Windows 10: Windows 10 Search not working (Bing appears in background)

Discus and support Windows 10 Search not working (Bing appears in background) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use the windows 10 search from the task bar but now as soon as i start to type a search query it appears to lock up and just shows a bing image in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DavidGBUK, Sep 28, 2017.

1. DavidGBUK Win User

Windows 10 Search not working (Bing appears in background)

I use the windows 10 search from the task bar but now as soon as i start to type a search query it appears to lock up and just shows a bing image in the background. Hitting enter to complete the search entry also has no affect. Has anyone else come accross this and is there a simple fix for it.

(See Screen shot below)

Thanks.

:)

DavidGBUK, Sep 28, 2017

2. Bing Lockscreen Wallpaper does not update

My Bing Lockscreen Wallpaper is working now, but with a little bit different compare to bing search background

- my bing search background changes from 4PM everyday

- my bing lockscreen wallpaper changes from the next morning, maybe in the previous night because when I wake up (6AM), it's changed.

I'm in Vietnam (UTC +7)

Kelvin.Nguyen, Sep 28, 2017
  3. Used Wallpaper

I don't think so. In the linked article is written, the background pictures in windows 10 are used from a bing search.

martin_hirsch, Sep 28, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Try running the search troubleshooter. Normally I'd say find 'troubleshoot' in the search box, but in your case, look for it in...
    Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot > Search and indexing.

5. AndreTen Win User
    You can run troubleshooter in Setings / Windows updates / Troubleshoot and select search

Bree beats me by a second.. better two answers than none *Smile

AndreTen, Sep 28, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    ...especially when they concur *Smile

7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 28, 2017
  8. DavidGBUK Win User

Thanks all the second option worked. *Smile

DavidGBUK, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Search not working (Bing appears in background) - Similar Threads - Search working Bing

2. Bing Search not working in Start Menu

in Cortana
    Bing Search not working in Start Menu: Bing Search not working in Start Menu in Windows 10 Home 20H2. I want to use Bing Web Search but it is not working. I also added "BingSearchEnabled" in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search but still it is not working....
  3. Bing in Start Search Windows 10

in Cortana
    Bing in Start Search Windows 10: I want to enable the Bing in Start Search as I feel it more convenient but after the recent update of windows I am having trouble with the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-in-start-search-windows-10/43026a43-f420-4ca5-93ea-44ed06aef419
  4. Bing in Start Search Windows 10

in Cortana
    Bing in Start Search Windows 10: I want to enable the Bing in Start Search as I feel it more convenient but after the recent update of windows I am having trouble with the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-in-start-search-windows-10/7d18d575-6c0c-418a-83e4-f72bb03fd715
  5. Windows bing search bar doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows bing search bar doesnt work: Hi, I've been having this problem for a day now and thought it would fix itself but it didn't. When I got to type in my search bar next to the windows icon it doesn't type or search, I also cant access settings too, I've tried to press the windows home button to go to...
  6. Search, powered by Bing not working as it should.

in Cortana
    Search, powered by Bing not working as it should.: according to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/search-with-bing, if you search something in ms search. You should be able to see an example while you'r typing or if you click on the arrow. But nothing happens.. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Random Bing Results appear on Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Bing Results appear on Search Bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MysteryBoBCat69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipzwcy/random_bing_results_appear_on_search_bar/
  8. bing to google in windows 10 search

in Browsers and Email
    bing to google in windows 10 search: I have had several techs from duifferent sites try and helopme get ggole search instaed of bing as default in windows 100 search bar i have gone to microsoft edge and tried it there but none of the techs nor myself have been able to do it not sure if an update changed it bbut...
  9. Bing in Start Search in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Bing in Start Search in Windows 10: I want to remove or disable Bing in the Start Search in Windows 10. The common advice in the Internet is the following: in Cortana & Search Settings - Click the switch beneath Cortana can give you suggestions, reminders, alerts, and more at the top of the menu so that it...
  10. Bing search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d