Windows 10: Windows 10 Signon Password

Discus and support Windows 10 Signon Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased a new computer which had Windows 10 Home installed. It required a password, which I provided. However, on my previous computer, this was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JamesManchester, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Signon Password

I purchased a new computer which had Windows 10 Home installed. It required a password, which I provided. However, on my previous computer, this was my Microsoft password. This computer required only an arbitrary password. How do I change it back to requiring my Microsoft password?

:)

JamesManchester, Feb 29, 2020
  2. FREDDEL Win User

Computer refuses signon with unknown password

Our computer has mysteriously acquired an unknown password and refuses any signon. We have purposely omitted any signon password (hit return at prompt) because our computers are secure. So the spontaneous injection of a password is problematical. We have tried most recently internally used passwords for applications (starting with the most recent) but nothing works. Short of calling Microsoft does anyone have a suggestion?

We have not originated an account with MS or created any hierarchy of accounts. One user and one signon in an isolated environment.

FREDDEL, Feb 29, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    Computer refuses signon with unknown password

Hi Freddel and welcome to Tenforums.

That's odd. You don't have any Microsoft account which someone may have signed in to, changing the computer's local account to an MS account? (of course, this would also change the username you see at login.)

If you have System Restore turned on, you could try restoring to a point in time before this happened.

If no restore points exist, you could turn on the hidden administrator account, and remove the password from your user account that way. Since you can't get into your account, you'd need to accomplish this using Option #4 in the tutorial.

simrick, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Windows 10 Signon Password

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Signon Password

1. Windows 10 Signon Password - Similar Threads - Signon Password

2. Cannot signon to my account on new laptop running Windows11H. Tells me the user id or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot signon to my account on new laptop running Windows11H. Tells me the user id or...: I have a desktop that I can sign on to, running Windows 10 pro. I purchased a new Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 Home which I would also like to use with the same account. But when I go to sign on to the laptop it tells me the user id or password is incorrect.I tried going...
  3. Cannot signon to my account on new laptop running Windows11H. Tells me the user id or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot signon to my account on new laptop running Windows11H. Tells me the user id or...: I have a desktop that I can sign on to, running Windows 10 pro. I purchased a new Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 Home which I would also like to use with the same account. But when I go to sign on to the laptop it tells me the user id or password is incorrect.I tried going...
  4. Trying to signon with Password to change Windows 10 PIN on my 2 year old Dell desktop. but...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to signon with Password to change Windows 10 PIN on my 2 year old Dell desktop. but...: Trying to signon with Password to reset Windows 10 PIN on my 2 year old Dell desktop. but after code verification is entered it says "please wait" then "just a moment" and then says Must be connected to the internet and it is. I received an email with the verification code so...
  5. Trying to signon with Password to change Windows 10 PIN on my 2 year old Dell desktop. but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to signon with Password to change Windows 10 PIN on my 2 year old Dell desktop. but...: Trying to signon with Password to reset Windows 10 PIN on my 2 year old Dell desktop. but after code verification is entered it says "please wait" then "just a moment" and then says Must be connected to the internet and it is. I received an email with the verification code so...
  6. Trying to signon with Password to change Windows 10 PIN on my 2 year old Dell desktop. but...

7. Windows !1 disconnect work or school account so do not getting looping teaams signon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows !1 disconnect work or school account so do not getting looping teaams signon...: I looked at and attempted to follow solution at this URL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-work-or-school-account-from/1d0cd5c4-28b8-48a3-a880-49d4ea880125Unfortunately, the disconnect option does not appear. How do I remove this account...
  8. Windows !1 disconnect work or school account so do not getting looping teaams signon...

Windows !1 disconnect work or school account so do not getting looping teaams signon...: I looked at and attempted to follow solution at this URL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-work-or-school-account-from/1d0cd5c4-28b8-48a3-a880-49d4ea880125Unfortunately, the disconnect option does not appear. How do I remove this account...
  9. signon option with fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signon option with fingerprint: I purchased my dell inspiron comp couple months ago, but my fingerprint signon is no longer an option and i get the following message when I try to set it up again: "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint". Anyone have this situation...
  10. Computer refuses signon with unknown password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer refuses signon with unknown password: Our computer has mysteriously acquired an unknown password and refuses any signon. We have purposely omitted any signon password (hit return at prompt) because our computers are secure. So the spontaneous injection of a password is problematical. We have tried most recently...