Windows 10: Windows 10 search box text changing by itself

Discus and support Windows 10 search box text changing by itself in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently have been having an issue with my search box text in Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.628 where my search box text changes randomly from... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Daniel Liu_8057, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 search box text changing by itself

I recently have been having an issue with my search box text in Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.628 where my search box text changes randomly from the default "Type here to search" to just "Start a search". This issue happens whenever I restart my computer or sign out and sign back in.

I thought this was a background program running but I didn't find any running in the background. Whatever is causing this is also able to jump the denials and TrustedInstaller that I have placed on the registry keys that handle the search box text. The registry key contains a "Feature" item with the value "SBSTR07".

How do I stop the search box text changing without my permission? Thanks

:)

Daniel Liu_8057, Feb 4, 2020
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Firefox Search Box Text

In previous versions of Firefox, I was able to find the option to disable the browser from showing previously entered text into a search or text box. For example, the User Name box on this forum, I type "O" and OrbitzXT pops up. Other text in other search boxes has been popping up as well. I am using Firefox 3.6, I've tried clearing histories and such and it still remembers text in the boxes. Any ideas how to disable this? I don't see any such option in Tools -> Options.

OrbitzXT, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

Good one @Brink! *Thumbs

I noticed also, if you do 'bold' Menus, it'll take up there.
    Menus Text Size - Change in Windows 10

(Also: Change Search Box Transparency) *Wink
    (.bat files are real handy!!!) *Wink *Wink

Windows 10 search box text changing by itself [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 search box text changing by itself

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 search box text changing by itself

1. Windows 10 search box text changing by itself - Similar Threads - search box text

2. How to change the text in the Search Box Title Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the text in the Search Box Title Bar in Windows 10: In connecting my system with my university, somehow, they changed the text of the title of the Search Box in Windows 10 to the name of the university. I never authorized such a change and I want to set the text to something different. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. How to change the text in the Search Box Title Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the text in the Search Box Title Bar in Windows 10: In connecting my system with my university, somehow, they changed the text of the title of the Search Box in Windows 10 to the name of the university. I never authorized such a change and I want to set the text to something different. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. How to change the text in the Search Box Title Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  6. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  7. How to change the Search box text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Search box text in Windows 10: In Windows 10 Search box, a default text Type here to search is visible. While some users are OK with that, others want to replace that text. If you also want the same, then you can change this default text with a custom text of your choice. You can either add your own name...
  8. Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in Cortana on your taskbar...
  9. Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in Cortana...
  10. Change Search Box Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Search Box Text in Windows 10: How to: Change Search Box Text in Windows 10 How to Change Search Box Text in Windows 10 Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows. Starting with Windows 10 build 14946, you can change or remove the default Type here to search...