Windows 10: windows 10 main account reseting

Discus and support windows 10 main account reseting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I have a main account on my laptop with windows 10, but the problem is, I have forgotten my password for this account and i have tried so many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by katrina_n, Sep 25, 2019.

1. katrina_n Win User

windows 10 main account reseting

Hello!

I have a main account on my laptop with windows 10, but the problem is, I have forgotten my password for this account and i have tried so many times to recover the password, but no success. I wanted to ask for a help.

Is there a way to restart my windows 10 and make a new main account on my laptop, so that the old one is deleted and in a way that it keeps all my files , pictures, documents and everything else on my laptop and does not delete?

:)

katrina_n, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown windows 10 main account reseting :(

Zakin, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

Thema:

1. windows 10 main account reseting - Similar Threads - main account reseting

2. HOW TO RESET MY PASSWORD FOR MAIN ACCOUNT ON WIDOWS 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO RESET MY PASSWORD FOR MAIN ACCOUNT ON WIDOWS 8.1: I am using Windows 8.1. I have two local accounts. One main and the other I created later on. I have forgotten the password to my main account and i have been using my other account for a while. I tried resetting the password for my main account but it needs a flash drive...
  3. HOW TO RESET MY PASSWORD FOR MAIN ACCOUNT ON WIDOWS 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO RESET MY PASSWORD FOR MAIN ACCOUNT ON WIDOWS 8.1: I am using Windows 8.1. I have two local accounts. One main and the other I created later on. I have forgotten the password to my main account and i have been using my other account for a while. I tried resetting the password for my main account but it needs a flash drive...
  4. Delete Main Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Main Account: hello,i got a new device, and set it up with a temporary account while i recovered my old one. now, i finally have my other account set up as admin. i no longer want the other account, but the system wont let me delete it or remove it. i want it gone as soon as possible,...
  5. Changing my main Windows 10 account email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing my main Windows 10 account email: Hey guys. When i installed Windows 10, i used 'Email A' to sign in. Unfortunately, i've been receiving a lot of phishing emails in Email A lately, and would like to switch my main windows 10 account email to a new email. I did a quick google search and was told that in...
  6. How to change the main account of windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change the main account of windows 10: Hi, I am trying to change the main account of Windows 10 because the one that I have now has been blocked, and I think someone hacked it. Thanks to the "really good" Microsoft support, I am not able to recover it because all the modules that I sent failed with irrefutable...
  7. a lot but mainly Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    a lot but mainly Reset: So I don't really know how it started but I noticed that all of my steam games were missing so I went to the file it was saved in and it was almost unrecognizable which is where since this pc is literally 2 days old so I decide to just reset it but no matter what I did it...
  8. Main Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main Microsoft account: I'm using a handy down windows 10 computer from a family member with an Microsoft account which is marked the main one It wont let me delete it from settings area. Is there a way around it to get rid of it and put my own on here instead of the first owner of this pc? Thx...
  9. Window 10 mail dropped main email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 mail dropped main email account: For a second time, I opened windows 10 mail to find my main email account no longer listed. The inbox shows email sent to that account although I can or was able to read the my mail using the ISP's internet based mail package. The last time I added the account and windows 10...
  10. Remove main account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove main account: I set my computer up with the wrong email address by accident for the MS account. It will not allow me to remove the main account. I added another account with the right info, but the computer is registered with the first one and will not let me delete it. Any suggestions?...