Windows 10: Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account

Discus and support Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've created a dummy email account for outlook but little did I know the microsoft email links to the Windows 10.Now I cannot reset my password + I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by winexe, Apr 3, 2017.

1. winexe Win User

Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account

I've created a dummy email account for outlook but little did I know the microsoft email links to the Windows 10.Now I cannot reset my password + I don't know the password and I'm locket out of Windows 10. I've installed Windows 7 and I can access the win10 files.Is there a way I can fix this?
    Thanks in advance

:)

winexe, Apr 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 Local Account

And we get a tutorial that shows us how to create a dang account instead of how to get our . Like we are stupid! Ugh!

local account, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Local Account

I am logged into my Microsoft account and I want to log into the current I have used for years. When I followed instructions, it wants me to create a new instead of just adding the current one. How do I add the current one that
    has all of my settings already established on my computer?

Thanks.

Staci

local account, Apr 3, 2017
  4. Pyprohly Win User

Hi Winexe,

If you don’t know the password you assigned to it, that Microsoft Account will forever hold your local account locked.

Luckily, your dual boot setup can save you here. You might not be able to login to your account again but you can recover your files and settings easily enough by activating the builtin Administrator account on the Windows 10 portion and using that account to access your files and delete the secured Microsoft Account.

• Boot into Windows 7.
    • Locate and delete “\Windows\System32\sethc.exe” on the Windows 10 file system.
    • Make a copy of “\Windows\System32\cmd.exe“ (on the Windows 10 file system) and rename it to “sethc.exe”.
    • Boot into Windows 10.
    • On the user logon screen, press the shift key 5 times in succession. A Command Prompt should open on the logon screen.
    • Enter net user Administrator /active into this Command Prompt.
    • Reboot and at the login screen the Administrator account will become available.
    You can now use this Administrator account to recover your files under “C:\Users”.

Pyprohly, Apr 3, 2017
  5. The thing about MS account you can change the password on any device it's not tied to a specific device. Typically to change a PW you will be given options to have a code texted to your phone or email. You don't even have to be in Windows to change your Windows password. When you create a MS account it and the password are stored on MS servers.

orlbuckeye, Apr 3, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 3, 2017
  7. winexe Win User
    @Brink i've tried with metod 2 but the only user there is my windows 7 account
    @Pyprohly i've tried to delete the file but it won't let me even with ownership and full control to it.When i try to delete it i get the following
    Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account [​IMG]

winexe, Apr 4, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

winexe,

If you wanted to reset the password for your Microsoft account, you would need to use option 3 instead.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account replaced

2. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account: My elderly uncle has WIN10 and was using a Microsoft Account to log in. He has long forgotten the password and I've been through the password recovery process 3 times and failed every one.I've been supporting him over the phone as I'm in another state.I want to create a new...
  3. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account: My elderly uncle has WIN10 and was using a Microsoft Account to log in. He has long forgotten the password and I've been through the password recovery process 3 times and failed every one.I've been supporting him over the phone as I'm in another state.I want to create a new...
  4. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Local account and Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Local account and Microsoft account: Hi, I recently switched my windows 10 computer from the Microsoft account to a local account. Since I have no use for the "Microsoft account", that is the Microsoft account online to which my windows 10 is connected, can I delete the Microsoft account? I don't use any...
  6. Local Account / Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Account / Microsoft Account: I have a desktop & a laptop and on both the devices I have logged in with my Microsoft account, but unlike my desktop when I login to my laptop, it makes me sign with a password not a pin which I had setup myself in Settings>Sign-in options>Password. To remove this I simply...
  7. Local account to microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Local account to microsoft account?: So my microsft account is linked with a activated windows theres no problem with that. I built a pc and before installing windows with a local account i have some question. I know you can log in with your microsoft account after seting it up with a local account but will the...
  8. Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with replacement of Microsoft account with local account: When I installed windows, I used a local account but recently had to login to get a application from the Microsoft Store. After I logged in, I noticed that my account had bound to it and went into my settings to find the option where I could login with a local account...
  9. Microsoft account or local account ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  10. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BOOT TO microsoft account instead of local account

2. windows 10 replaced local user account

3. microsoft account replaced my local windows 10