Windows 10: Windows 10 Night Light not automatically turning on

Discus and support Windows 10 Night Light not automatically turning on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there, I've been using the Night Light feature on Windows 10 for a while now, but recently I have noticed that half of the time it doesn't seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LewisHay, Oct 20, 2018.

1. LewisHay Win User

Windows 10 Night Light not automatically turning on

Hey there,

I've been using the Night Light feature on Windows 10 for a while now, but recently I have noticed that half of the time it doesn't seem to turn on automatically, even though the current time is later than the scheduled sunset time, and the schedule is turned on.

At the moment I am having to manually enable it when I notice it has not kicked in, but as you can imagine that's a pretty rubbish solution. I am considering using f.lux instead to dim light levels but I would prefer to avoid downloading/installing an extra application.

Can anyone help me with this? I've attached a screenshot below which should demonstrate the issue clearly as you can see my system time and the Night Light settings which contradict its behaviour.

Windows 10 Night Light not automatically turning on b4de5e4f-9a14-4ba3-982a-e4adf813e548?upload=true.png

:)

LewisHay, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Night Light not automatically turning on

Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

Hi Wayne Walton,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing Night Light issue. One possible caused could be due to an outdated graphics driver. You can refer to the steps below on how to troubleshoot Night Light issue is Windows 10:

Method 1: Update the graphics card driver.

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the graphics card driver and then select Update Driver Software.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the graphics card driver.

• On the run command box, type devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the graphics card driver and then select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The Display Adapter Driver will automatically reinstall after the Restart.

Method 3: Reset Night Light settings manually.

This steps will require you to modify some settings in Registry. This is an advanced troubleshooting so I suggest that you create a
    System Restore point so you can go back to this state in case that you will encounter any issues along the process. To create a system restore point, refer to this
    article.

Once you're done creating a system restore point, you may then proceed to modify the registry settings. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• On the run command box, type regedit and then hit
      Enter
    • Navigate to this path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount
    • Inside the “DefaultAccount” (folder) key, right-click and delete the following folders:

$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate

$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Night Light not automatically turning on

1. Windows 10 Night Light not automatically turning on - Similar Threads - Night Light automatically

2. Night light turns on automatically after logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light turns on automatically after logging in: I have tried everything from deleting the two registry keys to reinstalling the display drivers; nothing worked. It turns on by default just after I log in to my user account. The night light effect is on even after the button is turned off in the settings.Windows version:...
  3. Night light does not turn on automatically at sunset (Windows 10 1909)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light does not turn on automatically at sunset (Windows 10 1909): I have Night Light set from Sunset - Sunrise but it does not turn on automatically. I've synced my date and time and it still doesn't work. Any ideas why night light won't turn on properly? I have a 4k TV hooked up as a second monitor but I don't know if that's causing the...
  4. Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

in Windows 10 Support
    Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning: I have a Inspiron 5521 running the may19 update. Win10 is update to date in all aspects. when I open it up in the morning, the Night Light schedule seems to be ignored, and I have to manually turn it off every morning. I suspect it has something to do with coming out of...
  5. Night light not turning on automatically after Windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Night light not turning on automatically after Windows 10 1903 update: Windows 10 1903 update has ruined the night light feature. The feature promptly shows that its on at sundown but there is no change in the screen display colors. Turning it on and off also has no effect. Restarting the laptop fixes this issue but it repeats itself the next...
  6. Night Light will not turn on

Night Light will not turn on: Hi, I have my night light settings set to turn on at sunset and turn off at sunrise but it never turns on. Even if I choose the option 'turn on now' it makes no change, it simply will not turn on. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Night light never turns on.

Night light never turns on.: I tried to turn on night light on my windows 10 manually. But it doesn't turn on. I have the latest Windows 10 version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-never-turns-on/1f1ca8ea-ad27-4d79-928c-34ca9808bb2d
  8. Night light wont turn on

Night light wont turn on: [ATTACH] The night light function doesn't seem to be working on my laptop (i have an Acer swift 3), I don't know how to turn it on? It was working at one point though but it is showing what is shown in the image above...
  9. Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning: The title says it all, really. I have a Surface Pro that when I open it up in the morning, the Night Light schedule seems to be ignored, and I have to manually turn it off every morning. I suspect it has something to do with coming out of Sleep, but I'd love some guidance....
  10. Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10 Your display emits blue lightthe kind of light you see during the daywhich can keep you up at night. To help you get to sleep, turn on night light and your display will...