Windows 10: Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue

Discus and support Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying an In place upgrade from the windows 10 1803 version to the latest May update (1903) using the ISO file After the successful installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KaarthikElango, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue

I am trying an In place upgrade from the windows 10 1803 version to the latest May update (1903) using the ISO file

After the successful installation of the update, On the machine boot up it came up with the Dual boot screen, Both Os was windows 10,

One of the them was my regular machine and while i tried to enter into the newly created partition, it loads for some time and gets rebooted again and ends up again in the dual boot screen

Is there any known issues with the May update or what is happening here? could someone please help me regarding this.

FYKI,

I have downloaded the ISO file using the media creation tool

I am using the following switches with the setup.exe

switch.exe /auto upgrade /DynamicUpdate disable /MigrateDrivers all /ShowOOBE none /quiet /compat IgnoreWarning /BitLocker TryKeepActive

Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue bced3307-92ad-4e10-8916-4ad0218cbb36?upload=true.jpg

:)

KaarthikElango, Jun 14, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 14, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue

1. Windows 10 May update(1903) Dual Boot up issue - Similar Threads - May update 1903

2. May 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 1903 Update: My windows update showed the Version 1903 update as available. I did not download it as I've heard of problems. When I looked toady the update option was gone. Can someone explain why it disappeared and how I get it back?...
  3. Issue in booting with Dual Boot in windows 10

Issue in booting with Dual Boot in windows 10: Hello. I had dual booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 18.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, where Ubuntu was stored. But, now...
  4. Dual Boot Computer Not Working After Windows May Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual Boot Computer Not Working After Windows May Update: My dual boot (Win 10 and Linux) computer stopped working during the Windows Update to the May update. Apparently, GRUB stopped working and now Windows won't boot at all. I can still boot into Linux. The hard drive appears to have all of the files, but it must have a bad...
  5. Windows update to 1903, May Update

Windows update to 1903, May Update: Error code 0xC1900101-0x3001A, installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during BEGIN_FIRST_BOOT operation, while updating on Lenovo Ideapad 330, i5 8300H, Nvidia GTX. The update used to be visible in the settings page but is not visible anymore, only visible...
  6. Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) Issue

Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) Issue: Hey guys! I just have a short question to ask. I have not yet updated to 1903. I check for my updates and get the "Service for 1803 is about to end. Update to 1903." I click download and install now. It goes up to 100, then asks me to insert a drive. I do that and it...
  7. Windows 10 May 1903 Update Issue

Windows 10 May 1903 Update Issue: I have a DELL Vostro 4581. It is up to date with the latest drivers and software and is currently on windows 1809. However, I am unable to find the windows 1903 update on windows update yet. Should I wait a bit longer or is there a problem with my laptop? Any assistance...
  8. Windows 10 update 1903 may 10

in Cortana
    Windows 10 update 1903 may 10: I really hate it, i cannot talk to Cortana without keyboard, i need a mic to talk to her, also many settings changed, also when i press on the cortana button, i have this [ATTACH] black bar not doing anything and i can't search any thing, REMOVE THIS UPDATE BACK THE OLD...
  9. Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903: This table offers a summary of current active issues and those issues that have been resolved in the last 30 days. Summary Originating update Status Last updated Display brightness may not respond to adjustments Microsoft and Intel have identified a driver compatibility...
  10. Caution dual booting windows 7 & 10 may cause issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Caution dual booting windows 7 & 10 may cause issue: Caution dual booting windows 7 & 10 may cause issues. Doesn't matter if it is retail or oem. Windows 10 does some weird things when using it. So, it makes windows 7 do a consistency check on the drive. It could also be Macrium image not restoring windows 7 correctly. What...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 dual boot with two windows 10

2. ubuntu dual boot windows 10 1903

3. windows 10 dual boot 1903

4. windows update 1903 ubuntu dualboot,
  5. install 1903 windows update on dual boot,
  6. windows 10 update 1903 boot issues,
  7. win 10 1903 double boot issue,
  8. ubuntu windows update 1903 dual boot,
  9. PC wont boot after Windows 10 version 1903Windows Server version 1903