Windows 10: Windows 10 May 1903 Update Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 May 1903 Update Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a DELL Vostro 4581. It is up to date with the latest drivers and software and is currently on windows 1809. However, I am unable to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshuaSilva2003, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 May 1903 Update Issue

I have a DELL Vostro 4581.

It is up to date with the latest drivers and software and is currently on windows 1809.

However, I am unable to find the windows 1903 update on windows update yet.

Should I wait a bit longer or is there a problem with my laptop?

Any assistance is appreciated.

:)

JoshuaSilva2003, Jun 9, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 9, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 May 1903 Update Issue

USB issue with win10 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the exact issue that you are facing with the USB drive?
    2. What do you mean when you say "sub-directory link" and "if its saved on a USB drive"?
    3. Is the USB drive letter changing itself after the 1903 update?

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 May 1903 Update Issue

1. Windows 10 May 1903 Update Issue - Similar Threads - May 1903 Update

2. May 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 1903 Update: My windows update showed the Version 1903 update as available. I did not download it as I've heard of problems. When I looked toady the update option was gone. Can someone explain why it disappeared and how I get it back?...
  3. Windows update to 1903, May Update

Windows update to 1903, May Update: Error code 0xC1900101-0x3001A, installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during BEGIN_FIRST_BOOT operation, while updating on Lenovo Ideapad 330, i5 8300H, Nvidia GTX. The update used to be visible in the settings page but is not visible anymore, only visible...
  4. Unable to update Windows 10 to May 1903

Unable to update Windows 10 to May 1903: Unable to update Windows 10 to May 1903 version as am told that intel RST is incompatible. Have updated RST to 15.9.6.1044 as recommended. The 1903 update still fails with the same issue. Have run Windows 10 update Troubleshoot as suggested by Microsoft. Updates done. Makes...
  5. Unable to update Windows 10 to May 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to update Windows 10 to May 1903: PLEASE IGNORE / PLEASE DETLETE if possible - this question ended up in the wrong section - Have submitted it again in the correct section. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-update-windows-10-to-may-1903/9ae2323e-fd43-4d01-85c6-4d82ad0ae565"
  6. Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) Issue

Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) Issue: Hey guys! I just have a short question to ask. I have not yet updated to 1903. I check for my updates and get the "Service for 1803 is about to end. Update to 1903." I click download and install now. It goes up to 100, then asks me to insert a drive. I do that and it...
  7. Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue

Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue: I am trying an In place upgrade from the windows 10 1803 version to the latest May update (1903) using the ISO file After the successful installation of the update, On the machine boot up it came up with the Dual boot screen, Both Os was windows 10, One of the them was my...
  8. Windows 10 update 1903 may 10

in Cortana
    Windows 10 update 1903 may 10: I really hate it, i cannot talk to Cortana without keyboard, i need a mic to talk to her, also many settings changed, also when i press on the cortana button, i have this [ATTACH] black bar not doing anything and i can't search any thing, REMOVE THIS UPDATE BACK THE OLD...
  9. Window 10, Version 1903 May Update

Window 10, Version 1903 May Update: I have tried several times which takes most of a day and night to run the Windows Update. I attempted to download the Version 1903 Update four times already, and it keeps stopping at 90% with error code 0x80240034. What can be done to fix this?...
  10. Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903: This table offers a summary of current active issues and those issues that have been resolved in the last 30 days. Summary Originating update Status Last updated Display brightness may not respond to adjustments Microsoft and Intel have identified a driver compatibility...