Windows 10: Windows 10 media creator for pro?

Discus and support Windows 10 media creator for pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does anybody know where I can get the media creator that gives me the option to select home or pro? It just shows windows 10 and downloads home. PC was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by radzer0, Dec 29, 2015.

1. radzer0 Win User

Windows 10 media creator for pro?

Does anybody know where I can get the media creator that gives me the option to select home or pro? It just shows windows 10 and downloads home. PC was upgraded via windows update but im now selling the machine and pulling my ssd out and putting the old drive back in that is blank.

I figured it would detect on its own once it finished loading but it didnt. Stuck on home and didnt auto activate.

Any help would be great *Smile

:)

radzer0, Dec 29, 2015
  2. HP-Margaretha-Sorin, Dec 29, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    lacrumb, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 29, 2015
  5. radzer0 Win User
    It didnt ask home or pro after skipping so I dont know there. I did find an older version of media creator that asks if you want home or pro. Going to try that and hopefully it works.

radzer0, Dec 29, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just so you know, you will be installing the old version of Windows 10 - build 10240. The new version is build 10586 and does contain both home and pro and if it (build 10586) does not find a preexisting product key on the system will ask you which version to install. If it does find a preexisting product key on the system (in bios), then it will automatically install the version the product key is for.

NavyLCDR, Dec 30, 2015
  7. radzer0 Win User
    Even with the media creator that said it was creating windows 10 pro disk. It ended up installing home and didnt activate. So I guess im stuck doing a quick 7 pro load than upgrading again.

What a pain in the ass.

radzer0, Jan 1, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

There is a much easier way, but unfortunately it requires the updated build 10586 to do and it sounds like you insisted on downloading and installing build 10240.

With build 10586, you could do an in place upgrade to Pro by just changing the product key to the generic Windows 10 Pro key on the activation screen. In less than 10 minutes you would have Windows 10 pro. Then change to product key to the Windows 7 Pro product key to activate it.

NavyLCDR, Jan 1, 2016
  9. radzer0 Win User
    Microsoft removed that update from the media creator. It downloaded it fresh Thursday. Unless they ended up putting it back where you have to download a special program.

radzer0, Jan 1, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    With the current Media Creation Tool you get Windows 10 Home and Pro combined, build 10586. It's been that way for several weeks now and hasn't changed.

NavyLCDR, Jan 1, 2016
  11. radzer0 Win User
    I'll have to install the disk I made the other day and see what build it puts in. It may be the new build the only issue is its not asking which version to install.

radzer0, Jan 1, 2016
  12. cereberus Win User
    That was only for a few days in mid November.

cereberus, Jan 1, 2016
  13. radzer0 Win User

It was a 7Pro to 10 upgrade right when it came out.

radzer0, Jan 1, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    Insert the disk with your current Windows 10 running. Open an elevated command prompt ("run as administrator" command prompt). Type the command:

dism.exe /get-wiminfo /wimfile:g:\sources\install.wim /index:1

The part in red is the path to the install.wim file or install.esd file on the Windows 10 USB/DVD. If it's install.esd, then you would type install.esd instead of install.wim. The sources folder might be inside an x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit) folder if you have a dual 32/64 bit USB/DVD.

Note: if you have install.esd, the get-wiminfo and wimfile part still stay exactly the same - only the actuall install.wim filename changes to install.esd:

dism.exe /get-wiminfo /wimfile:g:\x64\sources\install.esd /index:1

That will tell you build number and Pro or Home (Core). Also run the command a second time and this time using /index:2. Index 1 is probably Home (core) and Index 2 is probably Pro. If that is the case, then you can install either Home or Pro from that USB/DVD.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 media creator for pro? - Similar Threads - media creator pro

2. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  3. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  4. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows media creator to

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media creator to: I downloaded the Windows media creator tool tto a formated external hard drive from my working computer. I ran setup. I went into DOS on mcomputer and change it yo buut from usb. I turned it off and plugged in the external hard drive. And then turned the nonworking computer...
  6. Windows 10 Media Creator

Windows 10 Media Creator: On or about July 9th 2019 Windows did an update to my laptop, that is where my problems started! I created a "system restore point" before the update had gone through the "restart" in anticipation of a problem, well not to disappoint Windows 10 came through again! The...
  7. Media Creator Question

Media Creator Question: I haven't used MC in a long time now and I have been wondering. Will it download the ISO with the latest build? (1709 or 1803 is fine). Because I don't really want to wait for my laptop to update for a whole day because I'd be really wasting my time. 110492
  8. Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?: Which version do I suppose to get? Right now it's like this: [img] Is it already the good version? Or do I have to wait a day longer (impatient me haha!) And how do I know it's updating to the last version. Oops, so many questions at once, sorry you guys! *Redface...
  9. W10 pro ISO media creator tool

W10 pro ISO media creator tool: I am trying to keep a USB with latest build of W10 pro handy . I only have a much earlier build of w10 pro . I always like to have one in case I need to do a clean install on my laptop which was updated from win 7 pro to win 10 pro . However when I use the Microsoft site...
  10. Windows Creator Pro Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Creator Pro Edition: I am a little confused about the Creators Edition I have a machine that is running Windows 10 Pro if I install the Creators Edition does it select a Creators Edition Pro or is there such a thing? 83329