Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro used 46GB

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro used 46GB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It was installed at Aug, 2016 on a new partition (not upgraded from an old s). Only 32 programs are installed and 10 of them are drivers. The biggest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by window, Mar 19, 2017.

1. window Win User

Windows 10 Pro used 46GB

It was installed at Aug, 2016 on a new partition (not upgraded from an old s). Only 32 programs are installed and 10 of them are drivers. The biggest program is NVIDIV graphic driver (600MB). On C drive, the total number of files which are bigger than 100MB is 22

Windows 10 Pro used 46GB [​IMG]

Disk cleanup program screenshot

My personal files are saved on another partition. Does s 10 Pro need 46GB? If not, how to release the space?

:)

window, Mar 19, 2017
  2. CodeNext Win User

Why my windows 10 operating system using so much space?

Hi, I followed you answer, But for some reason, the temporary file deleting process keep on going. Even I restart the PC and tried again, it is same. However, the temporary file is just 3.3 GB, and I agree that deleting temporary file will make some space.

Now, in the list of all allocation of size on C drive, the system file utilizes ~46 GB(not including apps and program files). And I am not understanding why it needs 46 GB.

Talking second part, I have question on up-gradation of windows 10 itself, this is just my speculation I am not technical expert. As a prerequisite of windows 10 installation, there is a need for the 7 GB space. I do not know how does it work but the whole
    windows 10 file size should be around this number. But it is now 46GB. Hence, it looks like, the windows 10 running on the file of previous windows 7. All files and system are just as it is of windows 7, and windows 10 just playing as skin with some modification.
    I do not know whether it will take 46GB or not, If I buy windows 10 brand new and install on my PC after formatting C drive. Thanks for your answer, though, very very appreciated.

CodeNext, Mar 19, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    OS Drive (CWindows 10 Pro used 46GB :) Full

Have you expanded the Windows folder in treesize to see the detail. And the same with the (13 Files) at the bottom. It also shows 46GB of user files.

If you do anymore screenshots try to use the snipping tool to get the detail rather than the whole screen, I can hardly see the text in the screenshots.

neilpzz, Mar 19, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

Windows 10 Pro used 46GB

In your first screenshot you are showing, at a guess, about 8 GB. In the disk cleanup file you have to check the boxes for them to add to the total cleanup. You can also click on clean up system files to get more.

Please just open your C drive and show us the contents of C. Under the view tab at the top make sure the size option is checked under columns, if it isn't already. Also, please show us a screenshot of Disk Management. This will tell you how.
    Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

To answer your question, no Windows 10 does not use that much space, but depending on what is installed, you can use that much.

essenbe, Mar 19, 2017
  5. window Win User
    C file list:

Disk management

window, Mar 19, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    That's not C: drive on your picture, click on it to show. Also turn off hiding of System and Hidden files/folders. In Disk cleanup click on "Cleanup system files", there should be more options.
    For more detailed look at your drive(s), try a program like this: DiskSavvy - Disk Space Analyzer

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro used 46GB

1. Windows 10 Pro used 46GB - Similar Threads - Pro used 46GB

2. So I've over provisioned my Samsung SSD and it saying that 46gb is being used for that. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I've over provisioned my Samsung SSD and it saying that 46gb is being used for that. Is...: So I've over provisioned my Samsung SSD and it saying that 46gb is being used for that. Is that good enough? I set it at 10%. I have a 500gb drive....
  3. So I've over provisioned my Samsung SSD and it saying that 46gb is being used for that. Is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I've over provisioned my Samsung SSD and it saying that 46gb is being used for that. Is...: So I've over provisioned my Samsung SSD and it saying that 46gb is being used for that. Is that good enough? I set it at 10%. I have a 500gb drive....
  4. Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License: Hello All,I have an old laptop with windows 10 pro that activated using a windows 10 pro retail digital license connected to my Microsoft account. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to activate the windows 11 pro on new laptop using the existing license and...
  5. Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License: Hello All,I have an old laptop with windows 10 pro that activated using a windows 10 pro retail digital license connected to my Microsoft account. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to activate the windows 11 pro on new laptop using the existing license and...
  6. RDP Use and Windows 10 Pro Connectivity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    RDP Use and Windows 10 Pro Connectivity: I have a remote device MS Surface Pro 7; expected to be used in-home only running Windows 10 Home.I have setup only three users on my desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro.Administrator ProfileDaily User Profile no admin rights; only with "User" group appliedDaily User Profile...
  7. Use scanner Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use scanner Windows 10 Pro: When I go to scan, it says no scanner detected. I downloaded a MS scan app from the store - which was a BIG mistake. Same thing, Hamrick software works, although it puts a ridiculous watermark of it unless you pay big bucks. I found a workaround, which is a little tedious. I...
  8. Encryption using Windows 10 Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption using Windows 10 Pro: I encrypted tw rather large folders desktop using Windows 10 Pro. Simple process that took about 4 hours to complete. I opened the files and confirmed the process and noticed that each file had a lock icon attached. 1 If someone stole my laptop and had my pin i use to log...
  9. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Using Windows 7 Pro Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Using Windows 7 Pro Key: I bought this new Dell laptop that came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. I have an old Windows 7 pro key(currently not used on any other machine) that I would like to use to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I get following error message: The last product key (ID: some number...
  10. Networking using Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking using Windows 10 Pro: I have upgrade my two systems to Windows 10 Pro. I need to connect then over a local network. I need instructions and cannot find anything on the internet referring to PRO. Help?...