Windows 10: Windows 10 modern apps not working...

Discus and support Windows 10 modern apps not working... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I had a problem this morning regarding the modern apps icons, they were all blank whichever app I ran. Then I tried to fix them following this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AIV, Jan 31, 2016.

1. AIV
    AIV Win User

Windows 10 modern apps not working...

So, I had a problem this morning regarding the modern apps icons, they were all blank whichever app I ran. Then I tried to fix them following this article: BEST FIX: Windows 10 Store Icon Missing - Appuals.com
    But, it just made things worse and now I can't even open Windows Apps, I can't even run sfc /scannow, it fails the verification phase. When I search for, for example, "calculator" in search bar, it finds the app, but it's called: @{Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1601.49... etc When I run it, nothing happens.
    What can I do?

:)

2. Windows 10 Modern apps not working

Clearly nobody at Microsoft has the first idea what's going on or how to fix it. So much for their Modern apps.

MikeGrant65, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Windows 10 Modern apps not working

Since all of the apps are experiencing the same issue, we suggest running
    Windows apps troubleshooter
    to fix the Windows store.

If the issue persists, you can follow the steps on this article about repairing programs on Windows

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 31, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Jan 31, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    If system restore does not fix the issue, create another user account with exactly the same privileges as this one.
    Logon to the new account and see if you have the same issues.

davidhk, Jan 31, 2016
  6. AIV
    AIV Win User
    Unfortunately, there were no restore points available, when I created a new User Account, the issue was even worse, so I deleted it. Now, I want to reset the PC, I'm creating a bootable media. Should I take care of something before I reset my PC other than data?

7. Steve C Win User
    Some people have found a repair install can solve this problem. Have you tried running the Apps Troubleshooter first. I've never found it to work but you may be luckier.

Steve C, Jan 31, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Other than backing up personal files you want to keep, nothing I can think of.
    It appears there are too much mess created. Your settings might be questionable.
    So go ahead and run the Reset option. That way, you start fresh........ almost.

davidhk, Jan 31, 2016
  9. AIV
    AIV Win User
    Guys, I did the reset option, but the problem is not fixed, which is totally unbelievable. I deleted all my files, programs and settings with this reset, basically a fresh PC, but now, when I open store or one of the apps (Photos, Calculator, etc), they just close immediately, like their window just flashes and closes. I tried running sfc /scannow, and it finishes, but reports some errors were not repaired, I ran chkdsk, no errors, I ran dism commands, they report error "0x800f081f cannot find source files". What can I do? I'm using a local account, not a Microsoft account to sign in to my PC.

10. davidhk Win User
    RE : I ran dism commands, they report error "0x800f081f cannot find source files". What can I do?

What Win10 version do you have ?
    Is it version 10240 or 10586 ?
    You can find that out by type winver into the search box > press Enter.

If you have 10586, please follow this method.....................
    You need the Install.wim which can be obtained by downloading the ISO from Tech Bench.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount >
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Feb 1, 2016
  11. AIV
    AIV Win User
    I have the version 10586 and followed your exact procedure, but the apps don't work again. I will do a fresh install of Windows this time, not the Reset option and see what happens.

Edit: I forgot to mention that DISM command worked successfully this time and sfc /scannnow got to 100% and succeeded in repairing errors, but the apps still don't work.

12. AIV
    AIV Win User
    After fresh installation of Windows, everything works fine now.

13. davidhk Win User

Wonderful.
    Happy computing.
    Please mark this thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 modern apps not working... - Similar Threads - modern apps working

2. Modern apps and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern apps and start menu not working.: Hello, the modern apps like settings, paint 3d, feedback hub and the start menu are not working.Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-apps-and-start-menu-not-working/706a45dd-b6d3-40e7-9925-ff5c71be2877
  3. Modern apps and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern apps and start menu not working.: Hello, the modern apps like settings, paint 3d, feedback hub and the start menu are not working.Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-apps-and-start-menu-not-working/706a45dd-b6d3-40e7-9925-ff5c71be2877
  4. Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps

in Windows 10 News
    Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps: Windows 10 is a vastly more open platform than its competitors and you can do almost whatever you want within reason. There are a variety of free, paid and open-source apps that can modernize your Windows experience. To customize Windows 10, you can install themes from the...
  5. Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running: So, I am using Windows 10 Version 1909. When I try to open Modern Windows Apps like the Settings, Microsoft Store, or The Xbox app which are based on the Windows Universal Platform, I get an error from explorer.exe and the message says "class not registered." I need to know...
  6. Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear

Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear: Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear Seems that Applocker is causing the issue. Microsoft Store is blocked by design by Applocker. Can't turn it off via GPO. This affecting standard users only and there are no issues if the user is an administrator....
  7. Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working: Hi, I am a member of the Windows 10 insider program and have joined the slow ring. I have install build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528. now a number of my 'modern ui' apps are not working including Settings Feedback Hub Get Help Deezer Films & TV The application...
  8. Modern-apps APIs programs don't work...Windows 10 help

Modern-apps APIs programs don't work...Windows 10 help: I had this problem yesturday. When I try to open UWP apps or UWP-based APIS additions(like Volume control, WIFI controller, battery checker, action control, Start menu...etc) it doesn't open But this problem is not limited to this only, I can't even run Admin CMD/Admin...
  9. None of my Windows Ten Modern Apps Work.

None of my Windows Ten Modern Apps Work.: Hi, none of my Windows Ten Apps will open, including the windows ten store, xbox, groove music, mail, photos, minecraft windows ten edition, calendar, you get the idea. I'm running version 1511, (OS Build 10586.318). I can't remember when it started, but it's a pain. I've...
  10. Modern Windows apps broken.

Modern Windows apps broken.: It all started when I tried to use the calculator. I pressed the calculator key on my keyboard but the calculator app didn't open. It just flashed on the screen. I tried again but no luck. I googled and found this. I re-registered the apps and reboot my computer. Calculator...