Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo App Still Enhances Preview on RAW Files

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo App Still Enhances Preview on RAW Files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have read where the Auto Enhance feature was disabled on the Windows 10 Photos App, and it appears to be the case when viewing most file types, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamAutry1, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Photo App Still Enhances Preview on RAW Files

I have read where the Auto Enhance feature was disabled on the Windows 10 Photos App, and it appears to be the case when viewing most file types, but the Auto Enhance feature appears to still be enabled when viewing RAW files - like Nikon .nef files. It would be extremely helpful to be able to preview RAW files using this otherwise fine app without the Auto Enhance feature changing the exposure and contrast of the image preview. Photographers intentionally under expose portions of an image to ensure that the detail is not lost to over-exposure of the camera's image sensor. It would be most beneficial to remove the Auto Enhance feature from RAW files as well as the other file types that have already been addressed.

:)

WilliamAutry1, Jan 28, 2020
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows 10 Photo App Still Enhances Preview on RAW Files [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Disable auto enhance in Photos app

Hi,

I'm having some problems with the Photos app as it automatically enhances my RAW photos, which is kind of ridiculous without actually giving me the option to disable it or not. I've searched online and people suggest to simply disable ''Automatically enhance
    your photos'' in the settings under Viewing and editing, but I do not have that option, as you can see in the screenshot I've attached below. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Edit: I might all add that once opening the RAW photos in the Photos app and after they are auto enhanced they also appear auto enhanced in other image viewing apps, which is completely ludicrous. Only app that displays the images correctly is QuickLook
    preview.

Windows 10 Photo App Still Enhances Preview on RAW Files c078d6d3-b2b6-4ed7-924f-0fef3237b0ca?upload=true.png

Rolands Zilvinskis, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Photo App Still Enhances Preview on RAW Files

Will Windows 10 support Camera Raw files

Yes, it does, since build 10041 actually:

Enhancements to the Photos app: The updated Live Tile for the Photos app will now include your photos on OneDrive in the recent photo rotation where previously you would only see local photos. We’ve made lots of performance and reliability
    improvements across the entire app. You will see added support for RAW format files, which should be up to date with new major cameras. If you find a RAW file that doesn’t show up correctly in the Photos app

Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/03/18/windows-10-technical-preview-build-10041-now-available/

Andre Da Costa, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo App Still Enhances Preview on RAW Files

1. Windows 10 Photo App Still Enhances Preview on RAW Files - Similar Threads - Photo App Still

2. RAW Photos in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAW Photos in Photos App: Hello,I am a photographer and I shoot into Camera Raw .Cr2 format. Because I shoot massive amounts of photos, I use the photos app to quickly view and select the photos I want to bring into post production. However, the automatic correction has been messing with many of my...
  3. RAW Photos in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAW Photos in Photos App: Hello,I am a photographer and I shoot into Camera Raw .Cr2 format. Because I shoot massive amounts of photos, I use the photos app to quickly view and select the photos I want to bring into post production. However, the automatic correction has been messing with many of my...
  4. Auto-Enhance and Modification of RAW Images in the Photos App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-Enhance and Modification of RAW Images in the Photos App: Hello. I am an amateur photographer and I use the Photos app to quickly preview all the bulk photos I took and most often to select the best photograph of a certain composition to edit it later. However, Photos re-adjusts the images and auto-enhances them, changing...
  5. The 'enhance' button on Windows Photos STILL not working.

The 'enhance' button on Windows Photos STILL not working.: The enhance function on Windows Photos used to be an incredibly useful function until, last year, it ceased to function. It still exists on the screen; it still does absolutely nothing. There are plenty of other threads about this which are also all characterised by a...
  6. "Enhance your photo" in Photos still doesn't work

"Enhance your photo" in Photos still doesn't work: Summary: the Enhance Your Photo feature in Windows 10 isn't working. Effectively I have the same problem as described by the original poster of this thread. I tried the suggestion made by Vijay Verma: I have come to know for the first time that 1709 has also this problem...
  7. "Enhance" filter in Photo app

"Enhance" filter in Photo app: The "enhance" filter in Photo app is not working. I click on it and the photo doesn't change. Even if I move the slide bar from left to right, there is no change whatsoever in the photo. Can you help?...
  8. Auto-Enhancing preview in the Photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-Enhancing preview in the Photos app: Whenever I view my photos individually in the photos app, after about 4 seconds the white balance and exposure is automatically adjusted. The change isn't saved, it's just a preview of what it could look like if I let the app adjust the photo for me with the auto-editing...
  9. RAW Photo files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW Photo files: Just recently upgraded a PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This PC will be used strictly for photo processing mostly using Lightroom and Photoshop. Neither Photos or Windows Photo Viewer will open the RAW files on this particular PC. I have three other PC's that have been...
  10. Enhance..still not enhancing..

Enhance..still not enhancing..: Would love some news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/enhancestill-not-enhancing/ce1a6889-8705-4e1e-8f39-5bc615340811