Windows 10: Windows 10 PCs on a Peer to Peer all go to Public network

Discus and support Windows 10 PCs on a Peer to Peer all go to Public network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I've had a peer-to-peer network at this site for a couple of years now. In November, we upgraded everyone to Win 10 - 1909. In December, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Keith Steinmetz, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 PCs on a Peer to Peer all go to Public network

Hi All,

I've had a peer-to-peer network at this site for a couple of years now. In November, we upgraded everyone to Win 10 - 1909. In December, I replaced the router and everything worked. Suddenly, all the PC are now showing that they are on a Public network and they can't get into the shares on a PC setup for this. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this or at least what happened?

Please ask questions!

:)

Keith Steinmetz, Jan 23, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Peer to Peer Connection in home network.

Make sure to allow the golf program in Windows firewall settings.

Add or Remove Allowed Apps through Windows Firewall in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Also look at the help pages for the golf game and see which ports it needs opened. Is your network connection listed as Private? That probably needs to be checked as well:

Windows 10 PCs on a Peer to Peer all go to Public network [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jan 23, 2020
  3. DavidD22 Win User
    Windows 10 Peer to Peer Network

• No changes were made, it is a brand new machine.
    • None - asked the question here.
    • AS I stated above, I keep getting the error The user name or password is incorrect

Is there any tutorials on how to set up a peer to peer network via a CAT5 cable so that I might see where I went awry?

DavidD22, Jan 23, 2020
  4. DavidD22 Win User

Windows 10 PCs on a Peer to Peer all go to Public network

Windows 10 Peer to Peer Network

I have a new Windows 10 computer and am having troubles connection to my peer to peer network. I have changed the workgroup name but keep getting the error The user name or password is incorrect.

Is there anything else I must do, permissions etc?

Is the user name and password the new PC or the one I'm trying to log on to?

DavidD22, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PCs on a Peer to Peer all go to Public network

1. Windows 10 PCs on a Peer to Peer all go to Public network - Similar Threads - PCs Peer Peer

2. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peer to Peer Network issue: I have added a Windows 10 computer to a network where the other two computers are currently legacy Win 7 machines. Having done all of the normal things put machine in same workgroup, enabled network discovery, disabled IPv6, shared the C drive I am now at the situation where...
  3. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Peer to Peer Network issue: I have added a Windows 10 computer to a network where the other two computers are currently legacy Win 7 machines. Having done all of the normal things put machine in same workgroup, enabled network discovery, disabled IPv6, shared the C drive I am now at the situation where...
  4. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. peer to peer network with windows 10 pro as the acting holding all data

peer to peer network with windows 10 pro as the acting holding all data: peer to peer network with windows 10 pro as the acting holding all data. on 3 computers that we used the upgrade tool to go from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro the 3 pc's can see the main computer but cannot access the information on it...
  6. Peer to peer network application sharing

Peer to peer network application sharing: Is it possible with a peer to peer network to share an application that allows more than one user. The operating system is windows 10may upgrade to windows10 pro, application is a network version of past perfect, a museum software. Thanks...
  7. Peer-to-peer networking in Windows 10

Peer-to-peer networking in Windows 10: When is it expected to be possible, if ever? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/peer-to-peer-networking-in-windows-10/d477916b-2235-437c-aa37-b4e1b5f256fe
  8. Peer to Peer Connection in home network.

Peer to Peer Connection in home network.: Hi Everyone !, I have a Golf Game, (Jack Nicklaus 6) and I want to play accross my network which consists of a desktop connected to the modem by hard wire and a laptop connected to the modem by WiFi. To connect in the game I need the IP address of the computer hosting the...
  9. Peer to peer problems

Peer to peer problems: 4 computers 3 laptops (T61, P50, Dell) Win10 Pro 1 desktop Win7 I followed Brink's tutorial 'Change Workgroup in Windows 10'. One of the computer's (desktop) still belonged to the previous workgroup--MSHOME. I created a new workgroup on all 4--GREENGROUP....
  10. Windows 10 Peer to Peer Network

Windows 10 Peer to Peer Network: I am working on a friends network, there are 4 computers on the network, 3 running Windows 10 and one running Windows 7. The main computer (Office) has a HomeGroup setup on it, and the other computers have been joined to that homegroup. "Office" also has a folder shared out,...