Windows 10: Windows 10 notifications (Group policy)

Discus and support Windows 10 notifications (Group policy) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 home. On windows 8.1 i get a notification balloon. Now i want to get the notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andytjuh, Aug 3, 2015.

1. andytjuh Win User

Windows 10 notifications (Group policy)

Hello,

I just upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 home.

On windows 8.1 i get a notification balloon.
    Now i want to get the notification balloon back in windows 10 home
    I can't open the group policy because windows 10 says it doesnt recognize the program.

How can i put the notification balloon on again ?

:)

andytjuh, Aug 3, 2015

2. Windows Defender Security Center -- Disable Alerts?

You need to have Windows 10 pro or know how to enable the Group Policy editor to turn on
    Enhanced notifications.

WesleyGunder, Aug 3, 2015
  3. [Solution Found]"Some settings are managed by your organization" when trying to change notification settings.

Type "Edit Group Policy" into search and open the Local Group Policy Editor.

Navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Notifications > Disable "Turn off toast notifications" and you're done! Windows 10 notifications (Group policy) :)

Envino Tena, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Andy, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, the group policy is not included. Group policy is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows 10.

The tutorial below can help show you how to turn on notifications if that is what you meant. It's turned on by default though.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 notifications (Group policy) - Similar Threads - notifications Group policy

2. Group Policy Settings Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Settings Windows 10: How does one reset all group plicies to default settings in windows 10. I have no executable named "gpedit". Thanks Peeps..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy-settings-windows-10/d99877a9-7349-49ec-91a5-aaf9edac8be4
  3. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Group Policy: A user accidentally moved a group of domain computers out of the tree. In the mean time users started logging in. During this time the Group Policy was being pushed, but no users received it. Once the computers group was placed back in the tree and gpupdate enforced, all...
  4. Windows Update notifications & Action Center no longer (Group Policy)?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update notifications & Action Center no longer (Group Policy)?: Hi all! For the spring update (1803) I had edited the group policy for Configure Automatic Updates to "2. Notify for Download and Auto install" with Group Policy Edit path Local > Computer > Admin Templates > Windows Components > Configure Automatic Updates (Enabled) After...
  5. Windows Defender Group Policies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Group Policies: I am running Windows 10 (AU) 1607, and under the Windows Defender Group Policy setting I had set the Send File Samples when Further Analysis is Required to be SEND SAFE SAMPLES. What is the difference between Send Safe Samples and Send All Samples? Thanks in advance...
  6. Workgroup group policies.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroup group policies.: hello gents and ladies, I am setting up a little work group at home between my laptop and desktop. and for the most part i have gotten it down pat. I know ultimatey I would need Active Directory. But what I want to know is if there is a way to set any group permission...
  7. Group policy :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy :/: Thanks to @topgundcp Update W-10 manually Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap I have found to get rid of the silly lock screen at startup *Party Did think I got rid of some of the annoying web search from the search but seems the new...
  8. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965
  9. Enable Group Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Group Policy in Windows 10: Have just read the the 'Local Group Policy Editor' is not included in Windows 10 home edition. 1. If true how to get it ? 2. What is it used for ? 62122
  10. Group Policy Failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy Failure: Upon starting up I have a box showing for a second or two with msg.: "Windows failed to connect to the Group Policy Service..." Start up then continues. What might cause this and is it serious? Thanks. 42760