Windows 10: Windows 10 Shutdown Issue After 1903 Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Shutdown Issue After 1903 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I am currently using Windows 10 version 1803 on my desktop PC. I have tried updating to versions 1809, 1903 and 1909. During the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jimby1968, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Jimby1968 Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown Issue After 1903 Update

Hi All,

I am currently using Windows 10 version 1803 on my desktop PC.

I have tried updating to versions 1809, 1903 and 1909.

During the update process the computer restarts (which I know is normal and expected), however it just shuts down instead of restarting. When I turn the PC back on, I get the message saying "undoing changes made to your computer" and I end up back with version 1803.

I have tried:-

Uninstalling my anti virus

Removing unecessary peripherals (printer, external hard drive, headphones)

Clean boot

Formatting and installing on a clean hard drive

Obviously now, Windows update is aggressively prompting me to update ... however if I do, I will lose all use of my PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

edit to add:

I did once manage to upgrade to 1903 ... but as soon as I opened one of my game ... the PC shut down

:)

Jimby1968, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue After 1903 Update - Similar Threads - Shutdown Issue 1903

2. Issues with updating to Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with updating to Windows 10 1903: For several months, I've had trouble getting my laptop updated to Windows 10 1903. (I am currently on Windows 10 1803). What happens is when I let the update start, it will start updating normally, no issues. I have enough harddrive space on my computer. Then after it...
  3. Windows 10 1903 update take time to shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1903 update take time to shutdown: Hi I have a issue after updating my laptop to windows 10 1903...The software is upto date. Some times my laptop takes time to shut down. It is spotted recently. I usually force shut down when this problem occurs. This problem wont be seen after for 2 to 3 days (may be more)....
  4. window 10 1903 update issue

window 10 1903 update issue: I have tried for months to update my windows 10 pro from 1803 to 1903 ran the windows bat file net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop appidsvc net stop cryptsvc Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*" rmdir...
  5. Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903: I've updated my windows from 1803 to 1903 yesterday and have noticed starting up my PC took significant longer. Usually it takes 10-15 seconds from completely off to the login screen but after the update the PC will show a black screen after the boot loading screen and stays...
  6. Windows 10 (1903 update ) Issue

Windows 10 (1903 update ) Issue: I am not able to install the Windows 10 updates after 1803 update last year. It shows "this device isn't compatible in windows 10. contact the manufacturer for more info" for Volume (Microsoft). There is no driver update for that. Kindly help.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Issues with windows 10 update 1903

Issues with windows 10 update 1903: hi i was wondering if anyone had any issues with update 1903 deleting files and other things in this update even bookmarks in google chrome are gone too please help....
  8. Windows 1903 update Shutdown problem

Windows 1903 update Shutdown problem: I updated to 1903, but have had to revert back to 1809 due to a shutdown issue. With 1903 installed, my desktop will not shut down, after selecting shutdown from the menu, my screen goes off but my PC remains on and I am forced to hold down the power button to get it to...
  9. Windows 10 1903 Update issues

Windows 10 1903 Update issues: So gonna put this is detailed as possible without writing a book Trying to update to the latest update for windows 10 - 1903 (Feature update introducing PC Game Pass) I have tried every method known to man to get it to work, but it gets to reboot - 30% then reboots - 48%...
  10. Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903: I upgraded my Dell Optiplex desktop to Windows 10 1903 and noticed that the time to shutdown had increased from about 10 seconds to around 90 seconds. I reverted back to 1809 but still have the long shutdown period. I have tried, updating graphics and audio drivers,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shutdown after patch 1903