Windows 10: Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

Discus and support Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had this loop for 4-5 hours now, and I have not found any fix for it. I am using build 10240. I have tried reverting back to windows 7, and that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Plasmawario, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

I have had this loop for 4-5 hours now, and I have not found any fix for it. I am using build 10240. I have tried reverting back to windows 7, and that failed. Tried start-up repair, that failed. Tried system restore and image recovery, those failed too. Even resetting my pc has failed. I have tried cmd commands, and those also failed. I have upgraded to windows 10 via online from Windows 7, and I do not have a disk or another computer to work with. Nothing has even caused this issue. I just booted my pc like any other day and I was sent into this loop. I have a Gigabyte USB 3.0 powered motherboard.

:)

Plasmawario, Oct 23, 2015

2. Stuck in Windows defender offline start-up loop.

Heres my problem. Windows 10 on start-up> Preparing automatic repairs> Window Defender Offline> performs scan> restarts> goes right to
    'Preparing Automatic repairs' and we begin this loop over and over again.

BrianMullen_879, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 is stuck in Automatic Repair loop

Hi Robert,

Automatic Repair loop is a feature designed to help you fix some PC issues in Windows. It might fail to work sometimes and stuck in a startup repair loop in Windows 10.

The two most common cases of the Windows Automatic Repair loop issue are:

1. Windows Automatic Repair stuck on a black screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair" error message.

2. Windows Automatic Repair failed and said, "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

We suggest that you try the solutions provided by community experts on this
    link
    and let us know how it goes.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 23, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

Welcome to Ten Forums. If you still have the Win 7 product key and aren't worried about losing your data here is a link to create Win 7 install media on the sister site Seven Forums. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade . This might not work for you, but maybe you can get back to a stable situation.

JohnC, Oct 24, 2015
  5. Will creating a windows 10 media and repair from there cause any changes to my personal files such as images or word documents?

Plasmawario, Oct 24, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    No, boot from Win 10 media use the repair your computer button and choose keep programs and files. It will keep your personal stuff.

JohnC, Oct 24, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, the first thing to try when in that loop is an absolute cold boot. This is in the hope that (as I've experienced a number of times) your PC will actually be bootable.

Shut down, disconnect power (including removing laptop battery if relevant), hold the power button pressed for 20s or so, reconnect power, try reboot. If still not booting, repeat but just as the PC comes on, remove power (disconnect cord, switch off mains supply). Then reboot.

However, given all the things you've already tried, it may well be too late to hope your PC still has a chance of booting without repair.

To learn: use disk imaging. This can also rescue you. You need
    - e.g. Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper (free)
    - an external disk to back up to eg twice the size of what you're backing up
    - the bootable CD you can create from those
    - disk images you have created and maintain regularly- which also form a full backup from which you can recover files.

This helps to avoid finding technical solutions and gets your PC up and running (hardware problems aside) in a fixed time.

dalchina, Oct 24, 2015
  8. Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

Whenever I click the "repair your computer" it brings be back to the regular troubleshoot boot screen. A couple things have changed, but I'm not sure where the option you stated is located.

9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, try the cold boot I've suggested first- you'll lose nothing by trying it. (Make sure there's no disk in the drive or usb device attached).

Then try what JohnC has said:
    Insert your Windows CD into the CD/DVD-ROM disk drive, watch the CD/DVD-ROM drive light to check your PC is booting from it.

dalchina, Oct 24, 2015
  10. JohnC Win User
    From a cold start enter your BIOS before POST(the beep you hear at startup). You do that by hitting the F2 or delete key at startup (I'm not sure what key is needed for gigybite but it should tell you on the first screen when you start the computer). change the boot order to the drive your media is in. save changes and it will restart the sequence. this time you will access your created media first.

JohnC, Oct 24, 2015
  11. I have done that. It brings up a Windows Setup window with an option to Install now, or to repair my computer.

12. I have attempted the cold boot with no luck. I may try it again a few more times

13. JohnC Win User

That is what you want. Click on repair my computer. A few screens later it will ask you what you want to keep. Click on personal files and apps.

JohnC, Oct 24, 2015
  14. After clicking repair my computer, it shows 3 options: continue, Troubleshoot, and Turn off my PC. Is this what I'm supposed to see?

15. JohnC Win User
    JohnC, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop - Similar Threads - preparing automatic repair

2. Preparing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair loop: My PC keeps getting on this screen no matter how many loops it takes it will only loop back on this screen. This is a desktop computer and I just turn it on today and results on this. I remember updates happened, but it was last week. I dont think that is related so I want to...
  3. Preparing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair loop: My laptop doesn't boot from preparing automatic repair screen. So, I installed windows 10 home and did a software update. It worked fine for a day and then this loop whenever I boot the laptop. I even thought it would be slower because of hdd and left it on for the whole...
  4. Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing Automatic Repair loop: Hi, Since today I have a very annoying problem. I keep getting my startupscreen saying 'Preparing automatic repair' loop' and after a few seconds switches to black screen and then back to 'Preparing automatic prepair'. This loop basicly goes on forever...what can I do??? My...
  5. "Preparing automatic repairs" loop

"Preparing automatic repairs" loop: My laptop is stuck in a "preparing automatic repairs" loop. I can't get out of it. I've tried the following: Tried getting it into safe mode no go. Buttons don't overview the screen Tried pressing the start button three times. No dice. It still goes to "preparing automatic...
  6. Preparing for automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preparing for automatic repair loop: My system isn’t booting, the wheel is making its loops but nothing else happens. When I restart it 3 times automatic repair shows up. It’s doing something for a long time a few hours now and nothing happens. This is the second time I have this issue. For the first time I was...
  7. Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

Preparing Automatic Repair Loop: Hello, I have been working on this for about two days with no luck. I start up my laptop, the HP logo shows and it has a loading ring for about 5 seconds. It then says Preparing Automatic Repair. After about a minute I get an error that says "Your device ran into a problem...
  8. Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing Automatic Repair loop: I did a system restore to stop some startup apps from appearing and to keep my pc up to speed. After finishing this I tried to startup a game on my desktop. However the game said that some files were missing. So I restarted my pc but went into the preparing automatic reapir...
  9. preparing automatic repair Loop!!

in Windows 10 Support
    preparing automatic repair Loop!!: I tried Everything in repair mode. Start up repair, system restore( cant click next because it says "You must enable system protection on this drive). I even tried command prompt method to restore but while restoring i get another message system restore did not complete...
  10. Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

Preparing Automatic Repair Loop: I'm stuck in an automatic repairing loop I guess and the things I've tried so far haven't worked. I tried doing the 3 power-offs and I got to the blue screen, but when I tried to go into safe mode it just brought me to this[IMG] I also tried resetting the PC while keeping...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blank screen after preparing automatic repair sc