app in Windows 10

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

If you don't want to continue to receive email from a particular account in the Mail app for Windows 10, you can either delete the account and remove it from the app, or you can turn off email for that account. Deleting or removing an account from either app will also remove any calendar associated with that account. Turning off email for an account will only temporarily remove the account from the app until email is turned back on for the account.

*note When you add or remove accounts in your Mail app, the account will also automatically be added or removed from your Calendar app.

This tutorial will show you how to add or delete email accounts in the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add a New Account to Mail app in Windows 10
    • Option Two: To Delete Account from Mail app in Windows 10

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add a New Account to Mail app in Windows 10
    1. Do step 2 (Mail app) or step 3 (Settings) below for how you would like to add an account.

2. To Add an Account to Mail app from within Mail app
    A) Open the Mail app.

B) If this is the first time opening the Mail app, click/tap on Get started, click/tap on Add account, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshots below)

*note If you signed in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, then your email address for the Microsoft account will already be added as an account to the Mail app.

If you don't want to add another account, then click/tap on Ready to go instead, and go to step 12 below.

Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

C) Click/tap on the Settings button at the bottom of the left pane, and click/tap on Manage Accounts in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

D) Click/tap on Add account, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

3. To Add an Account to Mail app from within Settings
    A) Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

B) Click/tap on Email & app accounts on the left side, click/tap on Add and account under Email, calendar, and contacts on the right side, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Do step 5 (Outlook), step 6 (Exchange), step 7 (Google), step 8 (Yahoo), step 9 (iCloud), step 10 (other POP/IMAP), or step 11 (Advanced setup) below for what kind of account you want to add. (see screenshot below)

5. To Add an Outlook account to Mail app
    *note You can use this option to add Microsoft accounts (ex: Outlook, Live, Hotmail, and MSN accounts) to your Mail app.
    A) Click/tap on Outlook.com. (see screenshot below step 4)

B) Enter your email address and password, click/tap on Sign in, click/tap on Done, and go to step 12 below. (see screenshot below)

6. To Add an Exchange account to Mail app
    *note You can use this option to add Exchange and Office 365 accounts to your Mail app.
    A) Click/tap on Exchange. (see screenshot below step4)

B) Enter your email address, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

C) Enter your password, click/tap on Sign-in, and go to step 12 below. (see screenshot below)

7. To Add a Google account to Mail app
    *note You can use this option to add a Google account to your Mail app.
    A) Click/tap on Google. (see screenshot below step 4)

B) Enter your email address and password, and click/tap on Sign-in. (see screenshot below)

*note If you do not have a Google account, then you can click/tap on the Create an account link above to create one to add to your Mail app.

See: Why Google asks for your information at sign-up - Accounts Help

C) Click/tap on Accept. (see screenshot below)

D) Click/tap on Done, and go to step 12 below. (see screenshot below)

8. To Add an Yahoo! account to Mail app
    *note You can use this option to add Yahoo! accounts to your Mail app.
    A) Click/tap on Yahoo! Mail. (see screenshot below step 4)

B) Enter your email address and password, click/tap on Sign in, click/tap on Done, and go to step 12 below. (see screenshot below)

9. To Add an iCloud account to Mail app
    *note You can use this option to add an iCloud account to your Mail app.
    A) Click/tap on iCloud. (see screenshot below step 4)

B) Enter your email address and password, click/tap on Sign-in, and go to step 12 below. (see screenshot below)

10. To Add Other account to Mail app
    *note You can use this option to add other POP and IMAP accounts to your Mail app.

If you like, you can use step 11 below instead to add POP and IMAP accounts with advanced setup instead.

A) Click/tap on Other account. (see screenshot below step 4)

B) Enter your email address and password, click/tap on Sign-in, and go to step 12 below. (see screenshot below)

11. To use Advanced Setup to add Exchange ActiveSync or Internet email account to Mail app
    *note You can use this option to add an Exchange ActiveSync or Internet email (POP and IMAP) account with advanced setup to your Mail app.

Please check with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for their POP or IMAP settings.

A) Click/tap on Advanced setup. (see screenshot below step 4)

B) Click/tap on Exchange ActiveSync or Internet email to choose what kind of account you want to setup. (see screenshot below)

C) Enter your account information, click/tap on Sign-in, and go to step 12 below. (see screenshots below).

*note If you wanted to specify a port number for your IMAP (incoming) or SMTP (outgoing) email server, then after the name of the server enter a colon followed by the port number, another colon, and 1.

For example:
    smtp.gmail.com:465:1

12. The account will now be added to the accounts list in the left pane of Mail to be able to switch between accounts.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Delete Account from Mail app in Windows 10
    1. Do step 2 (Mail app) or step 3 (Settings) below for how you would like to delete an account.

2. To Delete an Account in Mail app from within Mail app
    A) Open the Mail app.

B) Click/tap on the Settings button at the bottom of the left pane, and click/tap on Manage Accounts in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

C) Click/tap on the account you want to remove, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

3. To Delete an Account in Mail app from within Settings
    A) Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

B) Click/tap on Email & app accounts on the left side, click/tap on the account you want to delete under Email, calendar, and contacts on the right side, click/tap on Manage, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Delete account. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Delete to confirm. (see screenshot below)

6. The account will now be removed from the accounts list in the left pane of Mail.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ChrisBedford, Sep 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 Mail APP

Cannot add or delete accounts in the Windows 10 Mail APP. Tried resetting and then deleting and reloading with the same results.

HankMorrow, Sep 22, 2015
  3. GaryB0125 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App Suggested Contacts

I finally figured out how to get rid of unwanted suggested contacts for my outlook.com account in the Windows 10 Mail App:

• Sign into the outlook.com account on the web and then delete any unwanted suggested contacts by clicking the X next to the suggested contact.
    • Sign out of outlook.com and then open the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Delete the outlook.com account from the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Add the outlook.com account back in.
    • The deleted suggested contacts are now gone!

GaryB0125, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app

Hello Chris, and welcome to Ten Forums *Smile

Yep, it was from an outdated version. The tutorial has now been updated.

Brink, Sep 22, 2015
  5. KeithJB Win User
    I want to delete my account from windows mail but I can't because it's the one I log into windows with. Unfortunately, Windows mail thinks it's an outlook email address and it's not, it's a google account. I readded the email as a gmail account and it works fine but I just can't delete the old one, even though both accounts have he same email address at my own domain name! Any ideas?

KeithJB, Oct 16, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 16, 2015
  7. KeithJB Win User
    Thanks - well its the same email address at my domain it's just that Microsoft thinks it's an outlook address so I have Sync Off in windows mail for that account and the same address added as a gmail address works fine!

KeithJB, Oct 16, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 16, 2015
  9. KeithJB Win User
    Well originally my Microsoft account was under a Yahoo address then I added my own domain email as an alias and deleted the Yahoo one. Could that be the cause?

KeithJB, Oct 16, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That would be why it's seeing your domain email associated with your Microsoft account, and possibly stuck it with Outlook.

Brink, Oct 16, 2015
  11. KeithJB Win User
    I was trying to think this through then I looked at my friends laptop and her mail account and she has the same problem. She has an email address at "Sbcglobal.net" and that's her MS login and it thinks it's an outlook address too so she has to add her same address to mail as a Yahoo account in order for it to work (Sbcglobal, old AT&T, uses Yahoo mail). So it seems like MS accounts thinks everyone's address is an Outlook email so you have to turn off sync and add the same address under yahoo for it to work. I think it's a WIndows 10 bug now, rather than something I did! Is there a way to tell it what type of email account it is when you add an account or alias? Thanks for all your help by the way.

KeithJB, Oct 18, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 18, 2015
  13. KeithJB Win User

I could try that but I always assume feedback to a large corp like Microsoft goes into a black hole or the circular filing cabinet so don't usually bother. Do you think anyone looks at feedback? Do you have any more suggestions to fix it? I think it won't help to switch to a local account and back because its the same address. I never used outlook on the web to access the email. I do use Outlook 2010 as a email client to access my gmail account but I don't think that should affect the status of my ms account should it?

KeithJB, Oct 18, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The switching to local and back to MS account was only for what email address would be used in the Mail app if that email address was the primary alias for the MS account.

MS has been pretty good with Windows 10 feedback, and is trying to do what they can with it.

Brink, Oct 18, 2015
  15. KeithJB Win User
    Ok well my email was the one and only alias for my account. Do you think the feedback goes under Win10 and Microsoft accounts or is it a mail app issue?

Thanks for your help by the way - you are so quick!!!

KeithJB, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Add Delete Account

2. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  3. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  4. Can not add Gmail account to Windows 10 mail app

Can not add Gmail account to Windows 10 mail app: This is the long standing problem with adding Gmail accounts to the Windows 10 mail app.Repeated errors - can not find account information, error code 0x80070490.No IMAP adjustments in Gmail work, no access adjustments work.Tried turning off McAfee firewall made no...
  5. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

Unable to Add Account to the Mail app: Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added. I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already...
  6. Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App

Cannot add a Yahoo Account to Windows 10 Mail App: I have tried adding my Yahoo account to my Microsoft Mail. I can add GMail and Hotmail but not Yahoo, receiving this error message. [ATTACH] I also tried adding it as an "other account" but am unable to do so. I have reset the Mail app in settings and cleared the...
  7. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  8. win 10 mail app stuck on add account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    win 10 mail app stuck on add account: L have tried resetting email app also removed and reinstalled app to no avail. When I enter any of my email addresses, the app says email address is already in use. Anyone have any other ideas...
  9. Not able to add accounts to Mail app.

Not able to add accounts to Mail app.: I am having issues adding a new account to the mail app. I already have added a Outlook.com & a gmail account without issue but when I am trying to add a second outlook.com account it just gets stuck at the creating account window. Have reset the app twice without success....
  10. Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App: I am logged in to my Microsoft Account and am trying to add an email account to the Mail app by following Brink's tutorial Mail app - Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. When I get to step 9 and enter an email address and password, I get a message saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove email account windows 10

2. win 10 remove email account