Windows 10: Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Menus in Windows 10 You can make the text for menus on your screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10

How to: Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10

How to Change Text Size for Menus in Windows 10

You can make the text for menus on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI.

This will affect the following menus:
    • context menus
    • drop menus
    • menu bars
    • ribbon in File Explorer
    • Win+X menu
    This tutorial will show you how to change the font size of text for menus to what you want for your account in Windows 10.

*note If you change your DPI scaling level, it will also change the text size of menus to scale with the DPI setting.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Change Text Size for Menus using "System Font Size Changer" by WinTools
    • Option Two: To Change Text Size for Menus using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Affected menus

Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Text Size for Menus using "System Font Size Changer" by WinTools
    1. If you haven't already, download the latest version of System Font Size Changer from WinTools.
    Download
    2. Run the downloaded changesize.exe file.

*note This is a standalone .exe file (program) that does not install anything on your system.

3. If you like, you can click/tap on Export to export your current font text size settings to a .reg file to make restoring them easy if needed.

4. Perform the following actions: (see screenshot below)
    • Select (dot) Menu.
    • Check or uncheck Bold if you want bold text or not.
    • Adjust the slider for the font size you want.
    • When finished, click/tap on Apply.

5. Click/tap on OK when you are ready to sign in again. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Text Size for Menus using a REG file
    1. Click/tap on the Download button in the table below for the menus text size you want, and if you want the text to be bold or not.

2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. sign in to apply.

6. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

[table][tr][td]Menus Text Size[/td] [td]Not-bold[/td] [td]Bold[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]6[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]7[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]8[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]9 (default - not-bold)[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]10[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]11[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]12[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]13[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]14[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]15[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]16[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]17[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]18[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]19[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]20[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]21[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]22[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]23[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]24[/td] [td] Download[/td] [td] Download[/td] [/tr] [/table]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 16, 2017
  2. Shawn Brink, Feb 16, 2017
  3. Shawn Brink, Feb 16, 2017
  4. Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10

Shawn

Your REG file is a lifesaver. By virtue of it, I was able to apply previous Windows menu dimensions to my new Creators Edition installation. Score plus one for Brink, minus one for Microsoft. There is however, another window metric at issue. One of the entries in the erstwhile Display > Change Only the Text Size setting controlled the text size of filenames and folders in File Explorer, much less the first few entries in Chrome’s Bookmarks bar. Is it the text size for the Icons entry? It sure would be wonderful if you could provide another REG file to address that issue.

And, thanks again for all of your excellent guidance over the years.

Apachegila, Apr 17, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 17, 2017
  6. Small question Shawn.

I use text size of 24 in Windows 7.

Is the size (24) in Windows 7 the same size (24) in Windows 10?

Knowing this would save me a lot of testing.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 15, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Jack, *Smile

It should be, but there has been a lot of DPI changes made in W10 that could affect it.

You could start at 24, and go from there based on what you're seeing to help reduce testing.

Brink, Dec 15, 2017
  8. Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10

Will give it a try later.
    I have been doing some color changes. What a mess compared to W-7.
    Now a new BSOD.

So much fun and so little time

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 15, 2017
  9. Well I found the problem with BSOD and fixed it.

I changed my font size to 24 Bold and my screen from 1920 X 1080 to 1768 X 992 and I now longer have to squint.
    Screen at 150%.

Microsoft sure made it more difficult to do something so simple.
    I wounder what people do that don't read this forum.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 12, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad you got it all sorted Jack.

*Thumbs

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10

1. Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Menus Text

2. how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...: how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the personalizing steps in settings. Using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-size-of-windows-menus-and-the/8ac1b026-632e-426c-92fc-0447e05fbc99
  3. how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the...: how to change the size of Windows menus and the text Size on menu items. I have tried the personalizing steps in settings. Using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-size-of-windows-menus-and-the/8ac1b026-632e-426c-92fc-0447e05fbc99
  4. Change Default Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Text Size in Windows 10: When setting up Windows 10, there is a part where you select the default font size. I made a mistake and set it to "11" rather than the standard "12". I would like to change that setting but am unable to find out where to do that....
  5. No text in menus or on desktop for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No text in menus or on desktop for Windows 10: After updating from 1803 to 1903 through windows update assistant initally everything was good after restart i can't see or find any text on desktop & even in desktop apps too Entered in safe mode too same problem occurs! Any solution?...
  6. How to Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change Text Size in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] source: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/change-text-size-in-windows-10.17663/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size-in-windows-10/aaee319a-0def-45a3-954d-b048781027d0
  7. How to Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change Text Size in Windows 10: https://i.postimg.cc/GhsWcXDC/1.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size-in-windows-10/aaee319a-0def-45a3-954d-b048781027d0"
  8. Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, the ability to increase text size across the system is back and better than ever. You can use a new setting called Make everything bigger with a slider...
  9. Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Icons in Windows 10 You can make the text of icons on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI. This will affect the text font size...
  10. Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Tooltips in Windows 10 A tooltip is a small pop-up that displays the label of an unlabeled control or glyph in Windows. This tutorial will show you how to change the font size of text for...