Windows 10: Windows 10 Night Light Issue (Won't turn off)

Discus and support Windows 10 Night Light Issue (Won't turn off) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi to All, Been having this annoying issue with the Windows 10 (1903) night light. Ever since I've enabled and use night light before, the setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by edps, Aug 2, 2019.

1. edps Win User

Windows 10 Night Light Issue (Won't turn off)

Hi to All,

Been having this annoying issue with the Windows 10 (1903) night light. Ever since I've enabled and use night light before, the setting does not turn off anymore even if I set it!

When I hit the Night light switch to off via settings panel, the toggle will always revert to the enabled state when I return to check. Night light also turns on automatically and cannot be disabled when I return from hibernate. The only solution is a reboot which defeats the purpose of hibernating.

Can anyone shed some help? *cry Here is a GIF of the settings panel.

Windows 10 Night Light Issue (Won't turn off) [​IMG]

Thanks! *Thumbs

:)

edps, Aug 2, 2019

2. the night light it doesn t turn on

i have problem with the night light it doesn t turn on what am i doing to??

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

GEORGIOSMASOURAS69, Aug 2, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Aug 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Night Light Issue (Won't turn off)

No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Night Light Issue (Won't turn off)

1. Windows 10 Night Light Issue (Won't turn off) - Similar Threads - Night Light Issue

2. Night Light won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light won't turn off: My Night Light setting is turned off, no schedule no nothing. I have updated drivers, restarted the computer, re-installed drivers, deleted Night Light files but nothing helps. If I go to my display settings my night light will turn off and the screen will look normal, but...
  3. Night Light won't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light won't turn off: My Night Light setting is turned off, no schedule no nothing. I have updated drivers, restarted the computer, re-installed drivers, deleted Night Light files but nothing helps. If I go to my display settings my night light will turn off and the screen will look normal, but...
  4. Night Light Won't Turn Off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light Won't Turn Off?: I just bought a new Surface Pro 7. About a second after I turn my screen on it takes an orange/peachy hue. I have Night Light in settings turned completely off, not even set to schedule. I have removed these two things in this link from regedit and restarted....
  5. Night light won't turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night light won't turn off: Just finished updating my windows 10 to version 1999 and I can't turn off night light off as it's turns on every time i turn on my computer. It's is turned off on settings....
  6. Night light won't turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light won't turn off: I use a Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IWL I have fresh installed windows, I have tried to turn off the setting, I've tried restarting my laptop, I've signed out and back in, but nothing seems to kill this annoyance of a feature. It is still here. Please help....
  7. Night Light won't turn off

Night Light won't turn off: I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language Ver 1909. I turned on Night Light mode on once, and since then i can never disable it. The on/off switch on Night Light doesn't do anything. After restarting my laptop turned back to normal but after 15-20mins it automatically back to...
  8. Night light won't turn off

Night light won't turn off: So after the 1903 update, I have been having issues with the night light. It has been set to a schedule, which kinda helps, but once it activates I can't turn it off. A simple restart use to work until a couple of weeks ago, now that doesn't even work. Turning it off in...
  9. Windows 10 Night Light won't turn off

Windows 10 Night Light won't turn off: Hi, I have Windows 10 1903. Every driver is updated. I can't turn off my Night Light. I had it turned on on schedule but now i don't want to use it anymore. When i start my laptop it changes to night light even when i have night light turned off. Signing out and in helps...
  10. Windows 10 Night Light Issue (Won't turn off)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Night Light Issue (Won't turn off): Hi to All, Been having this annoying issue with the Windows 10 (1903) night light. Ever since I've enabled and use night light before, the setting does not turn off anymore even if I set it! When I hit the Night light switch to off via settings panel, the toggle will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 night light wont turn off

2. windows 10 night light cannot turn off

3. night light wont turn off

4. windows 1903 night mode wont turn off