Windows 10: Windows 10 menu item highlighting

Discus and support Windows 10 menu item highlighting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to have menu items highlight with the mouse on my desktop computer and it has stopped working. I have a laptop where it does work. How do I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kempec, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Kempec Win User

Windows 10 menu item highlighting

I used to have menu items highlight with the mouse on my desktop computer and it has stopped
    working. I have a laptop where it does work. How do I get the highlighting back? It works under
    individual program menus but not with Windows items menus. I have looked with search engines
    and have not been able to find an answer. Anyone have the solution? Thanks. I hope.

:)

Kempec, Nov 10, 2019
  2. dhoshaw Win User

No Fan Control menu item in ATITool 0.26

.27b3 problems with 8800GT 256MB

I tried the .27b3 and encountered some problems.
    • Default profile comes up 0.00 / 0.00
    • App hard locks
    • Still no fan menu
    In the setup menu the following items appear:
    • Overclocking
    • Artifact scanning
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Gamma control
    • Startup
    • 3D-detection
    • Driver tweeks
    • Miscellaneous
    I'm running XP SP2 running NVIDIA 169.21 drivers.

The device details are displayed correctly now.

Regards,

dhoshaw, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Windows 10 menu item highlighting

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 menu item highlighting

1. Windows 10 menu item highlighting - Similar Threads - menu item highlighting

2. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  3. [Windows 10] Highlighted items in Outlook and explorer don't change color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10] Highlighted items in Outlook and explorer don't change color.: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.2251. I recently changed my display configuration from 3 monitors down to two larger monitors, a Viewsonic, and an older Dell. When I opened Outlook this morning, I discovered that I could no longer select emails, or rather I could...
  4. [Windows 10] Highlighted items in Outlook and explorer don't change color.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Windows 10] Highlighted items in Outlook and explorer don't change color.: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.2251. I recently changed my display configuration from 3 monitors down to two larger monitors, a Viewsonic, and an older Dell. When I opened Outlook this morning, I discovered that I could no longer select emails, or rather I could...
  5. [Windows 10] Highlighted items in Outlook and explorer don't change color.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Highlighted items in Windows start

Highlighted items in Windows start: Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can solve it ?Certain apps/software are highlight in white compared to the others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighted-items-in-windows-start/82c505a0-65fc-4bce-a138-41129d7ad86a
  7. start menu highlighted apps

start menu highlighted apps: This is driving me crazy XO, why are some of them highlighted????[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-highlighted-apps/61e8b2e6-4f5c-4814-a9ff-4452cc87c0d1
  8. Text/Highlight Menu Colour

Text/Highlight Menu Colour: Hi, First off can I say many thanks to the Guys here who helped me getting back into Windows 10. I am now running Windows 10 1903 and one very small change I have noticed is that when I do a right click on a menu the text highlight is a white/cream colour (Image below) which...
  9. Rename start menu item Windows 10

Rename start menu item Windows 10: I have installed different versions of an application but they all appear as "ABC application". How can I can name each one uniquely ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-start-menu-item-windows-10/db44fa34-1d71-4466-b7b9-94644bb88dc5
  10. Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors

Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors: When I open File Explorer in Windows 10, using the dark theme, I want the colors of highlighted items to be different. Previous versions of Windows allowed much more granular customization of environmental items. Those options seem to be gone. When I click on an item in a...