Windows 10: Windows 10 Night Light changes brightness when hovering over text.

Discus and support Windows 10 Night Light changes brightness when hovering over text. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When Windows 10 Night Light is enabled, the screen will increase in brightness when: 1) The mouse is hovering over text, OR 2) The mouse is on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArmanM, Mar 5, 2019.

1. ArmanM Win User

Windows 10 Night Light changes brightness when hovering over text.

When Windows 10 Night Light is enabled, the screen will increase in brightness when: 1) The mouse is hovering over text, OR 2) The mouse is on my secondary monitor. This issue is very annoying because it hurts my eyes when using my PC in the dark. This issue even exists when I use an alternative blue light reduction program such as F.Lux

:)

ArmanM, Mar 5, 2019

2. brightness and night light

Hello Akinkunmi123,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

To fix brightness issue, refer these suggestions:

1. Run Power troubleshooter from Settings app > Update & security > Troubleshoot.

2. Open Device Manager (run devmgmt.msc command), try uninstalling your display adapter and then click Action > Scan for hardware changes.

3. Update your display driver to latest version.

To fix issue with Night light, refer this article:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-night-light-not-w...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Mar 5, 2019
  3. Night Light Settings

Separately from the Night Light, is the brightness options also disabled? If so, I might recommend these steps to make it work again:

1) Right-click Start button, choose Device Manager

2) Find the "monitors" section in the list and expand it

3) Right-click and uninstall every item listed under the monitors section

….. note: don't accidentally go to the "display adapter section", leave that one untouched.

4) Click the "scan for hardware" button on the toolbar up top (the icon with the magnifying glass inside it)

5) Try brightness and night light settings again

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Night Light changes brightness when hovering over text.

No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Night Light changes brightness when hovering over text.

1. Windows 10 Night Light changes brightness when hovering over text. - Similar Threads - Night Light changes

2. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  3. Night light and brightness not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light and brightness not working: Hi I'm Aanchal pandey and I have a lenovo laptop with windows 11 installed, my display doesn't seem to be functioning properly. The brightness and night light are not changing everything else seems to be working so far, can I get a suggestion on how to fix this issue. Regards...
  4. Night light and brightness not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light and brightness not working: Hi I'm Aanchal pandey and I have a lenovo laptop with windows 11 installed, my display doesn't seem to be functioning properly. The brightness and night light are not changing everything else seems to be working so far, can I get a suggestion on how to fix this issue. Regards...
  5. Night light and brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light and brightness: At what level should I keep both? submitted by /u/AyeILY [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxl9n5/night_light_and_brightness/
  6. Change desktop icons when hovering over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change desktop icons when hovering over: I have changed the options to make it so that when I click and drag, the selection box is red but now I want to make it so that when I hover over icons their background appears red instead of the light blue/gray. Is it possible to change the background color from the image...
  7. Can't adjust brightness or use night light on windows 10

Can't adjust brightness or use night light on windows 10: Hi, I can't adjust the brightness on windows 10 although I was able to previously. I've tried fixing it by, updating intel drivers; updating monitor drivers; trying to add the brightness icon to the action centre although the icon doesn't appear; using windows PowerShell...
  8. Broken brightness setting and Night Light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken brightness setting and Night Light: Hello, Since scheduling night light I'm unable to change screen brightness setting. Night light strength adjustment also not working even in night light schedule "off" time. Turning off the schedule switch altogether solves night mode strength lock but global screen...
  9. brightness and night light

brightness and night light: I have been trying to reduce my brightness since I upgraded to windows 10 and its not working and also my night light option is no[ATTACH]t working . cant use it, its just blur. not active...
  10. Unable to change screen brightness and night light shift

Unable to change screen brightness and night light shift: I don't know how long now but I am unable to change my screen brightness and night shift settings. I updated to the new software a while back and only recently noticed that my battery has been dying sooner than it should have. Today I reset my laptop and it had no effect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display changes brightness when hovering over lighter colors