Windows 10: Windows 10 Night Light just turned itself on for no reason

Discus and support Windows 10 Night Light just turned itself on for no reason in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all: This is more of a solution rather than asking a question. I just turned on my PC today and the monitor brightness was dull and whites... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by grakky99, Nov 17, 2018.

1. grakky99 Win User

Windows 10 Night Light just turned itself on for no reason

Hello all:

This is more of a solution rather than asking a question.

I just turned on my PC today and the monitor brightness was dull and whites were dimmed right down to yellowy.

No amount of monitor settings changed it and I checked Power settings and Auto Dimming was OFF.

I then went I went to Start/Settings/System/Display --> at the very top is a Color/Night light setting which was OFF, right below that was Night light settings. In there was another Night light settings and a button that said Turn off now and POOF the whites came back to where they were just yesterday! Just to make sure some other weirdness didn't happen later I moved the Color temperature at night slider all the way to the right and now the night light settings does not affect the monitor whites.

I don't get it, if the master switch said off why was there another sub-setting that actually controlled the night light?

Weird ………..

:)

grakky99, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Nick Dich Win User

Night Light

Hi,

We recently have been receiving posts regarding Night Light after the Windows 10 Creators Update. To help you troubleshoot the issue regarding Night Light settings that are grayed out, we suggest to try to apply the steps provided by SurenderKhokhar
    on this thread:
    Cant use Night Light In Window 10

Kindly keep us posted for any feedback.

Nick Dich, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Night Light just turned itself on for no reason - Similar Threads - Night Light turned

2. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  3. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  4. Night light turns on for no reason.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light turns on for no reason.: Basically this. It turns on every time i start up my laptop and i turn it off by opening up display settings and that's it. I dont need to turn it on and off again, and this keeps it off until i turn off my laptop. It turns on when i open some games and again i open up...
  5. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity. MOBO: Asus X570-F latest BIOS, tried older versions VGA: nVidia RTX2070 latest driver, tried older versions OS: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, fully updated....
  6. Night light turn on for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light turn on for no reason: hi, i have an issue with the night light. It turn on itself for no reason after few minutes from boot and i have to disabled by myself. By the settings is disabled, even the auto turn on. Someone haved the same problem? I can resolve without a reset? Sorry for bad english...
  7. Night Light will not turn on

Night Light will not turn on: Hi, I have my night light settings set to turn on at sunset and turn off at sunrise but it never turns on. Even if I choose the option 'turn on now' it makes no change, it simply will not turn on. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Windows 10 Night Light not automatically turning on

Windows 10 Night Light not automatically turning on: Hey there, I've been using the Night Light feature on Windows 10 for a while now, but recently I have noticed that half of the time it doesn't seem to turn on automatically, even though the current time is later than the scheduled sunset time, and the schedule is turned on....
  9. Night light wont turn on

Night light wont turn on: [ATTACH] The night light function doesn't seem to be working on my laptop (i have an Acer swift 3), I don't know how to turn it on? It was working at one point though but it is showing what is shown in the image above...
  10. Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10 Your display emits blue lightthe kind of light you see during the daywhich can keep you up at night. To help you get to sleep, turn on night light and your display will...