Windows 10: Windows 10 password recovery USB

Discus and support Windows 10 password recovery USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I am new to this site, This is my first post. My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. After the computer did the 1903 update for windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrl, Feb 5, 2020.

1. MRL
    mrl Win User

Windows 10 password recovery USB

Hi
    I am new to this site, This is my first post. My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.
    After the computer did the 1903 update for windows (actually I had no choice, I have updates set to auto) I started having trouble signing in.
    I want to make a password recovery USB
    I used Control Panel to bring up User Accounts
    I click on User Accounts and click on User Account again in the next screen
    I thought there was supposed to be a heading on the left side of the new screen that says " Make a password recovery disk"
    It's not there.
    Where else should I look?

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1903 version OS build 18362.592
    Just in case it makes a difference Microsoft Office 365
    mike

:)

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

Not even that. What creating a recovery drive does (if you select 'include system files') is to construct the files required to clean install Windows. If this is made on an OEM install these file will include the OEM custom apps and drivers - effectively a 'factory reset' drive. It is extracting an install image from your existing system files that takes the time.

The steps in making a recovery drive are shown in this tutorial...

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 | Tutorials

• first you choose whether or not to include system files (step 5 in tutorial)
    • next the recovery drive files are constructed (this can take a long time if you include system files)
    • only after that is complete will you be asked which usb to use (step 6 in tutorial). At this point you will be told how large a usb you need.

Without system files 512 Mb is sufficient. Including system files it will be just over 4GB.

At which step did you get the error? If you were not asked which usb to use then it was the construction of the system files that failed, nothing to do with what usb you had.

Bree, Feb 5, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 recovery options ?.

When the password is wrong and the pin number is wrong is there a way recover the data or even the OS ?.

The extra added issue to this is that the systems running UEFI so no inputs working on boot, so how do you get in to the recovery options.

Could it be as simple as plugging in a USB drive with windows 10 on it and hoping it boots up off it ?. It's the only option not tried as yet as the owner of the system as just got out of hospital wanted to try passwords and pins which seemed to fail every time even though he\she is pretty sure are right.

I am thinking that's the way to go is there any other ways to gain access other than taking the drive out of the system. Data on the system is important too.

AsRock, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 password recovery USB - Similar Threads - password recovery USB

2. Windows 10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Recovery USB: Right this is a long one, so here goes.Yesterday I was using my PC Windows 10 and it suddenly came up with the blue screen and error message page fault in non paged area. This went round in circles a few times and eventually I got into Windows Recovery, but I couldn’t do...
  3. Windows 10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Recovery USB: Right this is a long one, so here goes.Yesterday I was using my PC Windows 10 and it suddenly came up with the blue screen and error message page fault in non paged area. This went round in circles a few times and eventually I got into Windows Recovery, but I couldn’t do...
  4. Recovery USB windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery USB windows 10: Where do i get windows 10 software for usb recovery? Surface crashed, won't log in or connect to WiFi. I have code for bitlocker. Hope to erase surface and factory reset. Is this possible?...
  5. Windows 10 password recovery USB

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 password recovery USB: Hi I am new to this site, This is my first post. My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. After the computer did the 1903 update for windows (actually I had no choice, I have updates set to auto) I started having trouble signing in. I want to make a password...
  6. Windows 10 password recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 password recovery: I think that my computer was hacked. I turn it on, the time, date and background appear. Left click and the next page appears requesting a password that i do not have. I can not get any further into the program. How can i get a password that will provide me access my...
  7. password recovery windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    password recovery windows 10: i have forgotten my windows password and have reset it using windows live account. unfortunately my laptop does not recognise the new password. is it possible to bypass the password with windows boot disc...
  8. windows 10 password recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 password recovery: Haven't used my laptop in a few years. I cannot remember the password. Tried dozens of different ones without luck. I copied a password recovery on a memory stick when the laptop was new. Now I tried to use it and it says: "an error occurred while the wizard attempted to...
  9. Password recovery Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password recovery Windows 10: I have a Dell computer with Windows10 that I do not have the password. How do I get in without resetting the OS? This is my mother in laws and she is getting senile. I had it reset before for no password needed to log on and then there was an update and now it wants a...
  10. Windows 10 recovery usb

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 recovery usb: Would a Windows 10 Pro recovery usb also work on Windows 10 Home edition....? 68983