Windows 10: windows 10 map network drive does nothing

Discus and support windows 10 map network drive does nothing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've just rebuilt my PC and am on Windows Pro 64 bit version 1909. When I try to map a network drive, it lets me select the option but then nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mark4323, May 14, 2020.

1. Mark4323 Win User

windows 10 map network drive does nothing

I've just rebuilt my PC and am on Windows Pro 64 bit version 1909.

When I try to map a network drive, it lets me select the option but then nothing happens. this is even for when trying to set a drive for a sub directory in 'documents'.

I had no problems before the rebuild/upgrade - 1903.

:)

Mark4323, May 14, 2020
  2. DMyr Win User

Trouble Mapping Network Drive

I have a WD NAS drive connected to my router and have mapped it on three of my computers. I just setup another laptop with Windows 10 and have updated it to 1809 and when I tired Mapping a network drive nothing is displayed in the browse window except the
    computer I am currently using. The drive is shown under network locations in File Explorer but not when you select map network drive and browse. I right clicked on the drive and selected properties and noted the IP address and went back into Map network drive
    but instead of selecting browse I entered the IP address but it still does not map the drive. The strange part is if I go to any of the computers that already has the network drive mapped and select Map network drive and select browse none of those computers
    show the drive either but you can select the mapped drive in the drive list in file explorer and it works just fine.

I have read several articles both here and elsewhere and tried the suggestions but nothing works. Network discovery is turned on as is file sharing and also checked if all three boxes under SMB file sharing support in Windows features were also checked and
    they are. I have mapped several computers to several different drives over the years and anytime the drive was not listed it was always easy to go into Network Sharing Centre and find the problem but everything seems to be as it should so would appreciate
    if someone can suggest something I may have overlooked.

Thank you

3. Create a shortcut to map a network drive windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to create a shortcut to map a network drive. I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the articles mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Note: These articles are for Windows 7/8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 14, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Yep. *Wink

Mapped drives issue now resolved. See "Current Status" table on first post for more details.

*Arrow Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released - Windows 10 Forums

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Current Status[/td] [td]Affected Platforms[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]December 5, 2018 3:00 PM PT[/td] [td]Resolved[/td] [td]
    • Windows 10, version 1809
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Windows Server, version 1809
    [/td] [td]Mapped drives may fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. Symptoms include:
    • In File Explorer, a red "X" appears on the mapped network drives.
    • Mapped network drives show as "Unavailable" when you run the net usecommand from a command prompt.
    • In the notification area, a notification displays, "Could not reconnect all network drives."
    Resolved: KB4469342 addresses the issue that may cause mapped drives to fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. This supersedes KB4471218 for workaround scripts to automatically reconnect a mapped network drive when you log on to the device.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Brink, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 map network drive does nothing - Similar Threads - map network drive

2. Windows 10: Map a network drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Map a network drive.: Hi Greg, I read your reply on 'Map a network drive'. It is helpful, but my question, about mapping a network drive, is a little different. Am helping a colleague map a network drive. Have granted Full Access to that colleague's account.While browsing and selecting the drive,...
  3. Windows 10: Map a network drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Map a network drive.: Hi Greg, I read your reply on 'Map a network drive'. It is helpful, but my question, about mapping a network drive, is a little different. Am helping a colleague map a network drive. Have granted Full Access to that colleague's account.While browsing and selecting the drive,...
  4. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  5. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  6. Mapping a network drive windows 10

Mapping a network drive windows 10: Hi All, I have tried to map an old network drive to my PC which hasn't been connected since win 10 update, it is a Lenovo/EMC product that is no longer supported and Lenovo EMC storage manager (On my old pc)) doesn't appear to be working. (Says the device if offline). I...
  7. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  8. Map network drive not working in windows 10 solution

Map network drive not working in windows 10 solution: I have done the solution of windows 10. download MediaCreationTool1809 from windows website and install it after that restart your system and make sure your firewall is on condition.
  9. Windows 10 map network Drive

Windows 10 map network Drive: I got the solution of WIndows 10 map network drive connect. Please install MediaCreationTool1809 and switch on firewell setting. then restart your system. You’ll got activate your map network drive....
  10. Map Network Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Map Network Drive in Windows 10: How to: Map Network Drive in Windows 10 How to Map Network Drive or Disconnect Network Drive in Windows 10 When you map a network drive, you are creating a shortcut in This PC to a shared folder or computer on your network. A mapped network drive has the following...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 map network drive