Windows 10: Windows 10 new Reset feature ?

Discus and support Windows 10 new Reset feature ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; new error message I don't have it in front of me to check, but that looks a lot like the error I was getting. I still think it needs a new ADK - I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Anshad Edavana, Jul 5, 2015.

1. DavidY Win User

Windows 10 new Reset feature ?

I don't have it in front of me to check, but that looks a lot like the error I was getting.

I still think it needs a new ADK - I guess/hope it will appear with the RTM.

DavidY, Jul 8, 2015
  2. Kyhi Win User

I figured the RC in the ADK was Release Candidate

I don't think so, now

3. My computer came preinstalled with windows 8. When the Windows 10 release comes out on July 29, do you think I will be able to in the future do a reset without going back to windows 8. I currently have Windows 10 Insider preview Build 10166.

Chris152302, Jul 8, 2015
  4. DavidY Win User

I think that's what it's supposed to mean. But version 10075 was some way off being ready in my view.

I can only hope that OEMs have been given a better version; otherwise they may have forced to do everything "the old way" for machines on sale from 29 July, and all the talk of a new Reset approach will be irrelevant as they won't have been able to use it.

DavidY, Jul 8, 2015
  5. DavidY Win User
    You should be able to (assuming not too much changes between now and the main release), although you may need to do some work yourself beforehand to make sure you have an image which Reset can use.

Have a look at these tutorials:
    Reset Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

DavidY, Jul 8, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    Yes Chris,
    windows 10 creates it's own reset image from it's data store

7. MS seems to updated MSDN pages about "Refresh" and "Reset" feature.

How push-button reset features work - Windows 10 hardware dev

The page has some interesting info about the inner working of "Reset" operation ;

Anshad Edavana, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 new Reset feature ? - Similar Threads - Reset feature

2. Some Windows 11 features looking like windows 10 after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows 11 features looking like windows 10 after reset: Hello, I recently factory reset my laptop using a bootable drive. After the reset, I noticed that some features were looking like in Windows 10. For example, when changing the volume with your keyboard, the volume bar appears Image Uploaded link because unable to upload the...
  3. Some Windows 11 features looking like windows 10 after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Windows 11 features looking like windows 10 after reset: Hello, I recently factory reset my laptop using a bootable drive. After the reset, I noticed that some features were looking like in Windows 10. For example, when changing the volume with your keyboard, the volume bar appears Image Uploaded link because unable to upload the...
  4. Windows 10 admin account locked. Reset password gives message "This feature requires...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 admin account locked. Reset password gives message "This feature requires...: Hi, I am using Windows 10. I could not access my admin account and reset password gives this message "This feature requires removable media, such as USB flash drive ". I have been using this machine for months and did not change its password. I don't know how come I have this...
  5. Windows 10 admin account locked. Reset password gives message "This feature requires...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 admin account locked. Reset password gives message "This feature requires...: Hi, I am using Windows 10. I could not access my admin account and reset password gives this message "This feature requires removable media, such as USB flash drive ". I have been using this machine for months and did not change its password. I don't know how come I have this...
  6. Windows 10 admin account locked. Reset password gives message "This feature requires...

7. Registry resets itself so Windows Feature Update Not Installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry resets itself so Windows Feature Update Not Installing: HelloI use a PowerShell script to install the latest Windows 10 and 11 Feature Update. As a part of this, it sets various registry keys such as the TargetReleaseVersionInfo to be 22H2. It works a treat as it doesn't reboot and we have a separate script that will do the...
  8. Registry resets itself so Windows Feature Update Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry resets itself so Windows Feature Update Not Installing: HelloI use a PowerShell script to install the latest Windows 10 and 11 Feature Update. As a part of this, it sets various registry keys such as the TargetReleaseVersionInfo to be 22H2. It works a treat as it doesn't reboot and we have a separate script that will do the...
  9. Registry resets itself so Windows Feature Update Not Installing

10. Can't get out of safe mode no reset features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get out of safe mode no reset features.: My computer is stuck in safe mode, no matter what I turn off. It doesn't allow me to use my pin as it says "setup my pin" while I already have one also a store notification pops up asking me to search for app in the store. I can't reset my pc because there is only 2 options....