Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello World! Recently my Windows 10 Photo App began to act somewhat odd. It will no longer download photos/videos using an MTP Connection on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IronicFrog8224, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos

Hello World!

Recently my Windows 10 Photo App began to act somewhat odd. It will no longer download photos/videos using an MTP Connection on my Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Phone running Android 6.0.1. It will only download photos, no videos, using a PTP Connection. Even then it will give a "Something went wrong. Do you want to try again?" fault code. Not every time, mostly if I am trying to download more than 50 photos. I can remove the SD Card from the phone and place it in a slot to get the photos/videos moved but I hate the routine of Power Off/Remove Protective Case/Remove Back Cover/Insert Mini Card into SD Card Holder and then reverse it to get the phone back up.

As per advise I found earlier on this site I checked my USB Cord (no visible damage), Used a different USB cord (not a "cheapie" but an ANKER), Used a different USB Slot, Downloaded a Real Camera in the USB Slot w/o any issues, Rebooted the Computer, Did a Hard Shutdown and left it off 5 minutes, Closed Photos & went to Settings and Terminated its processes, Rebooted, Performed a Reset of the App in Settings. None of these steps have provided a solution. So I was going to uninstall Photos and do a clean install but the Uninstall Button in App Settings is "Ghosted" and does not respond to vigorous mouse clicks delivered in frustration.

Short of taking a sledge hammer to the computer tower does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Thanks In Advance for any assistance!

Mike

:)

IronicFrog8224, Jul 29, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 29, 2019
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos

Photos App won't recognize my Windows Phone

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that the Photos app is not recognizing the Windows phone even though you can import the photos from the Windows phone through File explorer.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did you tried to connect the Windows Phone to the other USB port and check to isolate the issue?

• Is this the first time you are facing this issue with the Photos app after installing Windows 10?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps to fix the issue.

Step 1:

As you are able to import the photos from your phone through the File explorer, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Make a folder called "testslide" (or whatever in File explorer)

• Put 3 or 4 images which you have imported from the Windows phone to File explorer into the
      testslide folder.

• Open Photos app, click on
      Setting
      (gear symbol) at the left bottom corner).

• Choose Add a folder under the Sources.

• Find this "testslide" folder and add the respective folder.

• Now check whether the Photos app is showing the photos from the selected folder.
    Note: Try to turn off the option
    Show my cloud only content from One Drive in the Photos app settings menu and check to isolate the issue.

If the issue persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to run the Windows apps troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run the troubleshooter.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Reference: I suggest you to refer to the section If your PC can’t find your device in the below article and check if it helps.

Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-8/import-photos-videos#troubleshooting

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos

1. Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos - Similar Threads - Photo App Doesn't

2. Videos on Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  3. Videos on Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos on Photos app: I like to go through my photos and videos all at once using the photo app. I was able to just click to the next video just fine before and without changing any settings it all of a sudden started muting each video. So, when I click to the next video or from a photo back to...
  4. photo app doesn't have video editor on it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photo app doesn't have video editor on it: photo app doesn't have video editor on it. I have a desktop version 2004 window home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-doesnt-have-video-editor-on-it/807c6fe2-bb8e-4861-a161-fe3d87edb6a0
  5. Cropping mp4 videos in the Windows 10 Photo app doesn't work

Cropping mp4 videos in the Windows 10 Photo app doesn't work: When I try to crop a video using the Photo's app, the app crashes after 20-30mins into the save function. I can trim videos that are only 5mins long but as soon as I try anything 60-90 mins in length the app just crashes during the saving. the best solution is to transfer...
  6. Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App: Want to use Photo Apps to trim videos. When I go to the .mp4 video file; right click; and select Open With .... Photos; the file won't open . I get a System Error -2147163901. Same result when I try to open a .jpg. When I double click on the .jpg file it opens up in...
  7. Windows 10 Photos App Video Export Just Doesn't Work

Windows 10 Photos App Video Export Just Doesn't Work: <p>I was trying to simply merge two MP4 videos. Size of the videos is 20 MB &amp; 2 MB So Small Videos</p><p>As soon as i try to create an export of the videos by clicking on Finish Video and then Selecting any Video Quality &amp; Checking or Un-Checking Hardware Accellerated...
  8. windows 10 app photo - video doesn't start

windows 10 app photo - video doesn't start: ciao, the app photo worked perfectly yesterday, but today when I press the video button on the app to start a video capture, the video immediately stops the button turns red for a fraction of a second and a length zero video file is created. There are no messages or errors in...
  9. Windows 10 Photo App - Trying to Download Photos and Videos from iphone 10

Windows 10 Photo App - Trying to Download Photos and Videos from iphone 10: Hello, I'm trying to add all my photos and videos from my iPhone 10 to my new Dell PC with Windows 10. When I plug in the phone, the pop up window says "looking for new photos and videos" and it tells me how many it's found so far. The problem is, nothing else is happening...
  10. photo app not downloading photos

photo app not downloading photos: Hi. My photo app for Windows 10 has stopped downloading photos from my iphone ios version 13.2. The app will scan my phone and locate the photos. It displays the total number of photos, but then freezes. It does not display the photos or tell me which ones have not been...