Windows 10: Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair.

Discus and support Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been facing this issue since past 3 days. Yesterday somehow after resetting my Bios to default I could login in but the screen was freezing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sourabh Yadav, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair.

I have been facing this issue since past 3 days. Yesterday somehow after resetting my Bios to default I could login in but the screen was freezing. I faced this issue of disk space. (See attached image). Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair. [​IMG]

After sometime it froze. I had to force shutdown using power key. Since then it's not booting. I tried entering safe mode but it doesn't go beyond automatic repair window during startup. The screen is just black, frozen like this. (See image)

Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair. [​IMG]

Please help me get into the safe mode so that I can restore windows to previous version or help me with the disk 100% issue shown above.

Or any other solution would help!

:)

Sourabh Yadav, Sep 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Cannot enter safe mode

Thanks for all the help so far Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair. :)

essenbe:

I've checked the tutorial and followed this instruction:

7. To Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode with Networking

A) Type the command below into the command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 9 below.

Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair. [​IMG]
    bcdedit /set {identifier} safeboot network

The command was successful but after restarting, windows goes immediately to repair mode.

I don't have a windows 10 usb/dvd. However I don't think it's gonna do much since normal repair doesn't work either?

dalchina:

I've tried to delete the WindowsApps folder but to no avail. It's only possible to delete the folder when in safe mode (because in normal mode the folder is in use)

I'll try using the Kyhi's bootable flash drive as you suggested Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair. :)

iDamn:

I've tried this several times. It's takes a while and when finished Windows will tell me that 'there was a problem with resetting Windows'.

Every time I start my PC, Windows automatically prepares for automatic startup repair but without success

raymond1984, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair.

Windows 10 - Automatic Repair - boots in 2nd cycle

Hello. This is similiar topic on our forum but now i will explain more brighter.
    So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

litwicki24, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair.

1. Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair. - Similar Threads - booting entering safe

2. Stuck in safe mode, Windows won't boot, not able to get into Automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in safe mode, Windows won't boot, not able to get into Automatic repair: I have been experiencing several bugs on my PC for 2 weeks now, apparently this was due to a corrupted user. I wanted to transfer the files to a new user and I had to go into safe mode to do so. Via msconfig I went into safe mode, I restart my pc and every time after my...
  3. Stuck in safe mode, Windows won't boot, not able to get into Automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in safe mode, Windows won't boot, not able to get into Automatic repair: I have been experiencing several bugs on my PC for 2 weeks now, apparently this was due to a corrupted user. I wanted to transfer the files to a new user and I had to go into safe mode to do so. Via msconfig I went into safe mode, I restart my pc and every time after my...
  4. Stuck in safe mode, Windows won't boot, not able to get into Automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuck in safe mode, Windows won't boot, not able to get into Automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Stuck in safe mode, Windows won't boot, not able to get into Automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 safe mode works but normal mode boot loop automatic repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 safe mode works but normal mode boot loop automatic repair: I'm sure you are busy so I'll try to make it as short as possible. Thanks in advance for reading. Windows system: Virtualbox VM, migrated into KVM. This vm boots just fine in virtualbox. Issue: Preparing automatic repair boot loop during boot in kvm. Attempted remedies: 1....
  8. Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...: As mentioned in the title, I'm in absolute shit show. The pc ran well hours ago and now suddenly I'm in this situation. I did install any softwares whatsover and did not recall doing any windows update. Please, if anyone knows what may have been the cause and how to fix it...
  9. Can not access automatic repair/safe mode/advanced boot options on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not access automatic repair/safe mode/advanced boot options on Windows 10: My Acer PC has stopped working today, with error ‘default boot device missing or boot failed’ showing. I have attempted to activate automatic repair, access safe mode, and access advanced boot options, but the commands that Google tells me (alt+F10 for auto repair, F8 for...
  10. Win10 failed to enter safe mode when preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 failed to enter safe mode when preparing automatic repair: [ATTACH] well basiclly I turned off my laptop cause it says there's some upgrades need to restart, and when I shut the laptop down I couldn't restart it. I tried to restart it over and over again but apperantly, it's been stucking on this looping page forever, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not entering save mode