Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Microsoft and Local Accounts in Computer Management - Users

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Microsoft and Local Accounts in Computer Management - Users in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using my Microsoft (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) account to log into my Windows 10 Pro (1903) desktop. When I go to the list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlTribble, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Microsoft and Local Accounts in Computer Management - Users

I am using my Microsoft (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) account to log into my Windows 10 Pro (1903) desktop. When I go to the list of user account in Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users, I do not see any user account that is associated with this *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I do see a user named "abcde" (the first 5 characters of my email address) but when I view its properties I don't see the email address anywhere.

Is this "abcde" user the one that Windows uses when I log in "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"? Why can't I find the email address anywhere in Users folder?

:)

CarlTribble, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Pro Microsoft and Local Accounts in Computer Management - Users :(

Zakin, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Kari, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Pro Microsoft and Local Accounts in Computer Management - Users

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Microsoft and Local Accounts in Computer Management - Users

1. Windows 10 Pro Microsoft and Local Accounts in Computer Management - Users - Similar Threads - Pro Microsoft Local

2. User accounts not visible in Windows login screen - computer managment doesn't list local...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User accounts not visible in Windows login screen - computer managment doesn't list local...: I am trying to display all users on a seperate computer - one a volunteer will use. I have the user added to my accounts and to the Family. I can see a list of all users on my own PC that I use from the log-in screen. However, when I go to the other computer, the complete...
  3. User accounts not visible in Windows login screen - computer managment doesn't list local...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User accounts not visible in Windows login screen - computer managment doesn't list local...: I am trying to display all users on a seperate computer - one a volunteer will use. I have the user added to my accounts and to the Family. I can see a list of all users on my own PC that I use from the log-in screen. However, when I go to the other computer, the complete...
  4. "Local Users And Groups" in Computer management not visible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Local Users And Groups" in Computer management not visible.: I saw many "Hacked Backdoor Accounts" on YouTube. Just for my curiosity, I followed their instructions. However now I am concerned as the "Computer Managment" app does not show the "Local Users And Groups" option in the list.I also tried netplwiz Advance User Management but...
  5. "Local Users And Groups" in Computer management not visible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Local Users And Groups" in Computer management not visible.: I saw many "Hacked Backdoor Accounts" on YouTube. Just for my curiosity, I followed their instructions. However now I am concerned as the "Computer Managment" app does not show the "Local Users And Groups" option in the list.I also tried netplwiz Advance User Management but...
  6. Computer Account Keeps Creating Local User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Account Keeps Creating Local User Account: Hello I have had a problem for a while in my network. Several computer accounts keep creating local user accounts and deleting them in a matter of minutes. This occurs in several devices in my environment. Could this be a service?...
  7. Windows 10: Unable to convert local user account to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Unable to convert local user account to Microsoft account: I've Google searched this and every article I find is out of date. The options simply do not exist, reference the article below.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/switch-from-a-local-account-to-a-microsoft-account-395203bf-9f1b-eb24-b042-5b8dae6c1d20These options...
  8. windows 10 pro local account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro local account.: Hi, I am new to desktop and I`m learning as i go, My question is where did I go WRONG? My windows administration account is active. When I visit account settings everything looks and seems ok, but almost any discussion it tells me I need administrative permission to make...
  9. Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.: Hi all! I have a personal laptop (Thinkpad X1 Carbon) that I used to remote into my work computer while at home. I work from home one day a week, and sometimes on weekends, etc. Ironically I actually work on computers for a living, except that I do data analytics and do not...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Local Account: I have read that you can't make a local account anymore is this true? Will I not be able to make a local account if I purchase Windows 10 Pro in stores that come with the USB Stick? submitted by /u/JMatzelle993 [link] [comments]...