Windows 10: Windows 10 S mode deactivation

Discus and support Windows 10 S mode deactivation in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I just got a laptop and every time I try to switch off from windows 10 Home S mode from Microsoft store it says "Try again, something happened... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RichardOlumakaiye, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 S mode deactivation

Hello, I just got a laptop and every time I try to switch off from windows 10 Home S mode from Microsoft store it says "Try again, something happened at our end" this is really frustrating. How can I fix this please !

:)

RichardOlumakaiye, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Clean install windows 10 after deactivating windows 10 S mode

You don't actually deactivate your Windows 10 in S Mode, what you do is switch out of S Mode. When you get the PC turn it on and set it up and make sure that it's activated. Then update the Store app before continuing,, you need an up to date Store to make the switch. Follow the steps in the tutorial below to switch out of S Mode. You'll then have a normal Windows 10 Home which will be activated with a digital license. You are correct, this is a one-way switch.

Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free

Once you have normal Windows 10 Home and it says it is activated you are free to do a clean install of Home if you wish. You won't need a key, it should activate from the existing digital license.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 S mode deactivation

S mode deactivation.

Hi jeremiascalderon,

This might be due to corrupted Windows Store cache. To resolve this issue, please reset the Store cache by following the steps below:

1. Click the Start menu button.
    2. Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

In addition, you can refer to this article on how to switch out of S mode in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 S mode deactivation

1. Windows 10 S mode deactivation - Similar Threads - mode deactivation

2. i cannot upgrade to win 11 pro and cannot deactivate s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot upgrade to win 11 pro and cannot deactivate s mode: hii hope this finds you well.i just upgraded to win 11 and cannot upgrade to win 11 pro. I am also unable to deactivate the S mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-upgrade-to-win-11-pro-and-cannot/4148ac22-759b-47cc-a603-b5b8e08cac7c
  3. i cannot upgrade to win 11 pro and cannot deactivate s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot upgrade to win 11 pro and cannot deactivate s mode: hii hope this finds you well.i just upgraded to win 11 and cannot upgrade to win 11 pro. I am also unable to deactivate the S mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-upgrade-to-win-11-pro-and-cannot/4148ac22-759b-47cc-a603-b5b8e08cac7c
  4. How to deactivate tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deactivate tablet mode?: I have a computer that is capable of rotating flat to act as a tablet and during this the task bar gets larger and the keyboard deactivates. The computer has a lot of issues and for the past few days the task bar has been larger but the keyboard still worked. This morning the...
  5. How to deactivate tablet mode?

How to deactivate tablet mode?: I have a computer that is capable of rotating flat to act as a tablet and during this the task bar gets larger and the keyboard deactivates. The computer has a lot of issues and for the past few days the task bar has been larger but the keyboard still worked. This morning the...
  6. preowned device running windows 11. security was deactivated, specifically kernnel mode...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    preowned device running windows 11. security was deactivated, specifically kernnel mode...: My wifi 6 driver has error reports and device security, specifically kernnel mode hardware enforced stack protection was turned off. so i started reading events logs and somethings were alarming such as certain guest processes being granted root access, several events that...
  7. preowned device running windows 11. security was deactivated, specifically kernnel mode...

preowned device running windows 11. security was deactivated, specifically kernnel mode...: My wifi 6 driver has error reports and device security, specifically kernnel mode hardware enforced stack protection was turned off. so i started reading events logs and somethings were alarming such as certain guest processes being granted root access, several events that...
  8. how to i deactivate safe mode in windows for parental control reasons

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to i deactivate safe mode in windows for parental control reasons: I need to block safe mode. A google had me changing regedit or typing in a cmd. I tried the regedit option but couldn't figure it out since it kept blocking me from changing the regedit value. The cmd option siad invalid command. Is there a program I can download that will...
  9. how to i deactivate safe mode in windows for parental control reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to i deactivate safe mode in windows for parental control reasons: I need to block safe mode. A google had me changing regedit or typing in a cmd. I tried the regedit option but couldn't figure it out since it kept blocking me from changing the regedit value. The cmd option siad invalid command. Is there a program I can download that will...
  10. how to i deactivate safe mode in windows for parental control reasons