Windows 10: Windows 10 Monitor Turns A Solid Color

Discus and support Windows 10 Monitor Turns A Solid Color in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am using a Windows 10 Professional 64 bit machine with a NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 2560MB graphics card driving a LaCie graphics monitor and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by artmanphoto, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Monitor Turns A Solid Color

I am using a Windows 10 Professional 64 bit machine with a NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 2560MB graphics card driving a LaCie graphics monitor and a Dell monitor.

I had my computer shop who I highly trust format the C drive and reinstall Windows due to virus and other issues. I did not experience the trouble explained below before Windows was reinstalled.

The day after I picked the machine up from the shop while using the computer both monitors turned to a solid color. The only way to recover was to power down the machine and restart the machine. The machine booted up fine to the desktop. A few hours later the same thing happened again only the monitors turned to a different solid color. These are not the blue screen of death as there is no message on the monitor when it changes to a solid color. This has happened about 6 times since I picked up the computer from the repair shop on September 3rd.

I thought it might be an old video driver that the new Windows install used. I called NVIDIA support and had them email me a link for the latest driver (391.35 - WHQL, released 3-27-2018) which was older than the driver that the new Windows install used. I installed the new driver yesterday and the screen changed to a solid color twice today when I was using the machine - very frustrating as the only way to recover is to power the machine down which is not a good way to shut a machine down.

I have removed the monitor cables twice to check for bad or bent pins and everything looks good.

As I mentioned earlier this problem did not start until the day after the new Windows 10 was reinstalled.

Before I take the machine back to the repair shop I am hoping someone on the forum has some ideas as to why this is happening.

Thanks for your help - Bill

:)

artmanphoto, Sep 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 desktop background settings frozen on Solid Colors

Hi,

My Win10 desktop > Personalize > Backround setting does not allow changing to Picture or SlideShow. When I select either one, it reverts to "Solid color" option, and only allows me to select a solid color. I have checked ease of access and the desktop restrictions
    there are not applied, I have also renamed the Transcoded wallpaper file in appdata/roaming/microsoft/windows/themes to _old which was suggested as a solution in one post. Have restarted laptop but no effect. I suspect I have hit a key while my laptop was
    docked since I faintly remember the desktop turning black.

What could have changed so that only solid colors are allowed as desktop background theme?

And yes, it's a business laptop with official windows license.

Thanks for any help.

Outi Kalska, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Monitor Turns A Solid Color

My monitor turns black and white

When I boot up my two-month-old Windows 10, the monitor displays lovely color. As soon as I enter my password and hit enter, the monitor turns black and white. Suggestions?

JohnWeidler, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Monitor Turns A Solid Color

1. Windows 10 Monitor Turns A Solid Color - Similar Threads - Monitor Turns Solid

2. Screen flashing solid solid colors when I turn on all in one computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashing solid solid colors when I turn on all in one computer: As soon as I turn my computer on, after the initial logo screen, the screen starts flashing color after color and it takes up the whole screen. It's a Gateway all in one desktop with a wireless keyboard and mouse. It's never done this until yesterday. It will let me sign in...
  3. Screen flashing solid solid colors when I turn on all in one computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flashing solid solid colors when I turn on all in one computer: As soon as I turn my computer on, after the initial logo screen, the screen starts flashing color after color and it takes up the whole screen. It's a Gateway all in one desktop with a wireless keyboard and mouse. It's never done this until yesterday. It will let me sign in...
  4. Windows 10 colors after turn OFF and ON monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 colors after turn OFF and ON monitor: Why does monitor having worse colors and brightness after OFF and ON. I explain, when i turn on PC everything is fine, but when i turn monitor OFF and then ON monitor having worse colors. I have two PC, and two monitors, both of them have different GPUs, one PC has RTX 4070...
  5. solid color background

in Windows 10 Customization
    solid color background: Hello there , I've read somewhere that using solid color background in win7 would cause 30 sec delay in the boot up. what about windows 10 ? what is the best desktop background regarding performance in win10 ? thanks ....
  6. Laptop screen turns solid color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen turns solid color: I’ve been having this problem for over at least like 6 months but almost everytime I try to run a game like Valorant my screen will turn a solid color like brown and I have to manually shut it down. I’ve done almost everything I was recommended before so im starting to think...
  7. Screen turns solid color and freezes

Screen turns solid color and freezes: If I try to play any game on my laptop my drivers will just fail. I’ve tried legit everything and nothing has worked for me and my screen still turns to a color and crashes. Im guessing its a hardware problem but im just asking arround first before I get it checked submitted...
  8. Screen turns solid color and freezes

Screen turns solid color and freezes: So Ive been having this problem for at least a month now. Everytime I try to load up games like Minecraft or some other stuff. My screen turns to a solid color like green or brown and my laptop freezes and I have to reset. Ive tried uninstalling my drivers and reinstalling,...
  9. Screen turns a solid color, audio stops.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns a solid color, audio stops.: Whenever I'm doing anything on my PC, gaming or anything, sometimes the screen will turn the most common color seen at the time for example, if I'm on my desktop it would turn beige and I stop hearing everything, but my PC is still running....
  10. Second monitor turning solid purple

Second monitor turning solid purple: I have a Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop, with a vizio TV as a second monitor. Randomly, the TV will turn a soild pink/purple color, but goes back to normal if I unplug/plug back in the HDMI cable. I have never seen it actually happen, only when I get out of my room for a...