Windows 10: Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos

Discus and support Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have had this happen on two machines. I have read nearly hundreds of blog posts and forums with many suggestions but nothing seems to work. I have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by John Pool ECV, May 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos

I have had this happen on two machines. I have read nearly hundreds of blog posts and forums with many suggestions but nothing seems to work.

I have done the Re-Register of Microsoft Apps (ALL of them)

SFC /Scannow

Uninstall and reinstall

System Restore

Change registry entries

Powershell commands

If there is a website about this issue I have read it.

One thing that did help was changing permissions and ownership of some folders in Program Files.

I have webroot and about 50 other computers running it. This is the second computer this week with the issue.

Microsoft simple fixes like restore defaults and things like this are already done and attempted. I need a real Microsoft person to actually make a solution to this issue as it seems to be a ongoing un-resolved issue.

PLEASE!

Also now my Microsoft App store opens then immediately quits too.

:)

John Pool ECV, May 15, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening

May I suggest an alternative : Restore Windows Photo Viewer
    How to Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

davidhk, May 15, 2019
  3. Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos

Windows 10 photo viewer not opening some photos

I took 201 pictures in JPEG format. I transferred them from a portable hard drive to my laptop computer. When I tried to view them using Windows phot viewer 16 of the pictures did not open and I got a message that they were in an un supported format or
    that I didn't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer. I tried your suggestions and got the same results - not able to view - unsupported format etc.

Today I found the solution - I opened the photos on my portable hard- drive and also in the Photo Viewer window - side by side - I dragged the photos from my hard-drive over to the open Photo Viewer window. Now all the pictures open. Apparently, during the
    transfer, some of the information for those 16 pictures was lost.

curiosenior, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos

1. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos Viewer

2. Windows 10 Pro > Cannot find Microsoft Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro > Cannot find Microsoft Photo Viewer: Hello All,I will appreciate your support in the following issue: When opening a picture using Microsoft Photo Viewer, this error was displayed: "Windows cannot find 'path of the pic'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again"I have performed reset on the...
  3. Windows 10 Pro > Cannot find Microsoft Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro > Cannot find Microsoft Photo Viewer: Hello All,I will appreciate your support in the following issue: When opening a picture using Microsoft Photo Viewer, this error was displayed: "Windows cannot find 'path of the pic'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again"I have performed reset on the...
  4. Microsoft Photos Viewer cannot Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Viewer cannot Print: My OS is Win10 Enterprise with 21H1, when I started Microsoft Photos Viewer and try to print from there, by clicking the Print Icon, the print job always stuck in the print queue and I have to remove the print files from C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS, in order to remove...
  5. Microsoft Photos Viewer cannot Print

Microsoft Photos Viewer cannot Print: My OS is Win10 Enterprise with 21H1, when I started Microsoft Photos Viewer and try to print from there, by clicking the Print Icon, the print job always stuck in the print queue and I have to remove the print files from C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS, in order to remove...
  6. Windows 10 Photo Viewer crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer crashes: I receive photos of the field teams at work sites and I have used the built-in photo viewer to view them. I did it routinely for months on this project. Now, suddenly, when I open the photo and try to select File Information, the display program hangs and then hangs....
  7. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777
  8. Windows 10 Photo Viewer Crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer Crashes: I receive photos from field crews on jobsites and have routinely used the built-in Photo Viewer to view them. I often right click on the photo and choose File Info to see the metadata on the jpg file. Did this routinely for months on this project. Now, suddenly when I open...
  9. Cannot view photos in photo app

Cannot view photos in photo app: I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open! [img] How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick Just to...
  10. Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.: Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. [img] [img] [img] [img] Regards. bala. 12326