Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro changed to Home after full reset

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro changed to Home after full reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have just carried out a full reset, including remove everything option. Windows has started up OK but the computer is now running windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MatthewHousehouse, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro changed to Home after full reset

Hi, I have just carried out a full reset, including remove everything option. Windows has started up OK but the computer is now running windows 10 Home edition instead of Pro that it was on before (Pro was supplied installed when I bought the computer). Windows says it is activated both before and after resetting. How do I get back to the pro version? And why did it change to Home?

Many thanks,

Matt

:)

MatthewHousehouse, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Pro changed to Home after full reset

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro changed to Home after full reset

1. Windows 10 Pro changed to Home after full reset - Similar Threads - Pro changed Home

2. CHANGE WINDOWS 10 HOME TO WINDOWS 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHANGE WINDOWS 10 HOME TO WINDOWS 10 PRO: I purchased a new computer with windows 10 home, I purchased windows 10 PRO and have my product key but when I try to upgrade to PRO I get the following error message. PLEASE HELP!!WE CANT ACTIVATE WINDOWS ON THIS DEVICE RIGHT NOW. YOU CAN TRY ACTIVATING AGAIN LATER OR GO TO...
  3. CHANGE WINDOWS 10 HOME TO WINDOWS 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHANGE WINDOWS 10 HOME TO WINDOWS 10 PRO: I purchased a new computer with windows 10 home, I purchased windows 10 PRO and have my product key but when I try to upgrade to PRO I get the following error message. PLEASE HELP!!WE CANT ACTIVATE WINDOWS ON THIS DEVICE RIGHT NOW. YOU CAN TRY ACTIVATING AGAIN LATER OR GO TO...
  4. CHANGE WINDOWS 10 HOME TO WINDOWS 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Change from Windows 10 home to pro

Change from Windows 10 home to pro: Hello, I have Windows 10 home 20H2 and want to change it to Windows Pro, how do I do that? I was told that on "system" click on change or upgrade your edition of windows, then if inserting a windows 10 pro key, will work? And if it works, do I loose anything or it just...
  6. windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change

windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change: I bought my laptop with Windows 10 Home and purchased and upgraded to pro successfully. Recently I bought new 500gb SSD and replaced 256gb SSD, then reinstalled Windows 10 home. Then i linked my microsoft account and tried to upgrade to pro...it's showing error...
  7. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Full Key - Help?

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Full Key - Help?: Hi All, I bought a laptop a few weeks ago that came with Windows 10 Home provided. I purchased a Windows 10 Pro Key last night from the web. But it wont allow me to upgrade. I went back to the supplier and they advised the key provided doesn't allow upgrading, but a full...
  8. Windows 10 home change to windows 10 pro after an update

Windows 10 home change to windows 10 pro after an update: my pc was running well on windows 10 from 2018 it had several updates with no issues. early this year an update had trouble downloading and installing all done auto so I was surprised whe I noticed my info had change from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. in my info on pc....
  9. Windows 10 will not load after full reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not load after full reset: I have inherited a Lenovo H330 pc complete with HDMI monitor. It was apparently bought c. 2013 and at that point came with windows 7 home premium pre-installed: the processor shows as an i5 2320 3.0ghz and it now has 8gb ram fitted (4 originally) and a 500gb hd. At some...
  10. Change edition, Windows 10 Home to Pro

Change edition, Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi, i have upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. I 'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro edition from usb installation files and not store. After running setup.exe and choosing Upgrade i reach in a screen as this but it says home instead of pro and i...