Windows 10: windows 10 power throttling AMD cpu

Discus and support windows 10 power throttling AMD cpu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is there any way to stop windows 10 throttling down down clocking an AMD A10 cpu on a lenovo ideapad laptop perhaps windows cannot control the fan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GuglielmoFanini, May 3, 2020.

1. windows 10 power throttling AMD cpu

Is there any way to stop windows 10 throttling down down clocking an AMD A10 cpu on a lenovo ideapad laptop

perhaps windows cannot control the fan speed and resorts to passive cooling i.e. down clocking

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power

DWORD 32-bit named PowerThrottlingOff with content 1

doesn't have any effect, I read that with Intel cpus there is a way to avoid it perhaps :

Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework Driver for Windows 10
    is there anything for AMD cpu

:)

GuglielmoFanini, May 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Introducing Power Throttling in Windows 10

Source: Introducing Power Throttling - Windows Experience Blog

See also:

Brink, May 3, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing Power Throttling in Windows 10

Source: Introducing Power Throttling - Windows Experience Blog

See also:

Brink, May 3, 2020
  4. windows 10 power throttling AMD cpu

Windows is power throttling for no reason.

Hi Damon_203,

It is normal to have lower CPU Core Frequency when your computer is idle
    for it is not working as hard as when it is active. This can help your computer save energy since less resources are used during this period. If you do not wish Windows to throttle your CPU when idle, you can either set your
    Power Options to Performance or change the
    minimum processor state
    from the default 5% to your desired setting in
    Advance power settings
    . To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
    2. Type-in powercfg.cpl and press Enter.
    3. From here you choose your desired power plan.
    4. You can change power plan's settings by clicking Change plan settings.
    5. Click on Change advanced power settings.
    6. Look for Processor power management and click on the plus sign (+) to expand the list.
    7. You can set the Minimum and Maximum processor states to
      %.
    8. Click OK.

If you have additional questions, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Gerald Vit, May 3, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 power throttling AMD cpu

1. windows 10 power throttling AMD cpu - Similar Threads - power throttling AMD

2. Enabling Power Throttling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling Power Throttling: Due to having tweaking the regedit my power throttling was deleted. I don't know how to restore it back. Any glues?I have Ideapad gaming 3 16iah7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-power-throttling/a7d94f65-d569-41e5-a2e9-343021990618
  3. cpu throttling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu throttling: when I'm at game or some thing that puts pressure on the CPU my CPU clock comes down and my laptop crashes for a few second as long as I continue that work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-throttling/d549268b-acac-4ac1-9d28-07109fe50d60
  4. cpu throttling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu throttling: when I'm at game or some thing that puts pressure on the CPU my CPU clock comes down and my laptop crashes for a few second as long as I continue that work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-throttling/d549268b-acac-4ac1-9d28-07109fe50d60
  5. CPU throttling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU throttling: I recently purchased a used HP Stream 14-ax010wm and did a clean win10 install. The issue is that the processor only runs at a maximum 30% .48ghz. When I start in safe mode it's functioning how it's supposed to. I've tried setting minimum cpu usage, disabled low power...
  6. Windows 10 CPU “throttles” at 15% randomly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 CPU “throttles” at 15% randomly.: Hello, Every 5-10 minutes my laptop’s CPU maxes out at 15%, and seems to me like throttling even though I have turned off all throttling things and is on high performance mode. After the throttling stops my CPU goes to 100% for a bit then settles to 60% then repeats. No...
  7. Windows is power throttling for no reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is power throttling for no reason.: So I have been using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility recently and it just started power throttling while I am idle. Anyone know why? I usually get a CPU clock speed of 3.8 - 4 GHz but now all I get is 2.20 which is the lowest my i7 processor can go. I have tried restarting...
  8. CPU throttle, even on 'high performance' power plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU throttle, even on 'high performance' power plan: Hello tenforums! I have been having some really annoying performance problems after upgrading my laptop from win8 to win 10. My laptop is a asus ux32vd, with an Intel i7-3517U cpu.(normal core speed: 1.7ghz, turbo: 2.4ghz) CPU-Z is showing ~990mhz constantly, no matter...
  9. Power Throttling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Throttling in Windows 10: So I came across this page: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/power-...ing-windows-10 that talks about which processes use power throttling and when I follow the directions and click select columns I do not see an option to tick Power Throttling. Win 10 Pro. Anyone else who...
  10. Introducing Power Throttling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Power Throttling in Windows 10: You may remember some of our January power experiments we mentioned in Build 15002’s release notes. Power Throttling was one of those experiments, and showed up to 11% savings in CPU power consumption for some of the most strenuous use cases. We’ve been hard at work making...