Windows 10: WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files

Discus and support WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought a new Sony Mirrorless Camera that has .ARW RAW photo files. Windows 10 Photo viewer says "It looks like we don't support this file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveWerwinski, Dec 31, 2018.

1. WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files

I recently bought a new Sony Mirrorless Camera that has .ARW RAW photo files. Windows 10 Photo viewer says "It looks like we don't support this file format" when I try to open them.

The strange thing is before I bought this new camera, I used a different Sony Mirrorless Camera that had the same .ARW photo files and it worked just fine.

More details:

Old camera: Sony a6000 (RAW files opened in photo viewer)

New Camera: Sony A7ii (RAW files won't open in photo viewer)

Thanks!

:)

DaveWerwinski, Dec 31, 2018

2. WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files

I recently bought a new Sony Mirrorless Camera that has .ARW RAW photo files. Windows 10 Photo viewer says "It looks like we don't support this file format" when I try to open them.

The strange thing is before I bought this new camera, I used a different Sony Mirrorless Camera that had the same .ARW photo files and it worked just fine.

More details:

Old camera: Sony a6000 (RAW files opened in photo viewer)

New Camera: Sony A7ii (RAW files won't open in photo viewer)

Thanks!

DaveWerwinski, Jan 10, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

OK I got this fully working.

To view only .jpg files in folder containing jpg and camera raw

1. In File Explorer, navigate to folder containing photos that you wish to view.
    2. In File Explorer, type *.jpg in the search box. You will then see all your jpeg's with the camera raw files absent.
    3. Click on any file in the search results, to start Photo Viewer.

To view only camera raw (.cr2) files in a folder containing jpg and camera raw

1. In File Explorer, navigate to folder containing photos that you wish to view.
    2. In File Explorer, type *.cr2 in the search box. You will then see all your camera raw files with the jpeg files absent.
    3. Click on any file in the search results, to start Photo Viewer.

It really is that simple. No registry edits needed. *chuckle

iko22, Jan 10, 2020
  4. iko22 Win User

WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files

1. WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer RAW

2. CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer-is-distorting-my-raw-cr2/3b43ad0c-da4c-4919-a2c5-f68732123298?page=2The distortion sometimes feels like improves the look of the picture like in this above case, but the rest of the timesalmost all the...
  3. CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer-is-distorting-my-raw-cr2/3b43ad0c-da4c-4919-a2c5-f68732123298?page=2The distortion sometimes feels like improves the look of the picture like in this above case, but the rest of the timesalmost all the...
  4. Viewing RAW Camera Photos in Windows 10 Problematic.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing RAW Camera Photos in Windows 10 Problematic.: I recently was forced from my Windows 7 to a 6gb dedicated gaming PC due to the discontinuation in the release for updates for Windows 7.I moved to Windows 10, but using Camera Raw photos, previewing them has been so problematic.What I have noticed:1. There is no process,...
  5. Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw CR2 photo files

Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw CR2 photo files: Hello, I've seen lots of posts about Windows not being able to view raw or CR2 files, however that is not the problem I'm having. My problem is when I open the raw files, the standard Windows 10 photo viewer is distorting the image. When I first open it, it will look normal...
  6. Raw File in MS Photo

Raw File in MS Photo: How can I update MS Photo to read the raw files from a Canon 5D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raw-file-in-ms-photo/9e8b63d4-1dc1-4917-a17d-91c4950ee15c
  7. Official .CR2 (raw) file viewer?

Official .CR2 (raw) file viewer?: Good day, is there an official microsoft made RAW image file viewer? I'm looking into Mircosoft Photos but I think it does not support RAW files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/official-cr2-raw-file-viewer/a114a40b-ddda-4248-bbe3-2d1369a705e7
  8. Windows 10 viewer no longer opens raw image files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 viewer no longer opens raw image files: this started to happen after the latest big update. there is now no option to open raw picture with windows 10 default picture viewer. it no longer shows the thumbnails and when i try to open them, it wants me to choose a program that can open it besides the default, firstly...
  9. RAW Photo files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW Photo files: Just recently upgraded a PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This PC will be used strictly for photo processing mostly using Lightroom and Photoshop. Neither Photos or Windows Photo Viewer will open the RAW files on this particular PC. I have three other PC's that have been...
  10. How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?: Hi. I have googled the internet but I have not managed to find how to remove raw file support from windows photo viewer. I have restored windows photo viewer like this. Now my problem is that I shoot photos both in jpg and format. This means that I have to watch the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. raw image extension

2. raw image extensión windows 10

3. it looks like we dont support this file format jpg

4. windows raw codec windows 10,
  5. raw image extension download dutch,
  6. looks like we dont support this file,
  7. raw image extension download,
  8. how to uninstall the raw image extention in windows 10,
  9. codec raw windows 10,
  10. it looks like we dont support this file jpg help,
  11. it looks like we dont support file format jpeg,