Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro version 1511 10586 Won't Shut Down

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro version 1511 10586 Won't Shut Down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows Update recently downloaded and installed Windows 10 Pro version 1511 10586 on my HP Elite 8300 CMT desktop. So far, this OS seems to work quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scimitar, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Scimitar Win User

Windows 10 Pro version 1511 10586 Won't Shut Down

Windows Update recently downloaded and installed Windows 10 Pro version 1511 10586 on my HP Elite 8300 CMT desktop. So far, this OS seems to work quite well except it won't shut down when I click Shut Down in the Power menu so I have to press the power button on the front of the CPU for a few seconds. It will shut down, however, in Safe Mode. Anyone else having this problem and is there a fix? I've been told that I'll probably need to do a clean install. Some of the replies on Microsoft support don't appear to have helped those who asked so I thought I'd check here before trying anything else.

:)

Scimitar, Jan 6, 2016

2. How to update only Windows 10 version and not drivers

How do I update my windows to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 only, I dont wanna update others things like Nvidea and other stuffs. Only Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586. is there anyways ? and what is the file size of Windows 10 Pro, version 1511,
    10586 ? Help me out please

354c53db-cd66-4556-a6cf-f3e09fab192e, Jan 6, 2016
  3. adapababu Win User
    upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586

Last 2days I am very tired to update my laptop windows 10 pro 64bit issue

I have install new windows 10pro 64bit clean installation.

when i am checking windows update it showing updates are available

• Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586.

Details

Downloading updates 5%

After longtime 6hrs as below

Details

Downloading updates 95%

i was tap on details it showing as below

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586

Downloading

finally as below status

waiting for installation

finally as below status

Error

sorry many times i try this tool--WindowsUpdateDiagnostic

adapababu, Jan 6, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

hello, and welcome to tenforums , cant say I have experienced this on any of my installs .but I do use a different method than you are using of shutting down , give it a try ,, right click on the desktop and choose New shortcut , type in , slidetoshutdown.exe ,click Ok , save to the desktop ,,double click to shutdown , you can drag it down with the mouse ,or hit the Windows key , also if you wish you can put an icon to the file ,right click on the file and choose properties/change icon ,ok, and pick an icon ,I pick the red one

caperjack, Jan 6, 2016
  5. Scimitar Win User
    Thanks for the welcome and the advice, caperjack. I'll try the new shortcut approach and report results.

Scimitar, Jan 7, 2016
  6. Rose W Win User
    If I have usb3 external drives plugged in at shutdown then there will be a restart. The event viewer will report an incorrect shut down.
    I gave up finding a solution and unplug the externals before shutdown

This desktop shortcut didn't make a difference
    C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 00

Rose W, Jan 7, 2016
  7. Scimitar Win User
    Reply to caperjack and Rose W: neither suggestion worked on my system but thank for the advice. I'm baffled by this issue so I'll take it to a local computer shop that's helped me before.

Scimitar, Jan 7, 2016
  8. caperjack Win User

right click on the windows icon,and open admin command prompt and type in and run system file checker ,it could run for as long a 2hrs so let it finish ,,,command is ,, sfc /scannow .........not here is a space between sfc and /

caperjack, Jan 7, 2016
  9. caperjack Win User
    edit to last post , do it like this in order as shown .

, run the commands in the order below one at a time.

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

sfc /scannow

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sfc /scannow

caperjack, Jan 7, 2016
  10. Rose W Win User
    My looping shut down started with the November 1156 and I did the scannow which did produce the .cpl file (video) replace but the issue continued. An extra usb3 board had been installed so that was suspected and the desktop went back for a thorough testing, inspection. I took the external to be included but I did not take the external hub. All tests were fine.
    The feature did return so the solution appeared to be 'just unplug any usb externals'
    BUT this morning the desktop was in a 'semi shut down' status- no monitor, power light on, fans running.
    The key combo had to be used to get a shut down which resulted in a restart and the white text bios message
    Ctrl Alt Delete
    Tab 8 times and Enter
    Arrow down 3 times and enter

"USB devices over current status"
    A 4 port hub was plugged in but nothing was in the plug
    Remove the hub, restart and all returned to normal
    So something is off with the hub since it was plugged into the original usb3 port -not the recently installed psi board
    Perhaps its drivers or there is something off with usb3
    At any rate, these shut down/restart actions are commonly posted for Win10 with no easy solutions. It appears to me to be a hardware issue as well as a driver issue. The same hardware operated well in the Win7 environment.

Rose W, Jan 7, 2016
  11. Scimitar Win User
    Reply to caperjack: I ran the commands you provided and here are the results:

(1) sfc /scannow - Windows Resource Protection found some corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are in CBS.Log Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is not currently supported in offline servicing scenarios.

(2) Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup - completed successfully.

(3) sfc /scannow - Windows Resource Protection found some corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are in CBS.Log Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is not currently supported in offline servicing scenarios.

(4) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - Error 0x800f081f
    The source files couldn't be found. For information on specific source locations go http:go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log. I saved this log as a Notebook file if that's any help.

(5) sfc /scannow - Windows Resource Protection found some corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are in CBS.Log Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is not currently supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Scimitar, Jan 7, 2016
  12. Scimitar Win User
    Reply to Rose W: I've unplugged the only USB that I have (not a USB hub) and still no go on the shut down. *Sad I'm going to have to refer this issue to a local computer tech shop to find a remedy. Thanks for your input and advice.

Scimitar, Jan 9, 2016
  13. Rose W Win User

Rose W, Jan 9, 2016
  14. Scimitar Win User
    Thanks for this Rose W. I've scoured and posted on various tech boards and the consistent outcomes seem to be "create a new power plan and do a clean install." According to one source, my computer is unsupported in the free W10 upgrade from W7 and the W10 drivers don't work with my hardware. Not the best news. Anyway, the clean install with have have to wait until I have a window of opportunity - I'll see what happens and report back here if it works.

Scimitar, Jan 9, 2016
  15. AnEdge Win User
    Try this...It will fix everything and your system will thank you for it...Another member posted this. I've used it a few times and 100% effective.
    This way requires you to have an isodownloaded from Tech Bench.You absolutely have to use the Techbench iso so the restore health can read it
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Once you have it downloaded from Tech Bench, right click at it > click Mount> leave it there.
    Now go back to your elevated command prompt, at the flashing prompt, copy/pastethis command line......................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. CHANGE it if YOUR drive mount letter is different. Go to my PC to view the drive letter off the mount.

DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation issuccessful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

You may have to run SFC a few times to repair everything

AnEdge, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro version 1511 10586 Won't Shut Down - Similar Threads - Pro version 1511

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 - Error 0xc1900107

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 - Error 0xc1900107: So today the big Fall update came out and I wanted to install it so after over 2 hours of my slow internet downloading everything I need and installing it I was given a message that I need to restart my PC to finish everything up. So I did and while restarting it put me into...
  3. Update Version 1511, 10586 Won't install

Update Version 1511, 10586 Won't install: Good morning everyone! My updates show that 1511, 10586 is ready and will install after a restart. Well after it restarts it does nothing at all. Just restarts normally. It is set to auto restart so it just pops up in the middle of everything to restart and still does...
  4. Problem Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586

Problem Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586: Keep repeating on the update and won't update it... [img] Any solution? 37910
  5. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586: Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 will not download and install. However the updater keeps telling me it is ready for installation, then is decides on it's own to restart any damn time it wants to. For a while, I had control over this. Then, like a dummy, I...
  6. Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 update fails multiple times

Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 update fails multiple times: I've tried to install this multiple times: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 Here's what I've done so far to try and fix: Code: sfc /scannow [/quote] multiple times as admin. No errors reported. Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth sfc...
  7. Windows 10 version 1511 10586 app issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 version 1511 10586 app issues: I just upgraded my windows 10 pc to the 1511 version. I have (on the start menu) icons for photos, calendar, camera, maps, solitaire, news, get office, sports, one note all with a exclamation mark in a circle. When I click on any it says app not installed contact system...
  8. Windows 10 Build 1511, 10586 update version fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 1511, 10586 update version fail: Fails to Upgrade to Windows 10 v.1511, 10586 Firstly, I have bought a Laptop which including Windows 10 OEM from factory then I add SSD and Clone HHD which have a licence (all of disk to SSD). After that, I have been trying to up version to be 10586, during updating...
  9. problem with upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem with upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586: tried to install the upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586, and it refuses to take, keeps telling me there's a problem and to try again later. 30115
  10. Windows 10 version 1511 10586

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 version 1511 10586: Has anyone had this update restart your machine 11 or 12 times and still Windows still wants to do it again. I have over the last 10 or so days. How now brown cow? Microsoft folks, is it an update or are you just being annoying!!!???? Please advise. I would like to get past...