Windows 10: Windows 10 Sign Out

Discus and support Windows 10 Sign Out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been working with Windows 10 since they launched it with no problems. About a week ago the Sign Out drop down disappeared. When I click on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chet, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Chet Win User

Windows 10 Sign Out

I have been working with Windows 10 since they launched it with no problems. About a week ago the Sign Out drop down disappeared. When I click on my name the Apps Menu closes. If I hover on my name, nothing happens. I have been signing out using task manager. Any ideas?

:)

2. Microsoft Digital Image Suite 10

Hi Laurie

There are various ways to logoff Sign out, those are the more common:

- Open the Start Menu, click the user icon and choose "Sign out"

- Open the Quick Access Menu by hitting Windows + X, point at "Shut down or sign out" and then choose "Sign out"

4 Ways to Sign out in Windows 10

Gianni1962, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Cefizelj' Win User
    Search the web and Windows in Windows 10 not working

You don't need to restart computer. Just Sign-Out from your User Account and Sign-In.

Tutorial: How to Sign-Out of Windows 10.

Cefizelj', Oct 13, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 Sign Out

This is by your account picture on the Start menu screen you right click and nothing shows from right click. If right click the Start button and select Sign out, you can not sign out that way either ?

jds63, Oct 13, 2015
  5. Chet Win User
    No. Right click on my name and the Start Menu screen closes. I can see the blue circle spin really quick and then it closes. It's doing something. If I right-click on the start button I can sign out that way.

6. Ztruker Win User
    Sounds like a good time to run DISM and SFC to repair any missing or corrupted system files.

Open a Elevated Command Prompt
    Run the following commands in sequence.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2015
  7. Chet Win User
    Error 87 .........option unknown

8. Chet Win User

Windows 10 Sign Out

Thanks guys. I haven't resolved it but I do appreciate your help.

9. jds63 Win User
    Possible put commands in wrong, try to copy paste from here into Command Prompt

Otherwise try SFC first then after it finishes use DISM at same open prompt
    sfc /scannow

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Reboot and try both commands few times and reboot again after both.

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Make sure it's an Elevated Command Prompt.

Right click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin)

Ztruker, Oct 16, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Sign Out

1. Windows 10 Sign Out - Similar Threads - Sign

2. Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account: We set up a new WiFi router at work and switched the printers over. The computer worked fine with the printer but then stopped. The tech from the printer company tried everything he could to resolve the issue but was unable to. The next step was to set up the laptop...
  3. Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account: We set up a new WiFi router at work and switched the printers over. The computer worked fine with the printer but then stopped. The tech from the printer company tried everything he could to resolve the issue but was unable to. The next step was to set up the laptop...
  4. Need to add new email to my Microsoft account used to sign in but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to add new email to my Microsoft account used to sign in but...: I have used a cable company for 25 years, Now I want to go fiber. The email i use will be lost when i quit the cable company. I went to outlook.com created a new email and signed up for office365 basic. In the process it created a new Microsoft account. Now when i go to...
  5. Need to add new email to my Microsoft account used to sign in but...

Need to add new email to my Microsoft account used to sign in but...: I have used a cable company for 25 years, Now I want to go fiber. The email i use will be lost when i quit the cable company. I went to outlook.com created a new email and signed up for office365 basic. In the process it created a new Microsoft account. Now when i go to...
  6. Windows 11 System account email now family a members after signing into mincraft how do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System account email now family a members after signing into mincraft how do I...: Just created a family account for may daughter to play mincraft, compliciated enough process. After signing her into the mincraft launcher it warned that the email for the microsoft store was different. Which is fine and correct because its mine. I closed that window without...
  7. Windows 11 System account email now family a members after signing into mincraft how do I...

Windows 11 System account email now family a members after signing into mincraft how do I...: Just created a family account for may daughter to play mincraft, compliciated enough process. After signing her into the mincraft launcher it warned that the email for the microsoft store was different. Which is fine and correct because its mine. I closed that window without...
  8. How to sign out of my personal account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign out of my personal account.: I want to have only my work account in this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-out-of-my-personal-account/709aae68-0f02-44cc-9d1d-8e78baaa2915
  9. How to sign out of my personal account.

How to sign out of my personal account.: I want to have only my work account in this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-out-of-my-personal-account/709aae68-0f02-44cc-9d1d-8e78baaa2915
  10. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...