Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - Unattended Asnwer File Error

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - Unattended Asnwer File Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought Windows 10 Pro and trying to start my installation from the ISO file I downloaded online and I'm getting the following error: [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Silmaril-1, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro - Unattended Asnwer File Error

I bought Windows 10 Pro and trying to start my installation from the ISO file I downloaded online and I'm getting the following error:

Windows 10 Pro - Unattended Asnwer File Error [​IMG]

:)

Silmaril-1, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Hej Ken. Din svarfil antyder att du är också en Finlandsvensk. Välkommen till Ten Forums!

Hi Ken. Your answer file suggests that you are a fellow Finland Swede. Welcome to Ten Forums!

That error is because there's no generic product key or MAK key in your answer file. It is obligatory in autounattend.xml answer file, the one that takes care of first phase of Windows setup, partitioning and installing.

Please see step 3.9 in following tutorial for how to add key in answer file: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2019
  4. KenEkholm Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Unattended Asnwer File Error

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

It's PC that I have assembled myself from many differents parts.

OS type is Windows 10 Pro.

Current build is 16299.19

This error message "Windows cannot read the <ProductKey> setting from the unattend answer file"
    appears almost at the beginning of the installation. That's the only error message I got.

Is this info enough?

KenEkholm, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - Unattended Asnwer File Error

1. Windows 10 Pro - Unattended Asnwer File Error - Similar Threads - Pro Unattended Asnwer

2. where is my inquiry and asnwers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    where is my inquiry and asnwers: I don not needASK A QUESTION page when I am looking for answer to my question of 1 day ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-inquiry-and-asnwers/d5f96bfe-8ef3-4185-ae6d-57714e944861
  3. where is my inquiry and asnwers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is my inquiry and asnwers: I don not needASK A QUESTION page when I am looking for answer to my question of 1 day ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-inquiry-and-asnwers/d5f96bfe-8ef3-4185-ae6d-57714e944861
  4. Windows 10 Pro unattended logout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro unattended logout: I have reinstalled Windows 10 Pro, I have enabled the System Unattended Sleep Timeout under power settings and set it to 0. I have set all sleep options to never, and it still logs out after a short time. I have Windows 10 Pro, 20H2 installed. My PC is linked to my...
  5. Windows 10 Unattend file and licence key placement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Unattend file and licence key placement: Hi Folks I am creating an unattended install xml file using SIM. Can someone explain the difference / pros and cons between specifying the product key in: "1 windowsPE" amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Setup_neutral and "4 specialize" amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup_neutral...
  6. Unattend File

Unattend File: Hi, I'm using WDS with Unattend File to deploy Win 10 to my VMs. It works fine, but the problem is, after the installation, the VM restarts and then boots from PXE again. (Basically, it's an infinite loop of Win 10 Installation because of the restart). What options do I have...
  7. Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media: How to: Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media [img] Information We have multiple tutorials on Ten Forums about creating a custom Windows install media and automating Windows Setup and OOBE. All those tutorials are intended for advanced users, requiring...
  8. Unattend install Windows 10 Pro different USB driveletter

Unattend install Windows 10 Pro different USB driveletter: Hello everybody, we have a strange issue here. We're building a USB Drive to Install Windows 10 Pro with an autounattend.xml Everything works fine, but the driveletter of the USB Drive is sometimes D: and sometimes E: We're testing on a Dell Optiplex 990. We're not able to...
  9. Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup

Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup: Anyone ran across a Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup? That Works!!!*Biggrin 5106
  10. Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?: The problem with my answer is that following error message appears "Windows cannot read the <ProductKey> setting from the unattend answer file". Can someone help me with this problem? Can I somehow skip this product key part in the answer file? Here is my answer file....