Windows 10: Windows 10 Search not loading, showing blank window

Discus and support Windows 10 Search not loading, showing blank window in Cortana to solve the problem; The Search menu on my Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. When I click the Search icon, or type something in Start menu, it just shows a blank search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jim-L, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Jim-L Win User

Windows 10 Search not loading, showing blank window

The Search menu on my Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. When I click the Search icon, or type something in Start menu, it just shows a blank search window.

I've tried rebuilding index, sfc /scannow, dism restore, and creating a new local user account. None of them worked.

Windows 10 1909 build 18363.592.

Windows 10 Search not loading, showing blank window deef68c5-9b1e-40ac-8cf2-c2e947d95f01?upload=true.png

:)

Jim-L, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User
    Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Search not loading, showing blank window

Sysprep Windows 10 Start Menu search is blank

Hello everyone,

I was following the Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep guide, which I found to be an amazing guide.

My goal is to have a Windows 10 Pro x64 sysprep image from the Hyper-V VM, exactly as in the guide.

Anyways I had everything going smooth - I was about to Generalize the image and realized the Start Menu stopped returning results, instead just showing a blank search.

After some frustration and reluctance I went back to the checkpoint at the very beginning (as indicated in the guide). The Start Menu still showed up blank.

Reinstalled the VM in Hyper-V using different names and different VHD files but all resulted in the same error.

Created the VM in VMware Workstation 12 and and started the Sysprep process with Windows 10 in VMware. The Start Menu is still blank.

Uninstalled Hyper-V and reinstalled Hyper-V but that didn't help.

I've done the basic troubleshooting steps too:

• Reboot system (Host and Guest systems multiple times)
    • Verified service Windows Search is running (I restarted the service as well)
    • Rebuilt Index
    • Restarted Cortana and Windows Explorer
    • Re-registered Cortana
    I've tried Googling my heart out to no avail. Couldn't even find an image with a similar problem. I've attached a snippet of the issue below.

Note: This is only in Audit Mode. When I let the Windows install complete, the Start Menu works again. I'll try completing the imaging process and load the Sysprep image and see if the Start Menu functionality comes back unless someone has a better idea or similar experience?

Windows 10 Search not loading, showing blank window [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2020
    SeattleITguy, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Search not loading, showing blank window

1. Windows 10 Search not loading, showing blank window - Similar Threads - Search loading showing

2. Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working: Yesterday my computer suddently couldn't load into Windows for some reason, despite me do nothing but I eventually got it back to boot with a USB Stick and some commands. However, now I am noticing that everything seems to be working but the Windows Search just shows a blank...
  3. Blank icons in the windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icons in the windows 10 search: Certain apps have blank icons especially windows default apps. no changes made and I don't understand why it is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons-in-the-windows-10-search/11930247-30cf-48f9-b105-24a73c62ea15
  4. Blank icons in the windows 10 search

in Cortana
    Blank icons in the windows 10 search: Certain apps have blank icons when searched for in the windows 10 search. I've attempted to rebuild the search cache, rebuild the icon cache, all the display fixes but nothing is fixing it. Can anyone help? other icons include settings, calculator, clocks and alarms, visual...
  5. Blank icons in the windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icons in the windows 10 search: Certain apps have blank icons when searched for in the windows 10 search. I've attempted to rebuild the search cache, rebuild the icon cache, all the display fixes but nothing is fixing it. Can anyone help?...
  6. Windows Search showing blank apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search showing blank apps?: [ATTACH] Alright, so I have an app that changes directories sometimes, but whenever it updates (that's when it changes directories), but now it stays in the Windows Search with no real way of removing it. I can still access it (because of the desktop shortcuts), but the...
  7. Loaded Windows 10 Pro, no will not load. Blank screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loaded Windows 10 Pro, no will not load. Blank screen: I loaded Win10 Pro from Microsoft using the digital the digital download. Tried to boot the computer up after an interruption, got nothing but a blank screen. The computer is basically dead....
  8. Windows 10 search is showing blank screen........!

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search is showing blank screen........!: Clicking the magnifying glass opens the search function and displays blank screen.I want to search for an App on my laptop. So I start typing. As soon as I start typing anything in the search box turns white/blank. Nothing. No error message, no "couldn't find anything"...
  9. Blank search window

in Cortana
    Blank search window: Clicking the magnifying glass opens the search function but the window is completely blank. Nothing. No error message, no "couldn't find anything" message, no results whatsoever - just a blank box. This error comes after installing some new software. I tried uninstalling but...
  10. Windows Search does not work/ shows blank screen

in Cortana
    Windows Search does not work/ shows blank screen: Suddenly after i logged in my PC today, my search functionality stopped working. It shows blank screen whenever i try to search something. I tried restarting system but does nothing. Attached screenshot for reference. Windows 10 1903 [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search is blank cortana

2. windows search shows black window

3. windows 10 search window blank

4. Windows 12 not loading,
  5. Search in my pc is showing blank