Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - after it goes idle/screen off

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - after it goes idle/screen off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok windows 10 pro, just reinstalled yesterday to try to fix this issue. NVidia 980ti latest updates Bios latest updates. windows 10 pro fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michellia, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Michellia Win User

Windows 10 Pro - after it goes idle/screen off

Ok

windows 10 pro, just reinstalled yesterday to try to fix this issue.

NVidia 980ti latest updates

Bios latest updates.

windows 10 pro fully installed and updated.

Two monitors, Primary LG 27UD68, Secondary Dell U2717D both with drivers from manufacturer, both connect using display port

When not using system for a while the monitors would turn off.

when trying to turn back on, with mouse or keyboard, mouse will not work, second monitor ( dell) will not come on.

Even CTRL-ALT-DEL takes over 2 minutes to work.

Both Sleep and Hibernation is turned off.

I need to reboot every time to get both mouse and Dell to work.

I had this setup for months and this started in the last week or so.

All help appreciated please read what i wrote before answering.

:)

Michellia, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 Pro Installation Starts, Screen Goes Black, Never to Return

Suggest using the Media Creation Tool to create a USB flash drive of the latest Windows 10 Pro and boot that to install from.

Download Windows 10 ISO file

At Step 8, instead of selecting ISO file, select Flash drive, then the tool will create the bootable flash drive for you to install from.

Ztruker, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro - after it goes idle/screen off - Similar Threads - Pro goes idle

2. Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so: Over the last week or two, on many occasions I have left my computer unattended for an hour or so and when I've come back I am greeted with a screen prompting me with options to install windows asking preferred language pack, keyboard layout etc. If I press escape on this...
  3. Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer goes to "Install Windows" screen after idle for an hour or so: Over the last week or two, on many occasions I have left my computer unattended for an hour or so and when I've come back I am greeted with a screen prompting me with options to install windows asking preferred language pack, keyboard layout etc. If I press escape on this...
  4. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  5. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  6. Screen goes off after 10 min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes off after 10 min: HP laptop Windows 11. The screen goes off after only 10 min idling after 18:15 GMT even though the setting is 2 hours. During the day, from 9 - 18:15 GMT the screen goes off after idling for 2 hours as set. Apparently, therefore, this strange behaviour is time related. But...
  7. Screen goes off after 10 min

Screen goes off after 10 min: HP laptop Windows 11. The screen goes off after only 10 min idling after 18:15 GMT even though the setting is 2 hours. During the day, from 9 - 18:15 GMT the screen goes off after idling for 2 hours as set. Apparently, therefore, this strange behaviour is time related. But...
  8. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle: have tried online solutions and also contacted customer service but still cant solve this problem.the setting all changed to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-all-setting-is-off-but-still-goes-into/d744e647-f77c-4c92-948e-ecb61b2ad811
  9. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle: have tried online solutions and also contacted customer service but still cant solve this problem.the setting all changed to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-all-setting-is-off-but-still-goes-into/d744e647-f77c-4c92-948e-ecb61b2ad811
  10. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen goes off when idle

2. windows 10 turns bluetooth off after idle

3. win 7 screen goes off after get idle more than 10min

4. Windows 10 Pro - after it goes idle/screen off