Windows 10: Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing

Discus and support Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have to keep adding the Deleted Items folder to Favourites in Windows 10 mail program All the other folders I created stay there But every time I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JO69, Mar 8, 2018.

1. JO69 Win User

Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing

I have to keep adding the Deleted Items folder to Favourites in Windows 10 mail program
    All the other folders I created stay there
    But every time I open Windows 10 Mail the Deleted Items folder has gone
    (In both accounts have in there)

:)

JO69, Mar 8, 2018
  2. Wayne4576 Win User

Windows 10 mail app sync issue

Original title: Windows 10 mail

An hour or so after I receive an email in Windows 10 mail, it disappears. The deleted items folder says "not synced yet." (The drafts and sent items folders say the same thing, but the inbox and outbox folders work fine.) How can I get my emails to stop
    disappearing, and how can I get my deleted items folder synced?

Wayne4576, Mar 8, 2018
  3. Retrieving deleted emails

When I delete emails in Windows Live Mail, they disappear rather than going into the deleted items folder. What can I do to get the deleted items folder to work?

Many thanks

Chris in frustration, Mar 8, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Try to reset (you may loose your account info and reassign) Mail app. If this doesn't work, maybe reinstalling it would fix it.

*Arrow tenforums | tutorials -reinstall-re-register-apps-windows-10

Run troubleshooter first

AndreTen, Mar 8, 2018
  5. JO69 Win User
    JO69, Mar 9, 2018
  6. AndreTen Win User
    And, did it help?

AndreTen, Mar 9, 2018
  7. JO69 Win User
    For 2 days
    I have 2 accounts in Window 10 Mail
    Both are Gmail. That's the only problem I have.

8. AndreTen Win User

Good to hear. Hope it'll stick *Smile

You can mark the thread as solved (green mark at the top)

AndreTen, Mar 11, 2018
  9. JO69 Win User
    Has stuck in one account but not the other one
    Have created more folders but they are still there

10. krashd Win User
    I'm getting this too. How does Microsoft manage to create such quirky bugs?

I have a gmail and a regular IMAP account, I removed/deleted both, the following day after a reboot I tried to uninstall the app and found out I couldn't, but I did find that Windows 10 apps have a reset function that wipes them back to factory settings, so I did that. The next day I put my two accounts back in the app and before even altering any settings or starting to personalise the app my favourited Deleted Items folders were unfavourited again.

Every single time I check mail and want to delete stuff I have to go through More > Deleted Items because adding that folder as a favourite just sees it get unfavourited again within hours.

krashd, Mar 14, 2018
  11. JO69 Win User
    So glad its not just me!

12. krashd Win User
    LMAO, as if now to taunt me the 'Deleted Items' folder is gone from the 'More Folders' slide-out too, so it's not available anywhere in the app. I'll just have to check my mail in a browser and hope this nonsense gets sorted out.

Peculiar bug.

krashd, Apr 4, 2018
  13. AndreTen Win User

Are you sure? Gmail's name for "Deleted items" is "Trash". Make sure, you are not creating new folder, naming it as Deleted but Gmail is setting its favorite folder (Trash) back.

Gmail is playing by its rules... But it's not nice to us ordinary users to be in the middle sometimes...

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
  14. krashd Win User
    I just checked and Google had renamed it not to Trash, but to 'Bin' 0_O

I never edit it, I just favourite it, the App must remove it when the IMAP server tinkers with it. Anyway for the meantime my deleted folder is back but something tells me it is not the end of this mystery. But, thanks, Andre - probably wouldn't have thought to look for a renamed folder had you not mentioned it *Smile

krashd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing - Similar Threads - mail deleted items

2. Cannot delete a folder from deleted items from Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete a folder from deleted items from Windows Mail: I am unable to permanently delete a folder from Windows Mail. I keep getting the error " The ***** folder could not be deleted"Version: 16005.14326.20206.0* Moved from Windows Live Mail...
  3. Wndows Mail auto deleting all items in one folder

Wndows Mail auto deleting all items in one folder: Using Mail for Windows 10 or Windows Mail - I have many folders but, just one, isn't keeping emails sent there. As soon as I add new message, all others auto deletes. All other folders working fine. This folder is important. How to fix so that all emails remain in that...
  4. Deleted Folder Not Disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Folder Not Disappearing: Somehow I ended up accidentally creating two different folders that had the exact same name on my desktop. Normally it should have just overwritten what was in the original folder or asked me to change one of the folder's names but instead it created a second folder, with...
  5. folders disappeared in windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders disappeared in windows live mail: After having a windows10 update I have lost many af my folders from windows live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-disappeared-in-windows-live-mail/8cdfdec0-2ea0-461c-b425-93df123f5991
  6. Deleted Items Folder.

Deleted Items Folder.: I have 4 Hotmail accounts signed in via the W.10 mail app. All were working fine. Now I find the 1st account I added has many emails going direct to Deleted items folder. I want these emails delivered direct to my Inbox folder. How do I correct the issue ? Thanks....
  7. Deleted items in Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted items in Windows Mail: I have some 300 items in my Windows Mail deleted folder. Is there any way I can tell Mail to hold only the latest 50 deleted items only rather than occasionally enter the folder and delete a number of older items by hand? Thanks in advance for all help. 150705
  8. [W10 Mail] Need to delete 30k emails in the deleted items folder -- how?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [W10 Mail] Need to delete 30k emails in the deleted items folder -- how?: Hey all, So I have a client that uses the Windows 10 mail app to get her email through a POP account. The laptop is not the best unit, and she has 30k emails in her deleted items folder. Because of this, her Mail app gets extremely sluggish very quickly. I need to delete all...
  9. Windows 10 Mail Folders Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Folders Disappeared: I opened my Windows 10 Mail on my Laptop and all but one of my Folders (approximately 20) have disappeared. Can these be recovered in any way please, to my knowledge I didn't instigate any action to delete the Folders. I thank you in anticipation. 98379
  10. Deleted Windows mail Folder

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted Windows mail Folder: I have tried to activate windows mail inwindows 10. I have did this on windows7 & 8 no problem. I have deleted the windows mail folder, now I can not paste the winows 8.1 windows mail back in the .*cry 31099