Windows 10: Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

Discus and support Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have just bought a HP Star Wars special edition notebook with Windows 10 preinstalled. On the initial setup, I accidentally typed in my name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A Beer Inside, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

Hi, I have just bought a HP Star Wars special edition notebook with Windows 10 preinstalled. On the initial setup, I accidentally typed in my name wrong in the User account setup. (The keys are in a slightly different place on this keyboard to my old one and when I tried to hit 'backspace', I hit 'enter' instead and it moved onto the next page with no option to go back a page!) Anyway, I have changed my user account name to the one I want now but the user folder (C:\Users\) still has the incorrect name. I have read a few ways of solving this on here and decided that due to this being a new computer that I've made hardly any changes to it might be easiest to just reset the system and start again.

My question is this - because this computer is a special edition which came with lots of Star Wars content, if I do a full reset, will it reset with the content still intact, or will it wipe all the Star Wars content and reset to a 'normal' version of Windows 10?

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

A Beer Inside, Nov 12, 2015
  2. KyleToth Win User

Upgrading to windows 10

My question is this: I recently bought one of those special edition Star Wars Laptops from HP. I love it, especially the Star Wars content. Will upgrading aspects of Window 10 delete any of that?

KyleToth, Nov 12, 2015
  3. hp star wars special edition note book

Hi James,

Since this is a special edition device and most likely custom built, it is best to contact the manufacturer "HP" for support. As they have the information for this kind of concern.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

5. Newguy42 Win User
    I realize this is way after the fact, but I had the same question about a reset and this is the only forum I could find. I finally went ahead and just did a reset, and all the Star Wars exclusives where still there! They are considered part of the factory settings for the laptop so if you need to reset in the future you won't lose the goodies. Hope this helps you or anyone else who may have the same question.

Newguy42, Dec 19, 2016
  6. Newguy42 Win User
    The factory reset does not make you lose the Star Wars goodies, they are considered part of the factory settings! I wasn't sure but finally did a reset and was pleasantly surprised *Smile

Newguy42, Dec 19, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Built-in Windows reset has proven to be extremely unreliable - especially as more and more major build upgrades of Windows come along. If you want to almost guarantee to keep that content I would highly recommend you make an image of the hard drive before you load it up with data files with a reputable program like Macrium Reflect Free.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

1. Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook - Similar Threads - reset Star Wars

2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: I'm curious, was anyone able to purchase Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2008 through the Microsoft Store? As far as I could tell, even though the series did come up when you search it, there was a bug that prevented it from being purchased. Now with Disney plus, it just seems that...
  3. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: I'm curious, was anyone able to purchase Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2008 through the Microsoft Store? As far as I could tell, even though the series did come up when you search it, there was a bug that prevented it from being purchased. Now with Disney plus, it just seems that...
  4. Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working: Hello all, So recently I've started playing this game again after a while. I play on Windows 10 x64, I have the CD version of the game. Whenever I try to launch the game, it does nothing for at least 30 minutes. The game would launch about at least a half hour after I...
  5. Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption not working: Hello all, So recently I've started playing this game again after a while. I play on Windows 10 x64, I have the CD version of the game. Whenever I try to launch the game, it does nothing for at least 30 minutes. The game would launch about at least a half hour after I...
  6. Microphone not working - HP pavilion - Star wars edition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working - HP pavilion - Star wars edition: Hi Everyone, First time posting, but long-standing issues with the Mic in my laptop. I'm not sure whether I haven't set it up properly or what, but no matter what microphone I use, the result is always a faint / very quiet output on my end. I can hear other people just fine...
  7. Star wars the clone wars republic heroes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Star wars the clone wars republic heroes: Hallo zusammen, Ich habe mir vorhin star wars the clone wars republic heroes auf steam gekauft. Ich habe es installiert aber wenn ich auf spielen drücke erscheint der produktschlüssel mit der anmerkung,dass ich ihn zur eingabe bereithalten soll etc. danach sehe ich das...
  8. Older Star Wars games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Star Wars games: I'm installing some older Star Wars games to find out if I can still play them on 10, but I'm having a problem w/a few & hope someone can help me w/these. 1. Battle For Naboo. When I try to install, I get a message stating it's a 16Bit installer & will not run on a 64Bit...
  9. playing star wars battlefront

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing star wars battlefront: just playing a game I well get this bsod Attachment 100654 63068
  10. playing star wars battlefront

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing star wars battlefront: started after anniversary update playing star wars battlefront about 15mins in to game 61929