Windows 10: Windows 10 - Signing in with your microsoft account as user/owner makes some application...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Signing in with your microsoft account as user/owner makes some application... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am frustrated. I can't play World of Tanks("one of the applications that has this problem"). At first I thought it was my internet, checked with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kakigori Mochi, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Signing in with your microsoft account as user/owner makes some application...

I am frustrated. I can't play World of Tanks("one of the applications that has this problem").

At first I thought it was my internet, checked with other computer the application connects well to game servers.

So I tried reformatting, a fresh start for my computer started with logging in online for user setup, installed drivers, necessary programs, problem persist with World of Tanks. I again reformatted the second time, but this time I created a local account instead, instead drivers, etc., World of Tanks worked!

But as soon I started fiddling with the Settings App and logged on my Microsoft account after a restart, World of Tanks doesn't work again. So I assumed that I have touched something I shouldn't have.

Now I have tried a new approach, local account > installed drivers and necessary files to run World of Tanks > created a system restore point > restart > game connects to the servers > Settings App (without Touching anything but only Account and Personalization) > created a system restore point > restart > the games can't ping the servers or connect > assumed it was me logging in my Microsoft account > entered system restore and reverted back to the first restore point I made > restarted > game connects to the servers.

I have no idea what is causing it. Please help, I have other programs that has this problem that needs internet connectivity.
    Could it be me attaching my Microsoft account? But I need to log it in because my windows key is attached to the account to activate my windows..

:)

Kakigori Mochi, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

4. Zakin Win User

Windows 10 - Signing in with your microsoft account as user/owner makes some application...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 - Signing in with your microsoft account as user/owner makes some application... :(

Zakin, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Signing in with your microsoft account as user/owner makes some application...

1. Windows 10 - Signing in with your microsoft account as user/owner makes some application... - Similar Threads - Signing microsoft account

2. How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?: Hey guys, I'm aware that I'm suppose to go to account settings and press sign in with local account but it doesn't showand yes I'm admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-out-of-your-microsoft-account-on/257e9967-fcd6-4261-b3f1-217d68f90f04
  3. How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?: Hey guys, I'm aware that I'm suppose to go to account settings and press sign in with local account but it doesn't showand yes I'm admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-out-of-your-microsoft-account-on/257e9967-fcd6-4261-b3f1-217d68f90f04
  4. How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Owner of Microsoft Account deceased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Owner of Microsoft Account deceased: My friend lost her husband recently and cannot access his desktop PC running Win 10. She cannot find his password book. Is there any way for her to ever access the PC? I'm not sure which category to place this question....
  6. Owner of Microsoft Account deceased

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Owner of Microsoft Account deceased: My friend lost her husband recently and cannot access his desktop PC running Win 10. She cannot find his password book. Is there any way for her to ever access the PC? I'm not sure which category to place this question....
  7. Microsoft Mahjong is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mahjong is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in...: I cannot log in and keep receiving this code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mahjong-is-currently-not-available-in/da90e958-beec-49ee-bb1b-d9e969d3fbc5
  8. Windows 10 - hierarchy of owners/users/administrators/accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - hierarchy of owners/users/administrators/accounts: Following recent Update crash all files folders became read-only. The only work around was to create a separate account/log-in. Now almost all of my files/folders are locked up with denial of access, cannot save here, other denial comments because of no administrator...
  9. Unable to sign in to microsoft user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to sign in to microsoft user account: miscrosoft account sing in "You need to install an app for this task" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-in-to-microsoft-user-account/ded709da-dfff-4a4f-8bbf-96de589104fe
  10. Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.: I changed the sign in options of all the users on my laptop to local sign in instead previously each user signed in with their Microsoft accounts and now when I go to change the setting to back to sign in with Microsoft account it tells me that account is already in use on...